Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Drop Fleming and Holt

What about Helveg. He''s fit now and I feel he really should be a regular for us now for the rest of the season. Either in place of Edworthy or Fleming... don''t care which just get him in the team!!!

I agree, but will be very surprised. the only changes i can possibly see is eddy and stuart for helveg and jonson??

The Scandinavians have to play a part tomorrow - Helveg and Jonson have just played international matches, so should be 100% fit and up for the game tomorrow, and might just bring the quality we have been lacking in recent games. Robbo is right about taking off Eddy and Stuart.

I would probably start with

Green
Helveg  Fleming  Shackell  Drury
      Safri  Francis  Jonson                   (or opposite sides for YS/MJ)
McKenzie  Ashton  Huckerby 

[quote]Helveg 4 Eddy Doc 4 Fleming Safri 4 Holt The only one that MIGHT happen is the first of those though. Be bold Nige - there''s nothing really to lose![/quote]

You are forgetting that we have a manager who doesn''t make bold decisions and relies on the same old under performing players week in week out.

If only we had a manager who recognises talented players, including the youngsters, and actually gives them a chance.

[quote]Please. Doc and Safri in their place.[/quote]

Yes with Safri, Helveg and The Doc in the squad we could have at least got excited that changes had been made, after all what have we got to lose now, but no, good old reliable Holt and Fleming are first choice yet again

Oh dear oh dear. When will Worthy learn. I said that they should have been dropped and oh yes they should have been.

I went to the depressing beam back. Safri was at the players all the time and made some great passes. Holt made a couple of decent passes but nothing more.

Fleming was useless. Third goal his fault.

It was also good to see Edworthy come off. Again Helveg was the much better play, two great passes, and overlapped well down the wing.

Mr Worthy. Are you worthy of your position ?

my brother inlaw is a gooner and was at highbury today and i was at the beam back ,he sent me a text ten minuets before the game saying they were giving us a chance as Cygan was playing .I sent him one back jokingley saying but we have Fleming in our side .He was a joke or headless chicken is a bit harsh but not far of the mark .I voted for him last year for player of the season and he rightly won it ,but this season he been shown up and i think its long over due for him to be rested for his sake and the team, so its over to you worthy OR THE JOKE WILL BE ON YOU ! OTBC

I have been saying since day one along with Zipper that Helveg needs to be in the team over Eddy and/or Fleming.   Also Holt is nothing short of useless at this level, great work ethic and that helps in the championship, but waste of a shirt in the Prem.  Finally some more fans agree, but as is usual Nigel''s learning curve seems to be about 4 months after everyone elses and it is far to late now.  I know Helveg has been injured before any1 says anything but shackell was in the squad for weeks before he got the nod and then he drops Doc who was playing well and Fleming was left in!!!   What''s happened to Charlie too? Is he injured?

I refer back to a post a week or so ago about Nigel being kicked out and replaced.  I refrained from posting as at the time I was unsure and still giving him the benefit of the doubt, but to play the same team that has lost how many weeks in a row, the man is blinkered and has proved he cannot hack the top flight.........YET.   Unless Worthy starts seeing what I have been seeing all season and kicks the likes of Fleming, Eddy (4 times part of a relegated team) and Holt to touch then he needs to go.

Holt, although not good enough, at least plays the odd probing pass, and fills in gaps...bring in Safri, or Stuart...whoever, just make a change.

Fleming is rubbish...bring back Doherty

Edworthy is even worse...bring in Helveg permanently, don''t give Edworthy a new contract.

If we want to progress, this needs to happen.

Good to hear Worthington talk about the spine of our team for the future though...

By all means, but having seen Doherty concede goals by getting out of position, I would like to try Charlton with Shackle. Charlton surely has not lost the ability he showed earlier in the season, ven if he has upset the manager in some way.I would drop Edworthy, whom I regard as a bigger liability than Holt. Edworthy seemed good earlier in the season, but now makes so many errors that he needs a rest.