Sign in to follow this  
BW

Lambert staying

promise you he is staying its all some weird media ploy by the club trying to make it more popular with certain journo''s hence the boxing gloves pic with Mcnally. Also Holt and Ruddy is in the squad no need to worry life has just got amazing

Here we go again, it must be the off season.

It''s BW''s time to shine.

Spruiking like he knows what is talking about.

And I am sure your hotline to McNally''s office has been running hot.

Tw@t

Well today is the day, ets see if i do a ryan bennett again to be fair i have come out with some bold words do you really think i would say that if i didn''t know something? Just look at Holts twitter account silent for a day almost i wonder why he is keeping stum? maybe he knows something

[quote user="BW"]promise you he is staying its all some weird media ploy by the club trying to make it more popular with certain journo''s hence the boxing gloves pic with Mcnally. Also Holt and Ruddy is in the squad no need to worry life has just got amazing[/quote]I posted about this when they first published the pic.  I thought straight away, the club wasn''t taking it all seriously.  Lambert & McNally are probably having a right laugh at all these BS stories journos are making up.

And you are right role model far too set up you can almost seethe smirk behind mcnallys face. Like usual the majority of the clowns here fell for it.

As I posted on another thread, that picture is from the season preview magazine nearly two years ago.

I would say at the moment Lambert doesn''t know whether he is staying or going. Villa have obviously not approached anyone yet about a manager and probably won''t make a rushed decision - I''d imagine it is a week or two before it is all sorted (unless they go for someone currently unemployed).

Superb stuff again BW.

You know more than the "clowns" on here based on a two year old photo and somebody not posting anything on twitter for "almost a whole day".

Have you thought about becoming a private detective?

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

have to ask.. any signings incoming BW?, if you cant say their name, just tell us what religion they are yeah :)

[/quote]

No need. I can tell you now that we will be signing some players in the next couple of months, I can''t name them incase it undermines the hard ground work put in by the club. You''ll be surprised who, unless it is leaked before. I also can''t name my sauces, gravy or other informative comdiments.

And yes you are right, that''s not ''bull sh!t'' that''s ''Chicken sh!t''!!!!

Lambert is Going.

Im really sorry to say this & check my previous posts if you like, never before have I had a source or anything. But I do.

Very high up at Sky Sports (also Villa fan) & when I spoke to him in the last hour, he said it had been tied up 2 weeks ago.

I''m not a betting man, but Ive just stuck £100 on.

Still gutted though.

[quote user="Paradox"]

Lambert is Going.

Im really sorry to say this & check my previous posts if you like, never before have I had a source or anything. But I do.

Very high up at Sky Sports (also Villa fan) & when I spoke to him in the last hour, he said it had been tied up 2 weeks ago.

Still gutted though.

[/quote]

The why not announce it the day McLeish was sacked? Why are Norwich still allow someone who is leaving to manage the club? If this had happened Norwich would have removed Lambert and put someone else in charge straight away - there are too many important players with contracts expiring to wait around.

Yeah, I assumed that the negotiations with players staying and those that have been release yesterday were being done by Lambert and this would not be the case if he had tied up the villa job. Would make sense if these meetings and decisions were not being done by Lambert as I and probably others automatically assumed. Any confirmation from twitters etc who is holding the end of season meetings?

I don''t know. I''m sure there are lots of people on this board that know far more than me about how a club is run.

Perhaps part of the agreement is that PL would be allowed to tie up contracts etc, before they announce it.

I honestly don''t know & I hope i lose my £100!

Hmm. Not sure Norwich would want Lambert tying up contracts if they already knew he was about to leave. Surely it would be much better for ever party if the manager moved as soon as possible - they can start rebuilding sooner, we can appoint someone new who can sort the contracts out for the players he wants, not be stuck with players he doesn''t want who have been given bumper contracts by the previous manager shortly before he left.

I know you say you don''t know, but I''m afraid I can''t believe your sources or whatever either. Seems far more rational, given the drip fed bits of evidence and guesswork putting things together, that no deal has yet been done. Whether it will or not is a different matter entirely.

I must say I always laugh at other people ''sources'' so I really can not blame anyone not believing me!

If this was settled two weeks ago, either:
  • Villa approached Lambert without the club''s permission - not impossible, but lays them open to potential sanctions
  • The club did give permission, which will make McNally 1) a liar and 2) making a huge PR mistake, neither of which I think are likely

From the Guardian website, discussing the next Liverpool manager, of which Lambert is mentioned:...He has already been widely linked with the vacancy at Aston Villa but is

not thought to be interested in taking over at the Midlands club.
But adds:...A move to Merseyside may suit him, however.Heres the full article

Looks like i''m right once again. Martinez to Liverpool and Ole Gunnar off to Villa.

NO lets be honest this board was in meltdown for days that Lambert was off.

The helicopter that Lambert hires out hasn''t been used in months meaning he hasn''t gone off for no secret meetings ;)

[quote user="BW"]The helicopter that Lambert hires out hasn''t been used in months meaning he hasn''t gone off for no secret meetings ;)[/quote]

He could be using Grant''s though?

[quote user="Paradox"]

Lambert is Going.

Still gutted though.

[/quote]

I suggest that, in future, you hand your hard-earned to me and I will invest it properly for you (modest fee only