Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Will "being Glaswegian" keep Lambert here

So at the moment it looks like neither Liverpool or Villa have Lambert at the top of their wish lists. Have the American owners of these clubs had enough of dealing with a couple of dour, miserable Glaswegians like Dalglish & McLeish, put them off being interested in potentially having to deal with another one, particularly if they want to change the image of their Clubs.Not that I''m saying Lambert is either dour or miserable but some of his interviews are a bit dull to say the least and therefore it''s not too difficult to imagine that he could easily be tarred with the same brush.

Slightly dangerous territory there, but I get your drift.

Wasn''t Billy Connolly Glaswegian.

Americans do tend to generalise about other nationalities though, and that in it''self is a generalisation. One elderly American lady traveller I was talking to in a Singapore bar once said to me , "You Brits are more intelligent than us Americans." Clearly her travels had not taken her to the UK uptil then (or to Suffolk especially[;)].

Like I said, dangerous.

Liverpool''s next managerial appointment will not likely be just based on ability. They have a massive PR rebuilding to do after Dalglish''s tenure.

I think it is exactly for that reason that will see PL not considered for the post. Long may his press conferences remain repetitive and occasionally difficult to follow!

[quote user="Making Plans"]>Have the American owners of these clubs had enough of dealing with a couple of dour, miserable Glaswegians[/quote]

Hopefully!