Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Testimonial

not enough by the looks of the online ticket booking system celtic could have more fans than us there and i know for a fact they asked for 10,000 tickets. so come on all you yellows fans lets get behind drury and make it a sell out even dani and henri are coming back to play along with a few others

Wouldn''t miss it. The man is an absolute legend and he deserves a sell out. From what I''m hearing it''ll be a night to remember!

C''mon Yellow Army, if you can get here and can afford it you have no excuse!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I''m going with mates. Shocking its not a sellout[/quote]Are you really shocked, its a tuesday evening game. I would however expect a few more tickets to be sold. Gutted can''t make it, next Tuesday is a week too early for me. What are the tickets priced at anyway and what is Drury doing with the proceeds?anyone else see that Gary Neville is building a hotel at trafford with the proceeds from his. I thought they all got money raised was supposed to go to charity, not the players pocket?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]20 buses of Celtic fans coming down from Glasgow. Gonna make us look silly.[/quote]

They were given just over 4,000 tickets and there are none available on the Celtic website but it does say that NCFC have advised that tickets will be available on the night.

Got my three tickets last week - not fortunate enough to have a season ticket, so grabbed this opportunity - surprised about the slow takeup though - perhaps we need Lambert to come out and say he''s staying?

[quote user="Harry"]Who on here is going to the match?[/quote]

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I''m going with mates. Shocking its not a sellout[/quote]Are you really shocked, its a tuesday evening game. I would however expect a few more tickets to be sold. Gutted can''t make it, next Tuesday is a week too early for me. What are the tickets priced at anyway and what is Drury doing with the proceeds?anyone else see that Gary Neville is building a hotel at trafford with the proceeds from his. I thought they all got money raised was supposed to go to charity, not the players pocket?[/quote] yes I am.shocked. the guy has been top class in his 11 years service. Recently loads of fans were asking for tickets for the liverpool games now I know its not a competitive league game but those that don''t normally get to carrow rd much because of supply and demand could make an effort for this one

I think the fact that most people know you will be able to pick up a ticket last minute, or just rock up there and pay on the gate, means most probably haven''t bought tickets yet.I predict 18,000.

I will be there but I don''t really understand the ''shock/horror'' that it''s not a sell out.

We usually support testimonials pretty well but, correct me if I''m wrong, we''ve never achieved a sell out. Can''t remember if Martin Peters was a sell out though.

Got 6 tickets weeks ago - good chance to take the family as I couldn''t get them a Prem ticket for love or money!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I''m going with mates. Shocking its not a sellout[/quote]

I''m not shocked. Testimonials hardly come with a warning for the faint hearted!

I went to the Fleming testimonial out of respect for the player more than any slight interest for the game.

Would still have gone to the Celtic game but have a 2 night holiday booked in Prague. Oh well.

[quote user="morty"]I think the fact that most people know you will be able to pick up a ticket last minute, or just rock up there and pay on the gate, means most probably haven''t bought tickets yet.

I predict 18,000.
[/quote]

If he gets anything over 15000 surely that will be a good result for a testimonial, players are pushing it on twitter daily so its been well advertised.

Someone on wotb has just posted that Drury has signed another 12 month contract, hope thats true.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]I think the fact that most people know you will be able to pick up a ticket last minute, or just rock up there and pay on the gate, means most probably haven''t bought tickets yet.I predict 18,000.[/quote]

If he gets anything over 15000 surely that will be a good result for a testimonial, players are pushing it on twitter daily so its been well advertised.

Someone on wotb has just posted that Drury has signed another 12 month contract, hope thats true.

[/quote]Yeah I hope so too, his performances this season certainly warrant another year.

Ooh and just had a thought to myself, I wouldn''t bet against Huckerby putting his boots on for this.Thats worth the entrance fee on its own!

If we can''t get more than 15,000 (including a reported 4000 from Celtic) for a loyal servant of the club when tickets are £15 - do you think we''d really beable to fill a 35,000 stadium

Definately want to go but as an agoraphobe who hasn''t been for 10+ years, and never on my own, I''d be surprised if I can remember where Carrow Road is, let alone where to get in!If there are tickets available to get on the night then I''ll be there.

[quote user="morty"] I wouldn''t bet against Huckerby putting his boots on for this.

Thats worth the entrance fee on its own!
[/quote]

I was wondering why CA was all over this thread like measles [:D]

I bought a kids ticket today as a token of my appreciation of Drury''s service over the years but won''t be going to the game. I don''t want to join the love in with those of the hooped persuasion thanks!

Bryan Gunns testimonial against ManU in 96 or 97 was a 21,000+ sell out!

I''d expect more than 15,000 to be at the game!

You can''t really judge the merits of increasing the capacity of the ground on what is a no more than a friendly!

There''ll be plenty of ''porridge guzzlers'' there as it will be a great chance for those of them living in the south to see their team.Unfortunately it is a sad reflection of how some now see football that there''s this obsesssion that you have to buy a ticket well before ANY game. It is a testimonial, it will be fairly easy to pay on the night without a mass panic before hand.Hopefully there will be a fw ''surprises'' in both teams. PL could turn out for a ''cameo'' appearance as could Malky and Peter Grant who played for both clubs and played with Drury.I would suggest that if Drury had McNally guiding him, he would have struck a deal with the local pubs to receive a small percentage of their takings on the day/night. Would set him up for life.

Do these Fenians smell as bad as some people around here? If so then perhaps that is why we are struggling to sell tickets!