Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If Holt doesnt want to be here....

He can f*** off in my opinion.We''ve all idolised him for 3 years and Norwich City took him (and we took Lambert as well!) from nothingness.The club is ALWAYS bigger than the player.Thanks for the 3 years Holty but if you dont want to be here... there''s no point keeping you.If you can find a club where you''ll be idolised and worshipped as much as as you have been at Norwich City then fine..I suspect you wont though... still as  long as you make a bit of money eh?!

Holt probably doesn''t want to leave the club. After a fantastic season in the Premier League he has probably asked for a better contract with a significant bump up in his wages. The club may have disagreed or not offered a deal that Holt or his agent are happy with. The transfer request could just be Holt trying to force the issue, nothing more. It''s a very risky strategy as the club might sell him. Lambert doesn''t like people who go against the feeling of togetherness he has in his squad, and might get rid of Holt because of it. 

Well said Morty.Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it, thats perfectly fine by me.We have done lots for him, but he has more than paid us back. We would not be in the Premiership without him. That''s my opinion, but i don''t think there is a more elusive leader than him for us. Certainly not in the past 3 years. Especially not when we got relegated to League One.He is and always will be a legend. He has earnt that status. If an Everton, Spurs or whoever will offer him double wages and a good signing fee, then i wish him the best of luck and thank him for doing so much in the past 3 seasons.If he does stay, i welcome him with open arms.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well said Morty.Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it, thats perfectly fine by me.We have done lots for him, but he has more than paid us back. We would not be in the Premiership without him. That''s my opinion, but i don''t think there is a more elusive leader than him for us. Certainly not in the past 3 years. Especially not when we got relegated to League One.He is and always will be a legend. He has earnt that status. If an Everton, Spurs or whoever will offer him double wages and a good signing fee, then i wish him the best of luck and thank him for doing so much in the past 3 seasons.If he does stay, i welcome him with open arms.[/quote]This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the situation.The knee jerk reactions here today have been frankly embarrassing.

[quote user="morty"]

The knee jerk reactions here today have been frankly embarrassing.

[/quote]

There have been some stupid comments, but it''s only because people love the bloke so damn much and are so upset at the prospect of losing him. I think most of us expected him to see his contract out and disappear off to play a last season for Carlisle with a big farewell and a Thierry Henry style statue outside The Barclay. Not like this.

"Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing

on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it,

thats perfectly fine by me."Unfortunately that misses the very point, that by putting in a transfer request he losses his share of any transfer fee. So why not get a deal sorted out then sit back, play the innocent and trouser a nice packet. this way he pretty much looses out all round.Maintain this has been ''forced'' on him, by the way the squad will be changing. If there were not the certainty of there being a new striker or two why release Wilbraham so soon ?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

There have been some stupid comments, but it''s only because people love the bloke so damn much and are so upset at the prospect of losing him. I think most of us expected him to see his contract out and disappear off to play a last season for Carlisle with a big farewell and a Thierry Henry style statue outside The Barclay. Not like this.

[/quote]The fact is that nobody knows anything. I mean do we even know SSN''s source?20 to 25 threads, a majority of them rubbishing a player who has more than earned his signing fee.I agree its out of left field, but I''ll wait for the facts before I start saying my goodbyes.

I really cannot see Holt wanting to go. His family seem settled in the area and I think from his comments and body language both on and off the pitch you can see how much he loves it here. People have suggested the fact that because he was a tyre fitter not so long ago could hint at him wanting to make the most of any opportunity for one last big pay day. However at the same time he should also realise how lucky he is, if he is on the reported 14,000 a week that some have suggested, then that is what some people have to live off a year, I am sure he was on close to that before he came professional in football.

Force him to stay, simple solution. Still has 2/3 years on his contract, no major concern i don''t think, he wont want to ruin his legend status further by refusing to play next season

[quote user="priceyrice"]Force him to stay, simple solution. Still has 2/3 years on his contract, no major concern i don''t think, he wont want to ruin his legend status further by refusing to play next season[/quote]When does his contract run till anyway?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The fact is that nobody knows anything. I mean do we even know SSN''s source?

