Sign in to follow this  
greendoor

Danny Pacheco at testimonial :)

Pacheco has tweeted that he is looking forward to playing in Drury''s testimonial, if lambert picks him.

Because he was not at the club for long I doubt he would have made a real strong freindship with Ads. So his possible inclution in the squad could mean he is on his way... I for one will be very happy to welcome him back as IMO he has alot of class.

He also tweeted that there was some doubt over Atletico Madrid taking up the option that they have for him from Liverpool, so he might be back training at Liverpool for next season.  Given they will have a new manager, could mean he becomes available quite cheaply - or it could persuade Lambo to take the Liverpool job.

[That last statement was tongue in cheek - really]

Hope Dani has a great time in Norwich next week and puts on a good show.

I saw a tweet from Drury earlier on today saying about this. Perhaps they did get on quite well. I imagine Drury, being ex-captain and having been around for ages, is one of those who takes the new lads under his wing a bit. I wouldn''t mind seeing him here next season though. I know we''ve only seen him in the championship, but I think he showed enough glimpses of quality to suggest he''d shine under Lambert''s management.

What is shocking is that its not sold out yet. Apparently Celtic are bringing 20 buses down for the game. They are gonna show us up. Get a grip city fans and get to the game if you can Adam deserves a decent turn out.

I''m making a 300 mile round trip and taking time off work. But hey I understand that people can''t always get time off or afford it. However when people are begging for league tickets all the time then surely we could get a decent gate to a game a guy has given 11 years service. Plus some great old faces to turn up

It''s not even close to selling out. Looking at online ticketing, the City and Jarrold and will be full but the N&P and Barclay (especially the upper tiers) are currently very empty. Would''ve thought it would be ideal for all those who "needed" and "required" tickets for the likes of Liverpool and Villa to get to a game.

Yep, I''m in the same boat ''drurytestamonials''. I''d love to get to it, but 7.45 kick off on a Tuesday is rather awkward when you''re living in Birmingham, not to mention the cost of getting over there as well. A shame, because Drury has been at the club for more than half my lifetime, which is crazy when I think about it, so would love to show my support, but unfortunately I shan''t be doing so.

BGH - and yeah, that''s another reason why I''d like to get there; the old players and surprise appearances will, I''m sure, make it a night to remember. Massively gutted!

Lansbury is playing as well. It should be a fun night, will be great to see some of these ex-Norwich players back wearing the yellow shirt! Wonder if Lambert will put on his boots....

[quote user="greendoor"]

Pacheco has tweeted that he is looking forward to playing in Drury''s testimonial, if lambert picks him.

Because he was not at the club for long I doubt he would have made a real strong freindship with Ads. So his possible inclution in the squad could mean he is on his way... I for one will be very happy to welcome him back as IMO he has alot of class.

[/quote]He tweeted Drury asking to play.  Drury replied and said okay I''ll see what I can do.  I read these a few days before the Villa game.

[quote user="Aggy"]BGH - and yeah, that''s another reason why I''d like to get there; the old players and surprise appearances will, I''m sure, make it a night to remember. Massively gutted![/quote] gutted for you mate I really am. I believe micky nelson is playing aswell. Not sure on hucks

Both Pacehco and Lansbury are playing apparently.

Michael Nelson may also be involved.

Drury said on twitter today he had asked Lambert if he wanted to play....... Not sure if that was true though! lol

Really thought there would be at least 20k for this. Hopefully there is a late surge next week.

Interesting Pink''un Role Model. Suggests probably nothing in the transfer rumours, but also suggests that Pacheco enjoyed his time here and wouldn''t be adverse to a return if we wanted him.

I would love a stand being given to the Celtic fans as with Shepherds testimonial. 6,000 Celtic Fans... I am going for the atmosphere that these special fans bring.But I am happy to see that three exciting midfielders may well play, two young talented boys that for me offer a great deal to this club and one that certainly would be a general in the park. Come on Lambert

Not sure if this is reliable, but I''ve heard a rumour that Lambert & Lennon will both be bringing their boots for a 10 minute cameo for their respective teams...

It''s gonna be a great night, fingers crossed for a sell out, it''s the least Adam deserves....

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]What is shocking is that its not sold out yet. Apparently Celtic are bringing 20 buses down for the game. They are gonna show us up. Get a grip city fans and get to the game if you can Adam deserves a decent turn out.[/quote]

Yes hes been a loyal servant and deserves a good turnout ( I will be there ) but lots of people go on holiday once the season finishes, lots of people are hard up and can''t afford it and lots of people are anti testimonials as they think footballers get paid enough without another huge payout.

Out of interest what was the attendance at the last testimonial at CR and who was it for, cause I can''t remember?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]What is shocking is that its not sold out yet. Apparently Celtic are bringing 20 buses down for the game. They are gonna show us up. Get a grip city fans and get to the game if you can Adam deserves a decent turn out.[/quote]

Yes hes been a loyal servant and deserves a good turnout ( I will be there ) but lots of people go on holiday once the season finishes, lots of people are hard up and can''t afford it and lots of people are anti testimonials as they think footballers get paid enough without another huge payout.

Out of interest what was the attendance at the last testimonial at CR and who was it for, cause I can''t remember?

[/quote]The last one I went to was Flemings. The night the heavens opened and the match was abandoned! I think it was pretty well attended. The only other one I went to was for Tim Shepperd, the physio, which was against Celtic, who brought A LOT of fans, totally filling the south stand if I remember rightly.

[quote user="morty"]
The last one I went to was Flemings. The night the heavens opened and the match was abandoned! I think it was pretty well attended. The only other one I went to was for Tim Shepperd, the physio, which was against Celtic, who brought A LOT of fans, totally filling the south stand if I remember rightly.
[/quote]

I remember the Fleming one now, it was against Newcastle, found this link which says there were 15,300 at that game

http://www.nufc.com/html/2006-07html/2006-07-26norwich-a.html

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]The last one I went to was Flemings. The night the heavens opened and the match was abandoned! I think it was pretty well attended. The only other one I went to was for Tim Shepperd, the physio, which was against Celtic, who brought A LOT of fans, totally filling the south stand if I remember rightly.[/quote]

I remember the Fleming one now, it was against Newcastle, found this link which says there were 15,300 at that game

[/quote]Blimey, thats a good find! Not a bad crowd really! I think that rain was the heaviest I have ever seen, the streets were ankle deep in water!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
The last one I went to was Flemings. The night the heavens opened and the match was abandoned! I think it was pretty well attended. The only other one I went to was for Tim Shepperd, the physio, which was against Celtic, who brought A LOT of fans, totally filling the south stand if I remember rightly.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey, thats a good find! Not a bad crowd really! I think that rain was the heaviest I have ever seen, the streets were ankle deep in water!
[/quote]

I remember a pre season friendly against a Spanish side when the players had to leave the field because of an absolute torrent of rain and hail.I think it was in Worthingtons tenure.

[quote user="cityangel"]I think that rain was the heaviest I have ever seen, the streets were ankle deep in water![/quote]We were on the 22:00 train back to London, left it as late as we could but the rain didn''t ease so ended up getting absolutely soaked on the way to the station. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey, thats a good find! Not a bad crowd really! I think that rain was the heaviest I have ever seen, the streets were ankle deep in water!
[/quote]

I remember a pre season friendly against a Spanish side when the players had to leave the field because of an absolute torrent of rain and hail.I think it was in Worthingtons tenure.

[/quote]

Was that not last summers one where the floodlights went out and there was a thunderstorm, Tierney entertained the crowd with his gymnastics!