Sign in to follow this  
nicho

De Laet to Leicester

Got all the attributes to be a very good defender Ritchie. But unfortunately you always know he potentially has one absolutely suicidal moment in him per game as he proved with Norwich. The penalty incident against Wigan. the blind pass against Chelsea and the mix up against West Brom to name but a few. I reckon he would be better off at full back for the time being where he can utilise his excellent pace to get forward and because it''s an area where you can potentially get away with the odd error. Unlike playing at centre half.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he was very poor for us....

maybe a step down the ladder will do him good.. fair play to him.
[/quote]

I disagree, I thought at times he looked class. Sure he made a couple of errors but name a city defender who hasn''t this season. Certainly rather have De Laet then Ward. 

Definitely think right-back is best for him to start with. Crazy pace, but needs to be more consistent and calm and could be one hell of a player and move to CB. Good luck to him (unless he plays us)

Is Michael Johnson still playing for them?

He will grow into a good player, no doubt about that. But like Chris Martin, maybe needs to find his feet in the lower levels first. Good luck to the lad though, bar his odd mistake, he was a decent prospect. He will learn

Both quality players watching them many times on MUTVboth played for reserves.De Laet at full back shuld be great with his attacking play simply need to be more clver and play without many fireworks and shuld be class espec in championship.

I thought he had potential.  Given more time, could he have stopped making suicidal mistakes ?

Personally I think what did for him was giving Rudd a hard time after his back pass gave away a goal - that was his last start for us and I think PL won''t stand for that sort of attitude.

Yeah that really riled me at the time. Particularly as Rudd was in no way at fault and didn''t need that on his first Premiership start regardless. He had another go against Spurs, got injured and that was it.

I wish him well, but he wasn''t consistent enough for the Prem. He looked good for 90% of the match, but he then had a habit of making costly errors.

I hope he does well at Leicester, and if he can build the consistency into his game, he could be top quality.

Like other, i thought he had potential. Think he suffered most from the poor decisions or stupid mistake, but all our defenders have this season. The guy just needs more first team games under the belt, would be interested in him in a couple of season as he is a very versatile defender. Like someone else said, would take him in the squad over Ward any day, and Barnet also

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he was very poor for us.... maybe a step down the ladder will do him good.. fair play to him.[/quote]How loanees play for us isn''t always indicative of their best. Look at Kieron Gibbs...