Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

McNally Speaks Out On Lambert!

Not Villa, it''s Burnley all over again. Lambert isn''t daft he''s just very astute in being coy.

If Lambert goes to Villa he will have let himself down and sold himself incredibly short.

At the moment the only job I think would interest Lambo would be the Liverpool one, but I still think it''s a season too soon for him.

Personally and subjectively of course, I think he''d be better off staying at Norwich for next season and giving the top teams a real ''fright''. In any case, the real test of a premiership manager apparently is to survive ''second season syndrome''. It''s going to be an exciting summer whatever.

Ain''t that a surprise...

Big Vince, Tangie and Bury yellow all think Bowkett, McNally and Lambert''s arrival had nothing to do with Delia but their possible leaving would have everything to do with her. It''s so ridiculous that it can only be born out of prejudice.

And Purple. If you want to sound believable then there''s a few simple rules you need to ahere to. I have learned much from your informed posts so the least I can do is offer a little help in return.

Monday''s hint for Purple : It isn''t Delia''s trainset it''s her dolls house. It''s Wynnies trainset.

No charge for this BTW[H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ain''t that a surprise...

Big Vince, Tangie and Bury yellow all think Bowkett, McNally and Lambert''s arrival had nothing to do with Delia but their possible leaving would have everything to do with her. It''s so ridiculous that it can only be born out of prejudice.

[/quote]

Surely you have forgotten someone ?

Well we all knew that Cluck couldn''t keep up his new improved moderate posting sprinkled with the very occasional interest in football.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Well we all knew that Cluck couldn''t keep up his new improved moderate posting sprinkled with the very occasional interest in football.[/quote]Lol, his trolling could hardly be described as subtle.[:D]

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Well we all knew that Cluck couldn''t keep up his new improved moderate posting sprinkled with the very occasional interest in football.[/quote]

He must be running round like a dog with two d icks at the moment as there have never been so many threads on the front page for at least three years for him to pour out his anti Delia bile......Lambert leaving......will McNally stay ?..... what would the board do ?.......etc etc.

As Nutty has already said the arrival of Lambert,McNally and Bowkett had bugger all to do with Delia but as sure as night follows day if any of them leave it will be her fault and hers alone.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Well we all knew that Cluck couldn''t keep up his new improved moderate posting sprinkled with the very occasional interest in football.[/quote]

He must be running round like a dog with two d icks at the moment as there have never been so many threads on the front page for at least three years for him to pour out his anti Delia bile......Lambert leaving......will McNally stay ?..... what would the board do ?.......etc etc.

As Nutty has already said the arrival of Lambert,McNally and Bowkett had bugger all to do with Delia but as sure as night follows day if any of them leave it will be her fault and hers alone.

[/quote]

I''m surprised Nutty would make comments like that but I agree.  You can''t really argue against them really.

What evidence is there that proves Delia had anything to do with the recruitment of McNally?  I''ve deliberately omitted Lambert because we all know that it was McNally who recruited him, we all know THAT Colchester story!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I''m surprised Nutty would make comments like that but I agree.  You can''t really argue against them really.

What evidence is there that proves Delia had anything to do with the recruitment of McNally?  I''ve deliberately omitted Lambert because we all know that it was McNally who recruited him, we all know THAT Colchester story!

[/quote]

This has the potential to get a bit surreal. Nutty wasn''t saying the arrival of Lambert, McNally and Bowkett had nothing to do with Delia. Unless I have totally musinderstood his view he believes the opposite. What nutty was doing was parodying the view of some posters who will attribute none of the good stuff to Delia (and MWJ) but all of the bad stuff.

As to whether Delia brought in McNally and Bowkett, of course she did. She sacked (showed the door to...) Doncaster and Munby and brought in their successors. That is what the owners of companes do. They fire and hire the top executives. And that is what Delia did in this case. Who else could possibly have done that? 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]Jeez, here we go again.[:''(][/quote]

Don''t cry Morty, it''ll be alright.  Do you want a cuddle?[{][:D]

[/quote]*Holds up lifelike doll, "norfolkbroadslim touched me here, here and here"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]*Holds up lifelike doll, "norfolkbroadslim touched me here, here and here"[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]Jeez, here we go again.

[:''(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

*Holds up lifelike doll, "norfolkbroadslim touched me here, here and here"
[/quote]

Our lips shouldn’t touch
Move over darling
I like it too much
Move over darling
That gleam in your eyes is no big surprise anymore
Cos you fooled me before

I’m all in a spin
Move over darling
I’ve got to give in
Move over darling
And though it’s not right, I’m too weak to fight it somehow
Cos I want you right now....................................

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]*Holds up lifelike doll, "norfolkbroadslim touched me here, here and here"[/quote]

Our lips shouldn’t touchMove over darlingI like it too muchMove over darlingThat gleam in your eyes is no big surprise anymoreCos you fooled me beforeI’m all in a spinMove over darlingI’ve got to give inMove over darlingAnd though it’s not right, I’m too weak to fight it somehowCos I want you right now....................................

[/quote]Reassure me here, you are a chick, right?[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our lips shouldn’t touch
Move over darling
I like it too much
Move over darling
Cos you fooled me before

I’m all in a spin
Move over darling
I’ve got to give in
Move over darling

[/quote]

Reassure me here, you are a chick, right?

