Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Safri and Helveg - told you so.

I said they should drop Holt and Fleming.

Third goal Flemings fault(ish). Safri was much better than Holt, winning lots of balls and great passing.

Helveg was much better than Eddy too. Great passing and good overlapping down the wing.

When will Worthy learn ?

Crewe, Stoke, Brighton, QPR - maybe we''ll get some goals next year haha.

Got to agree 100%

Helveg comes on and the first thing he contributes is a great ball into the box onto Ashton''s head.

Safri comes on and within minutes delivers a decent through ball to Ashton, then he takes Henry out towards the end for showboating

The third goal today was probably the most soft goal I''ve seen conceded this season, it was 3rd div stuff

didn''t Holt''s pass to Huckerby create our goal?

Personally, whilst I too have found Holt disappointing this season I don''t think Safri is much improvement. Remember, as in the home fixture , that Arsenal had already won the game when Safri comes on and therefore , with Arsenal strolling around killing time, Safri gets more time on the ball. Having said that I think Safri deserves a fair crack in the remaining games to resolve this issue.

As for Helveg I''m not convinced either. In his brief cameo he managed to get beaten defensively a few times himself. Going forward he''s no better than Eddy. Too many people are basing their opinion of Helveg on his pedigree and not on his performances in a yellow shirt.

The real problem is Fleming but again i don''t think Doherty is the answer. If Helveg is going to replace anyone it should be Flem not Eddy although if he can repeat his early season performances it has to be S Charlton in situ.

Finally, a mention for the other sub M Svensson. I know he''s a bit rusty but wasn''t he woeful ?  

Helveg and Safri are miles better than Edworthy and Holt, and whilst neither are the long term solution, hopefully they''ll stick around for next season.

Helveg isn''t the long term answer due to his age.

Safri isn''t the long term answer because he isn''t quick enough to be a Premiership player. There are certain areas of the field where you need pace and athleticism...and you need it in the centre of the park. But he''s adequate I suppose.

Helveg has looked comfortable at right back whenever he''s played there (surprising how he''s played there for most of his career?!), his performance against Liverpool at home was one of the best performances by a Norwich player this season.

As for Holt, I agree, but then I also feel that Safri isn''t the answer.

Possibly have a back 4 of, Helveg, Charlton, Shackell, Drury???