Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Ruddy in NO Holt

SSN live :

Gutted for Holty , elated for Ruddy !

GK – Hart, Green, Ruddy
DF – Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry
M – Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, Milner
S – Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

SSN live :

GK – Hart, Green, Ruddy
DF – Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry
M – Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, Milner
S – Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

[/quote]

Carroll & Welbeck - disgraceful selection instead of Holt

Ruddy is Englands nummber 2. Gotta be ahead of Green. Holt isn''t even back up = pathetic. Apart from Ruddy and Oxlade Chamberlain everything else is same old same old.

[quote user="Jem"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

SSN live :

GK – Hart, Green, RuddyDF – Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, TerryM – Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, MilnerS – Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

[/quote]

Carroll & Welbeck - disgraceful selection instead of Holt

[/quote]Carroll = 4 league goals in 35 appearances this season. That is all that needs to be said.Wonder whether Roy will mention Holt in his press conference?

What does Holty have to do? Score 30+ goals to be noticed?????

Hoping that Carroll fails to score all tournament! I think Welbeck might be ok though

Fantastic news for Ruddy......got a current and former City keeper in the squad! 8-)

Holt has scored more than Defoe and Carroll, yet doesn''t get picked. It''s a disgrace, players should be picked on the successes they''ve had, not previous experience.

Playing for England just seems like an expectation for half of these players. What the hell have Defoe, Downing, Milner, Wellbeck or Walcott really done to merit a place this season?!

I''d rather see Holt and Allen in there. Heck, I''d even rather have Scholes. Milner and Barry are the most boring players in history!

I thought for a minute that he may have picked them around being unble to pronounce W''s i.e Gwant Holt

But Cawwoll and Wooney have blown that logic ! [:(]

[quote user="nicho"]Ruddy is Englands nummber 2. Gotta be ahead of Green. Holt isn''t even back up = pathetic. Apart from Ruddy and Oxlade Chamberlain everything else is same old same old.[/quote]It don''t work like that.  Wet Spam are a bigger club.  Green No2 [;)]

Glenn Johnson is pants too would rather have Naughton. He''ll probably start with Carroll and Defoe then lol!

I just don''t see where the goals are coming from?[:^)]

Carroll getting back to his past over the last few weeks? WTF?  I stand to be corrected, but I''m sure Carroll has only bagged 17 Premier League goals in his whole career!

Carroll to get injured in training and Sturridge in Champs League final..then Zamora will get called up lol.

Let''s just see how we go at the Euros first and be happy for Ruddy - he HAS to be 2nd choice. Hasn''t Green made 2 howlers for England already?

Given the opinion of pundits like Shearer, Lawrenson and others It would have wequired balls for Woy to select Gwant. Enough said I think apart from the fact that sadly, like most on here I''m sure, I am not the least bit surpwised

Norwich keeper Ruddy said: "It''s a real honour for me and hopefully it''s an indication as to how far I have developed as a player with Norwich City and how far we''ve developed as a squad at Norwich.

"Playing for my country has been a dream of mine, of course it has.

Glad Ruddy is bigging up the Norwich squad too. Great keeper, hope we don''t recieve to much interest in him though! Well played Ruddy.

So, no Carrick, Richards, Johnson (A), or Lennon, but places for Carroll, Johnson (G), Downing, and Henderson on standby.Makes you proud to be English! Well done Roy, for such a brave squad. (By brave, I mean brave to leave out all the in-form players and instead go for those who have been proven not to be able to do it in the past).Still, delighted for Ruddy, even if he should be second choice!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Same old shite. .[/quote]

And same old shite from supposed England fans like you, LC . You''ve written them off before they''ve even started .

As for whoever said that the squad should not be picked on past efforts, well, agreed but, as well as current form, potential for the future is also a vital aspect. That''s why Holty was never  going to be in the squad . He''s done great things for us, but just is not going to be one for the furure, is he ?

Which is wy Ruddy is a different thing altogether. If he can avoid any gaffes, he''ll be around for a while in International terms. But, the reality is that unless Hart gets injured or red-carded, Ruddy''s not actually going to play any significant part.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

And same old shite from supposed England fans like you, LC . You''ve written them off before they''ve even started .

As for whoever said that the squad should not be picked on past efforts, well, agreed but, as well as current form, potential for the future is also a vital aspect. That''s why Holty was never  going to be in the squad . He''s done great things for us, but just is not going to be one for the furure, is he ?

Which is wy Ruddy is a different thing altogether. If he can avoid any gaffes, he''ll be around for a while in International terms. But, the reality is that unless Hart gets injured or red-carded, Ruddy''s not actually going to play any significant part.

[/quote]

Come off it mate, an england team with the likes of  lampard, parker, barry, downing, carroll is never going to win a major tournament. Lampard barry and parker along with gerrard have never done it for england at the peak of the careers, its highly unlikely there going to achieve now.

I wanted to see a team full of young hungry players who have been on form mixed in with a couple of experienced lads. Not a team picked on reputations.   

[/quote]

Why is this a vital aspect? Surely potential for this summer is the most important aspect????!!!!! Unless you''re writing off this competition already? Just don''t follow the logic in this. Surely we want players that are performing now? Not those that might in the future. Surelay after the competition is when we bring players in that might develop in time for the next comp.  

I can see why Defoe''s in there, not always started for Spurs this season, but has still scored goals.  Walcott in midfield can also play up front and some would argue that''s his better position.  Rooney, well, he was always going to go even though he seems to struggle to score for England.  I can only think that Welbeck has been picked to link up with Rooney if England progress, although I wouldn''t have taken him.  I certainly wouldn''t have taken Carroll.  I''d have taken, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Holt with Walcott also being played upfront when needed.  I think the little and large act of Holt and Defoe upfront would work quite well.

Carrick in for Barry, Richards in for Glen Johnson and either Adam Johnson or Lennon (my preferred option) in for Downing. Other than that though, I think it''s a fairly reasonable squad.

Defoe I don''t mind being in - we were only ever going to take on big man, and I do think that if you''re going to want to bring someone on in the last 15 minutes to finish a chance, Defoe is that man, superb finisher.

Really it was a toss up between Holt, Crouch and Carroll for that big man spot. Carroll, on form, is better than both of those two. He''s been woefully out of form this season, but has looked like coming back into something like a bit of form recently. Plus the fact that Holt and Crouch are both the wrong side of 30, and Carroll is only what, 22, I don''t think it''s a completely ridiculous decision. Harsh on Grant, but we can''t have it both ways. You can''t call for the likes of Lampard and Terry to be dropped in favour of youth, and then want a 31 year old who is untested at international level to come in over someone with huge potential who is 22.

[/quote]

Players for the future?  Well on that basis several of those who made the squad, shouldn''t have!