Sign in to follow this  
A pompey yellowandgreen

shackell

Shackell must be on the bench for westham game. Cos we are gonna need cover at back they have pace. Soon we are gonna need him and he aint gonna be there. Why no defenders on the bench it must be more important to have one there when at home games.

Although I see your point, I think leave it to NW to make the right decisions, he''s doing a good job of managing his squad.

I agree Mook. I wouldn''t mind seeing Shackell on the bench but Nige hasn''t let us down so far! He watches the players from day-to-day and he knows Shackell''s capabilities. Incidently, absolutley no disrespect to pompey yellowandgreen but I''m getting a bit tired of towards the end of every week someone calling for Shackell to get on the bench. We must go over the same ground every Thursday/Friday!

I must be one of those people you are getting tired of towards the end of the week because I believe Shackell should be on the bench now. This is the period where we are going to come up against some of the best attackers in the first division and I really do think there should be a defender on the bench. Hopefully nothing will happen to Malky and Flem but if it does then it makes sense to have a natural replacement. Yes we can move Brennan or Holt into defence but they are doing a bloody good job in midfield and scoring, so why disrupt the balance of the team when you could have a natural centre half replacement should the need arise.

Apologies to all my fellow posters on this board, especially DumbleDelia, but I will still keep campaigning for the introduction of Shackell because I genuinely believe he would enhance an already solid back four.

You should also be aware that I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I would put Henderson in before Rivers and I don''t think there is a place in the team for Easton. I know you are not happy with the same ground coming up too often, but you do have the option to not read the messages with Shackell in the subject.

Do agree that worthy knows what he is doing. I was not worried that he was not on the bench last saturday. Its just the fact that West ham do have some pacey forwards and we are at home. Worth has done a fantastic job and i know he will make the best choice.
OTBC.

Thing is Silver Fox, we all think Shackell will do a good job. We all agree that Easton isn''t good enough for a starting place (although we disagree on whether he should be shot at dawn or not) and the same applies to Rivers.

It''s just that the starting eleven and the subs haven''t done much wrong, and if that happens you can''t go dropping people just to make way for a future talent. I know Shackell did well against Earnshaw, but Cardiff were NOT playing the ball well that day. West ham play a better passing game, and Shackell could get caught out by this - Malks has seen it all, and done most of it too so I think he''ll be just fine against their fowards. If not, then he''ll kick them all over Carrow Road - either way, if it works I''ll be happy!