20 to 25 threads, a majority of them rubbishing a player who has more than earned his signing fee.

I agree its out of left field, but I''ll wait for the facts before I start saying my goodbyes.
[/quote]

Butler confirmed it''s true on Radio Norfolk, came from the Press Association.

I think it''s the fact that someone who is, for want of a better term, worshipped, and still wants to leave that''s upset people. Upset people lash out, he should take it as a back handed compliment. The Lambert paranoia probably hasn''t helped either, people are on edge.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]The fact is that nobody knows anything. I mean do we even know SSN''s source?20 to 25 threads, a majority of them rubbishing a player who has more than earned his signing fee.I agree its out of left field, but I''ll wait for the facts before I start saying my goodbyes.[/quote]

Butler confirmed it''s true on Radio Norfolk, came from the Press Association.

I think it''s the fact that someone who is, for want of a better term, worshipped, and still wants to leave that''s upset people. Upset people lash out, he should take it as a back handed compliment. The Lambert paranoia probably hasn''t helped either, people are on edge.

[/quote]Oh aye, I get why folks are upset. But theres not a lot of meat on the bones, is there? Club saying nothing, Holt keeping quiet too.But if the worst happens, he has two years left on his contract, he''s 31 years old, if someone offers us 4 million plus I''d rip their hand off, legend or not.

I''m interested to know who''s released the news through PA.This only becomes public because someone wants it to. That means it''s either the agent, to try and drum up interest, or the club trying to use the supporters to help them manipulate the Holt (look what it''s done to his reputation with many already).It''s got to be all down to money. Holt probably wants (and deserves) more, the club won''t pay. If there was any other good reason, (family etc) I think it would probably be accepted.I''ll be gutted if he leaves. I expect the club to fight to keep him. He''s been our top performer for three years, and if he feels it''s time to move on, he''ll remain always be a legend here.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Well said Morty.

Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it, thats perfectly fine by me.

We have done lots for him, but he has more than paid us back. We would not be in the Premiership without him. That''s my opinion, but i don''t think there is a more elusive leader than him for us. Certainly not in the past 3 years. Especially not when we got relegated to League One.

He is and always will be a legend. He has earnt that status. If an Everton, Spurs or whoever will offer him double wages and a good signing fee, then i wish him the best of luck and thank him for doing so much in the past 3 seasons.

If he does stay, i welcome him with open arms.
[/quote]

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the situation.

[/quote]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Well said Morty.

Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it, thats perfectly fine by me.

We have done lots for him, but he has more than paid us back. We would not be in the Premiership without him. That''s my opinion, but i don''t think there is a more elusive leader than him for us. Certainly not in the past 3 years. Especially not when we got relegated to League One.

He is and always will be a legend. He has earnt that status. If an Everton, Spurs or whoever will offer him double wages and a good signing fee, then i wish him the best of luck and thank him for doing so much in the past 3 seasons.

If he does stay, i welcome him with open arms.
[/quote]

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the situation.

[/quote]

I agree with all this and have posted similiar elsewhere.  He also destroyed the Scum at Carrow Road.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Well said Morty.Either way, if he does want to leave on more money, that elusive signing on fee to set up him, his family, his two kids, and we can''t match it, thats perfectly fine by me.We have done lots for him, but he has more than paid us back. We would not be in the Premiership without him. That''s my opinion, but i don''t think there is a more elusive leader than him for us. Certainly not in the past 3 years. Especially not when we got relegated to League One.He is and always will be a legend. He has earnt that status. If an Everton, Spurs or whoever will offer him double wages and a good signing fee, then i wish him the best of luck and thank him for doing so much in the past 3 seasons.If he does stay, i welcome him with open arms.[/quote]This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the situation.The knee jerk reactions here today have been frankly embarrassing.[/quote]

I agree with all this and have posted similiar elsewhere.  He also destroyed the Scum at Carrow Road.

[/quote]Exactly! There are some here with very short memories indeed.

Much the same with those that only have hate towards Bryan Gunn totally ignoring the rest of his involvement with the club over so many yearsI can only hope that never more than one of these so called City fans ever sit on a jury at one time