Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Gutted about Whitbread leaving

I honestly thought he was our best defender and could have formed a good partnership with Daniel Ayala. He''s a million times better than Ward and he looked very comfortable on the ball.

If he was released because the club does not want him, it would be a ridiculous decision.

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

I honestly thought he was our best defender and could have formed a good partnership with Daniel Ayala. He''s a million times better than Ward and he looked very comfortable on the ball.

[/quote]

Disagree. I don''t think there were any real signs that there was going to be a good partnership between Ayala and Whitbread. Just a coincidence that we had a decent spell of form when they were both playing which people have taken as meaning they were a good duo.

Think we''ll probably see in time to come that Ayala is happiest playing on the left side of defence - where Zak is also happiest.

He''s also never a "million times" better than Ward but let''s not get into that.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]Good defender but always looked a little bit uncomfortable and vulnerable when in possession IMO.[/quote]Lambert and McNally don''t like whitbread, they say that he smells and is a greedy SOB.