Sign in to follow this  
NWC

England's Number 3 ???

Really? Behind Greeno?

Don''t think so JR, you''re No.#2 - or should be.

would have thought he would be No 3 . only because if they are letting him get married when England are playing surely that says the lot !!!! Hope they dont fuck him up like they did Green when he was at Norwich .

Always felt he came back from England Duties looking bloody awful

what worries me is who the england number 4 is!! Anyone heard of him??? Why not Rudd instead?

Of course Green should be no. 2. He has a lot of experience in international tournaments. Ruddy is only really going for the experience so he can be used later on like Hart in the World Cup. In a year''s time I will bet that Ruddy will be no. 2 with a few games under his belt

Hodgson himself said in the press conference that "Hart is the obvious number one, and Green is the obvious number 2".

I wouldn''t argue with that too much, Green has the experience. If Hart got injured/suspended I''d prefer for Green to be chucked in than Ruddy. As pleased as I am for Ruddy, I''d rather see him get half a friendly or something, a bit of experience that way, and work his way in to the genuine number 2 spot in the next few years, than see him chucked in at the deep end in a major tournament.

I''d disagree with Ruddy himself about the "by default" point. If he had been crap all season then he wouldn''t be there - there are other options, even if they are playing a league below. He still had to perform to a high enough standard, which he has done and fully deserves his place in the squad.

Havt to say, if i was to choose the better goalkeeper out of the two, from their times at city, i would go Greeno, he was fantastic for us. i think he''s/was a better shot stopper than Ruddy, but lacked Ruddy''s presence in the box, he''s not quite as big and i would say Ruddy is better at dealing with crosses.i hope ruddy doesn''t play this tournament, just goes and gains some experience, one mistake for green at the world cup last time round did him no good at all

[quote user="Aggy"]Hodgson himself said in the press conference that "Hart is the obvious number one, and Green is the obvious number 2". I wouldn''t argue with that too much, Green has the experience. If Hart got injured/suspended I''d prefer for Green to be chucked in than Ruddy. As pleased as I am for Ruddy, I''d rather see him get half a friendly or something, a bit of experience that way, and work his way in to the genuine number 2 spot in the next few years, than see him chucked in at the deep end in a major tournament. I''d disagree with Ruddy himself about the "by default" point. If he had been crap all season then he wouldn''t be there - there are other options, even if they are playing a league below. He still had to perform to a high enough standard, which he has done and fully deserves his place in the squad.[/quote]

Hodgson, while saying that Ruddy had been good for us, also said that there wasn''t an abundance of quality in that area, England keepers, etc, then went on to say Hart obvious no.1, Green obvious no.2.  I hadn''t heard the Ruddy comments, but you can see why he might think that.

If Foster & Robinson were still available then Green & Ruddy would''nt even be on the radar.A bit scary if Hart gets injured.