Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Drury opinion. Released (next week) or one more year?

Interesting that Lambert has released 2 senior and 3 younger players today. Would have thought if there were more going he would have done it all at the same time. Maybe we can infer that the others are all (mostly) staying next year?

it''s logical to keep adam for one more season. he didn''t let us down in any match he played this year and would be a very reliable backup to tierney next season. the coaching idea is sound, don''t know what, if any, badges he has though.[:D]

[quote user="star_manic"] don''t know what, if any, badges he has though.[:D][/quote]

Tufty Club

Cycling proficiency

20 metres (swimming)

Another year purely as a player, given that he would be either the first-choice left-back or back-up to Tierney? No. He is 34 in August. He made 12 League appearances and was subbed in half of them. His injury record will probably only get worse. The question has to be: is it likely he will be fit and still playing to a Premier League standard at the end of next season, only three months off being 35? Another year as the third choice left-back/potential coach? Fine, if finances allow.

The 25 man squad rule really means sentimentality has to be knocked on the head. Unless Lambert is confident Drury could play most of the season to cover injuries if needed then he shouldn''t be given another year - we really suffered in some games last season by not having a left footed left back, Naughton constantly cutting inside removed all Norwich''s impetus on the left hand side.

Think CB and RB are more pressing matters for spending some good money, so just for that reason i would keep Drury on, he didn''t let the team down when called upon. I seriously hope we see the return of Tierney next season, this groin injury is getting stupid

"With Tierney as our only other LB I don''t see Drury going anywhere."

Very possible that we could get in another LB to replace Drury. Rumours about Aidy White from Leeds surfaced 2 or 3 weeks ago was, but it could equally well be someone else (White''s been offered a new contract, but has not signed it yet).

Would love to see him stay at Norwich for obvious reasons.Not sure how he''d fit into the squad with the 25 limit but Lambert will have his targets with that in mind.Agree Drury would be good to have on the coaching staff given the impact he''s had on Tierney''s game (which he showed at Portsmouth away last season), although we don''t know whether Tieney will feature for us again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I have had a feeling for a while that Celtic will be Drury''s farewell....

time will tell.
[/quote]

I''ve had the same feeling. I think the reason that he hasn''t been released yet is beause of the Celtic game.

I wouldn''t mind if he stayed on for another year. He has played well and if he leaves then that''ll mean it''s another player we need to buy, problem is Marc Tierney''s fitness though.

Davo

I always hoped that Drury would be given a coaching role and develope his skills and bandges with Norwich. He has the right peronality to make a very good manager in the future.

I can''t see Drury given another year, but saying that Tierney injury, Naughton heading back and no cover, might just have another season in the bag.