Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

New Kit - Numbers and Lettering

I cannot understand why we do not have green letters and numbers on the back of our home shirts  . This to me would finish our distinctive kit off in style , various other Prem clubs have lettering and numbering that compliments their shirts , we always use the cheap and lazy option black . When we had the adidas kit back in 80''s we used green numbering back then , why not now ?

There was a video posted on another thread of the 72 squad on here last night. I liked the green numbers on there a lot. Adds a bit of a retro feel as well. Old school plain yellow with green numbers and a bit of green trimming. Sounds a good call to me.

I just find it annoying that we play in yellow with a green trim , it just seems obvious to have green numbers and lettering . Looking at Wolves they play in gold and black , so obviously the letters would be in black but when you look at Man City for example their light blue home shirts have contrasting dark blue letters and numbers on the back .. I''m sure the Norwich marketing team could get green letters and numbers if they wanted to .. It just smacks of lazy marketing to me and we are missing a trick ..

Black on yellow stands out very well and I''m not sure our fairly light shade of green on yellow would. Remember as well that the Premier League lettering and numbering is quite a small and narrow font. I could see it being quite difficult to read from ''Newcastle away end'' distance!