Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

McNally Speaks Out On Lambert!

[quote user="Frankel"]It stands to reason that if you stand still you don''t go anywhere.

We need someone with the ambition and financial clout to push us on to the next level if we''re ever to finish in the top 3 again.[/quote]When did we last "stand still" under the current club management/board line-up?  When winning League One?  When getting promoted to the Premier League?  When completing a successful first season back in the PL?We will never finish in the Top 3 again, by the way. Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea will all see to that.  The world has changed radically since 1993 and we will never compete with these teams with crowds of 25,000.

[quote user="Frankel"]

We are in the best position we''ve been for many years. We can''t let celebrities playing at football club owners jeopardise that position, maybe the time has come for the fans to force their hand, especially if we are at risk of losing Lambert or McNally or God forbid, both.

We need an owner who can match the ambition of Lambert and the fans.

[/quote]

Leaving aside the fact (which you have cheerfully ignored) that Bowkett says there is no-one out there with the wherewithal to buy the club, what means do you have in mind by which the fans can force the owners to sell up?

[quote user="Frankel"]It stands to reason that if you stand still you don''t go anywhere. We need someone with the ambition and financial clout to push us on to the next level if we''re ever to finish in the top 3 again.[/quote]

Sorry my friend, but that is pie in the sky thinking by someone with a very limited understanding of the situation as a whole.

Also, did you really state somewhere that the fans should force Delia out? I must have missed that gem. What tosh.

I have four words to say to you: Marcus Evans, Blackburn, Portsmouth. I could say quite a few more.

We''ll never finish in the top 3 with this kind of negative small club outlook.

I''m sure a few years ago Man City didn''t really believe they''d eclipse United. Chelsea went from mediocre right the way to the top too.

Under this regime we have probably done as well as we can realistically expect to. If 12th is the height of your ambition, well, what more needs saying.

With the right investment we can really push on, under Delia, we won''t.

And while the fans can''t force a sale Purple, we can make it clear that we want bigger and better for our club.

Revive some of the ideas from when we were relegated to league one or are you all that fickle?

[quote user="Frankel"]We''ll never finish in the top 3 with this kind of negative small club outlook. I''m sure a few years ago Man City didn''t really believe they''d eclipse United. Chelsea went from mediocre right the way to the top too. Under this regime we have probably done as well as we can realistically expect to. If 12th is the height of your ambition, well, what more needs saying. With the right investment we can really push on, under Delia, we won''t. And while the fans can''t force a sale Purple, we can make it clear that we want bigger and better for our club. Revive some of the ideas from when we were relegated to league one or are you all that fickle?[/quote]

Who said 12th. is the height of my ambition, but top three? Get real. It has long since been accepted that the top six places in the Premiership are more or less a closed shop, with clubs of the calibre of Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Villa being only those capable of vying for a place there amongst the Manchesters, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. We are no longer in the era of Mike Walker. Whether or not the impending fair play rules will infringe upon this situation remains to be seen. Whether or not these bubbles burst remains to be seen also. Time may change the present set-up, not NCFC or any others trying to ape these giants. 

What exactly do you mean by the "right" investment? A Russian Oligarch? a Sheik? A Marcus Evans? No thank you. As I said, one day these bubbles may burst. More investment, yes, but none of the likes of the above ( except an Evans I suppose) would take a second look at our Club in any case.

What is so "negative and small club" about aspiring to NCFC being a Premiership stalwart, with capacity gates in a 35, 000 stadium and debt free, playing the top sides in the land, aspiring to cup success or even the Europa League and having constant exposure in the media (as an exile, I love the streams and Football First.) This is realistic and positive and would make us the envy of most of the Football League, including binland. It is not negative.

QPR, and now Reading apparently, have big money. Does anybody see them in the top three in the near future and beyond? Do they?

I admire your ambition a lot, but guess you are a youngster. We won''t argue about this as we support the same cause, but I repeat, we are no longer in the era of Mike Walker,  unfortunately.

[quote user="Frankel"]We''ll never finish in the top 3 with this kind of negative small club outlook. I''m sure a few years ago Man City didn''t really believe they''d eclipse United. Chelsea went from mediocre right the way to the top too. Under this regime we have probably done as well as we can realistically expect to. If 12th is the height of your ambition, well, what more needs saying. With the right investment we can really push on, under Delia, we won''t. And while the fans can''t force a sale Purple, we can make it clear that we want bigger and better for our club. Revive some of the ideas from when we were relegated to league one or are you all that fickle?[/quote]

The practical ideas I remember being talked about when we got relegated that actually happened were that the vast majority of fans renewed their season tickets (19,671 as opposed to 20,340 for the season before in the Championship) and more than 6,000 of those opted not to take the rebate. Thus providing the club with more than £700,000 for the playing budget.