Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Swansea table £2mill bid for Chris Gunter

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Swansea-make-pound-2m-bid-Nottingham-Forest/story-16105603-detail/story.html

Forest fans are claiming that Gunter is worth at least 3-4 mil, and should only be sold at that sort of price.Whether or not the Forest board agree with those figures is a different matter, but at £4 mil, that''s more than I think he''s worth, or that we should pay (assuming we are still interested).

Don''t see anyone paying more than a couple of mill for him, he''s a champ full back, the only full back in the champ worth a good few mill is Clyne. looks like Swansea are seeking revenge for us stealing Bennett from them

Assuming Gunter is one of Lambert''s targets, I wouldn''t presume we have missed out on him just yet. I remember Peterborough saying that R.Bennett was on his sway to Swansea, but as soon as Norwich showed interest there was only one winner. I presume it depends on how much of a key signing Gunter is to Lambert (if at all) and how much we are prepared to stretch our budget on him, leaving less money available for other areas. If we want him, I dont expect him to go without a fight but we also know we don''t pay over the odds for players.

What with Fulham being touted as near to signing Rhodes and now this, some on here will cut their wrist!

To be honest we are never going to get everyone we have been linked with , but I''m sure Lambert will play a big part in Gunters and Rhodes choice if they are in our sights.

Until they have signed for someone else I can''t be asked to worry about it! even then there will be other targets to replace the targets we miss out on!

Let''s be honest we don''t have a bad squad now! Just need a couple key players to improve on what we have!

He is Welsh though so might fancy a move closer to home.I think if Lambert really wants him, he''ll get him

CG could go to Swans but will he be first choice?  Swans defence looked ok last season I am not sure if LB or RB, but whatever will have to dispace Angel Rangel or the bloke who nearly went to Newcastle, whereas  if RB will get starting place at City unless Kyle N is got on loan again next season, rather ther £2m spent on that loan. 

I can''t believe you''ve all missed this: "Forest had offered the winger £10k a week to remain at the City Ground." (talking about Gareth McCleary, who left Forest on a free to go to Reading). If they''re paying their players this sort of money I think we''re way out of the running already.

why not offer 2.5m and if they don''t take it go back to the Spuds and double it with £5m for Naughton...I think we should break the bank with him. He''ll be worth 10+ in a few years.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I can''t believe you''ve all missed this: "Forest had offered the winger £10k a week to remain at the City Ground." (talking about Gareth McCleary, who left Forest on a free to go to Reading). If they''re paying their players this sort of money I think we''re way out of the running already.[/quote]Why? i am sure many of our players are on over 10K a week