Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Lambert's end of season speech

Thanks for posting that, brilliant stuff! Didn''t sound like a bloke with his bags packed did he, seems to properly love it here.

Feel a little better now...

[quote user="Mutley"]Really appreciate the link.

PL was in such good form and didn''t sound like someone who was about to move on.

Like another poster I was disappointed at the amount of blasphemy in his comments.[/quote]You''ve not spent much time with Glaswegions then?

Cheers for posting...brilliant to hear.

Like everyone at NCFC, it''s going to be a very sad day when he does leave us.

The bloke is a living legend at our club, along with Holt. Sometimes you don''t realise what you''ve got until its gone.

I remember Iwan''s last game against Preston, and I can admit, there was a slight tear in my eye that day he left us.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

Cheers for posting...brilliant to hear.

Like everyone at NCFC, it''s going to be a very sad day when he does leave us.

The bloke is a living legend at our club, along with Holt. Sometimes you don''t realise what you''ve got until its gone.

I remember Iwan''s last game against Preston, and I can admit, there was a slight tear in my eye that day he left us.

[/quote]

I was lucky enough to follow Norwich during the ''80s & ''90s where we had many a great Div 1/Premier League season so I do how how great it was to consistently mix it with the top teams and for those that weren''t following Norwich then, this season just ended is what it was like (although the ''92-''94 seasons will really take some beating).

[quote user="Mutley"]Really appreciate the link. PL was in such good form and didn''t sound like someone who was about to move on. Like another poster I was disappointed at the amount of blasphemy in his comments.[/quote]

You obviously weren''t there - near the end of the night he thanked the fans......and our Lord Jesus Christ for giving the team the strength to succeed......

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[/quote]

Could be wrong but sure Iwans last game was away at Crewe

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

Lambert is a genuinely funny man. But I thought there was a real ''end of an era'' sense to quite a lot of his comments at the start of the interview. I think he''s off, personally.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Lambert is a genuinely funny man. But I thought there was a real ''end of an era'' sense to quite a lot of his comments at the start of the interview. I think he''s off, personally.

[/quote]

I couldn''t see what you saw Robert. I saw an ''end of SEASON'' sense, but ''end of an era''? No. One example, what about the comment regarding being interviewed again by Chris Goreham, next season?

Although I enjoyed that very much, I''m very suprised you were allowed to just sit there and record that. Lambert was talkig very loosely, as to be expected when not under a media spotlight. Just thought what was being said was specifically for that room only and maybe this should not have been posted??

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Although I enjoyed that very much, I''m very suprised you were allowed to just sit there and record that. Lambert was talkig very loosely, as to be expected when not under a media spotlight. Just thought what was being said was specifically for that room only and maybe this should not have been posted??

[/quote]

It depends on the context. Here I don''t think there is a problem. Ultimately he made all those (very funny) observations in a public place with a microphone in his hand to a big audience. Compare to the Steve Kean footage that has come out and I think it is totally different. Those comments clearly were meant to be private and he shouldn''t really have been filmed. Even if Kean did just a load of old nonsense.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]

I couldn''t see what you saw Robert. I saw an ''end of SEASON'' sense, but ''end of an era''? No. One example, what about the comment regarding being interviewed again by Chris Goreham, next season?

[/quote]I personally think it''s pretty clear he was taking the p**s out of the speculation and scenario with regards to his "that''s it, finished, never going to have to be interviewed by you again. Isn''t that right?" phrase. Perhaps I''m wrong, but I do feel more confident about him sticking around until next season having heard that bit of banter.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I personally think it''s pretty clear he was taking the p**s out of the speculation and scenario with regards to his "that''s it, finished, never going to have to be interviewed by you again. Isn''t that right?" phrase. Perhaps I''m wrong, but I do feel more confident about him sticking around until next season having heard that bit of banter.[/quote]Abso-bloody-lutely.  To be blunt. Only a complete and utter moron would walk away from the harmony that exists here, to a bear pit at Villa

[quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

It depends on the context. Here I don''t think there is a problem. Ultimately he made all those (very funny) observations in a public place with a microphone in his hand to a big audience. Compare to the Steve Kean footage that has come out and I think it is totally different. Those comments clearly were meant to be private and he shouldn''t really have been filmed. Even if Kean did just a load of old nonsense.

[/quote]

Yeah you''re probally right, however not many people see Lambert like that and I just get the impression he likes it that way.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah you''re probally right, however not many people see Lambert like that and I just get the impression he likes it that way.

[/quote]It''s a positive you see glimpses of him like this.  It''s like when he''s with ''family'' you see his character, and the evening was not like being at work. So you can conclude, he''s happy, having good honest banter and doesn''t look like he''s going to fly the nest (see what I did there?)

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I think you are absolutely right. Its all part of the aura around him. You get the impression the players can have a laugh with him but by the same token he isn''t their "mate" which means he is able to make the crucial and tough decisions without bringing sentiment into it. Its what makes him very special as a manager.