[:D]
[/quote]

If that''ll help.  I''m a chick, my name''s Richard[:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]*Holds up lifelike doll, "norfolkbroadslim touched me here, here and here"[/quote]

Our lips shouldn’t touchMove over darlingI like it too muchMove over darlingThat gleam in your eyes is no big surprise anymoreCos you fooled me beforeI’m all in a spinMove over darlingI’ve got to give inMove over darlingAnd though it’s not right, I’m too weak to fight it somehowCos I want you right now....................................

[/quote]Reassure me here, you are a chick, right?[:D][/quote]

[/quote]Hahaha!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This has the potential to get a bit surreal. Nutty wasn''t saying the arrival of Lambert, McNally and Bowkett had nothing to do with Delia. Unless I have totally musinderstood his view he believes the opposite. What nutty was doing was parodying the view of some posters who will attribute none of the good stuff to Delia (and MWJ) but all of the bad stuff.

As to whether Delia brought in McNally and Bowkett, of course she did. She sacked (showed the door to...) Doncaster and Munby and brought in their successors. That is what the owners of companes do. They fire and hire the top executives. And that is what Delia did in this case. Who else could possibly have done that? 

[/quote]

[Y] That is what i meant to say indeed Purple. I should have added after........".had nothing to do with Delia " according to certain posters.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our lips shouldn’t touch
Move over darling
I like it too much
Move over darling
Cos you fooled me before

I’m all in a spin
Move over darling
I’ve got to give in
Move over darling

[/quote]

Reassure me here, you are a chick, right?

[:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In this modern day Morty you should be prepared to embrace diversity no matter the gender.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]Reassure me here, you are a chick, right?[:D][/quote]

[/quote]

In this modern day Morty you should be prepared to embrace diversity no matter the gender.[:P]

[/quote]Oh I am happy with embracing.Just no touching each others willies.[:P]

If Big Vince is correct in his summary, shouldn''t we, as fans, be trying to do something about it?

We are in the best position we''ve been for many years. We can''t let celebrities playing at football club owners jeopardise that position, maybe the time has come for the fans to force their hand, especially if we are at risk of losing Lambert or McNally or God forbid, both.

We need an owner who can match the ambition of Lambert and the fans.

I rather suspect that if the fans tried to force anyones hand, especially now, of all times, to express dissatisfaction at the "celebrities playing at football club owners" then the likes of Paul Lambert, David McNally and Alan Bowkett, three of the clubs greatest assets would probably wonder why they were bothering at all and all look to move on because of it!

[quote user="Frankel"]

If Big Vince is correct in his summary, shouldn''t we, as fans, be trying to do something about it?

We are in the best position we''ve been for many years. We can''t let celebrities playing at football club owners jeopardise that position, maybe the time has come for the fans to force their hand, especially if we are at risk of losing Lambert or McNally or God forbid, both.

[/quote]

Unfortunately Big Vince''s summary was wrong from start to finish. Cullum''s business plan was fatally flawed, while Fernandes (a West Ham supporter) had never shown any interest in buying the club and was virtually forced by a fan-inspired cyberspace campaign to have some talks with us, for the Lotus PR look of the thing. Talks which, I am reliably told, left our directors unimpressed with him. As for any others, Bowkett summed up the situation a while back:

"We have approached 52 potential investors around the world - in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Far East, the United States and, of course, the UK We have had some expressions of interest. But every time when I asked the question ‘Could you please verify you have funding?’ no one passed the test. We have searched throughout the world with the toughest advisers, but there is no one out there with real money in their pockets. I like to see the colour of someone’s money before we do any deals and no one has shown us any.”

It''s not about the board giving him funds so he will stay! its about whether Lambert thinks its sufficient enough to do what he wants to do. If it''s not he will move elsewhere.

And there you have it. Another post bites the dust. What starts as something to discuss (if you want to) spirals down into a pile of nonsense. When I come on here looking for some information, or interesting content, I have to trawl through this kind of rubbish. For goodness sake stop taking over these threads with personal insults. Say your piece and move on.

The board will give an amount they think is enough for Lambert to keep Norwich in the prem. So for you people saying mcnally needs to give Lambert funds to keep him here is complete bollox because he cant just hand out 30-40 mill to him.

[quote user="Frankel"]

[/quote]Obvious troll is obvious.

Perhaps I should have said most fans. You know, just to include those of you happy to have a year or two of mid table obscurity before falling back off the cliff face.

Just because you don''t agree Mr C doesn''t make my opinion wrong. We need major investment, the current owners cannot provide or find this. When do we take the gamble Mr C?

[quote user="Frankel"]Perhaps I should have said most fans. You know, just to include those of you happy to have a year or two of mid table obscurity before falling back off the cliff face.

Just because you don''t agree Mr C doesn''t make my opinion wrong. We need major investment, the current owners cannot provide or find this. When do we take the gamble Mr C?[/quote]Do we?Why?Things are looking quite good, aren''t they?

It stands to reason that if you stand still you don''t go anywhere.

We need someone with the ambition and financial clout to push us on to the next level if we''re ever to finish in the top 3 again.