Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

If Holt stays,strip him of the captaincy

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

If the reports are true of course, and I''m pretty sure he won''t win Player of the Season 4 times in a row.

[/quote]Compeletly agree with this. Some who doesn''t want to be at a club can''t be captain.I''d pick Ruddy as captain now.

How about we wait and see what has actually happened?How about he asked the club for a definite promise that Lambert was staying, he didn''t get it, and did this as protest?Would that makes things different?

Or, what if Holt''s agent is just stirring the pot, trying to get a better wage for him this upcoming season? Holt might have no intention of leaving at all. Lets not strip anyone of anything just yet.

Agreed Morty. We should wait and see what prompted the request before reacting. He''s only recently moved his family down here, maybe it''s something to do with that.

Whatever the reason I''m utterly shocked, did not see this coming.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Or, what if Holt''s agent is just stirring the pot, trying to get a better wage for him this upcoming season? Holt might have no intention of leaving at all. Lets not strip anyone of anything just yet.[/quote]

If this is the case who''s up for finding his agent and stripping the flesh from his bones!, as if canary fans need any more to worry about at the moment..sigh.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Agreed Morty. We should wait and see what prompted the request before reacting. He''s only recently moved his family down here, maybe it''s something to do with that.

[/quote]No can''t say I saw this coming either lol.

Isn''t this thread all about jumping the gun?

Let''s wait until the facts clarify before such thinking.

If he really wants to go  we''ll have to let him (for a fee) so the captaincy issue is irrelevant in any case.

Of corse its true but we dont want unhappy playes in the club go and make a fool of yourself Holty like most of the others who leave our club.Prob he knows somethings about to break .We will do fine with what we have got plus other good signings in the pipe line.

This could be many things

1) he is after more money (but this is the completely wrong way to go about it)

2) he thinks moving will get hm into england (think he didn''t get picked more cos of his age rather than team)

3) he''s had his head turned by another team.

But at the end of the day if he is under contract to us

Then we should force I''m to stay take away the captaincy and see how he reacts. But IMO if he does stay the relationship between him and the fans will never be the same.

Perhaps we should just calm down and not crucify him just yet.  Perhaps he''s trying to renegotiate an improved contract and the Board aren''t playing ball, or maybe he''s had a once in a lifetime opportunity from a top 5/6 club and the club have turned down the offer.  In either case, I wont hold it against him.

The guy is a legend and something major must have occured for him to hand in a transfer request.

The interesting thing is the timing it lacks total disrepect to the fans who voted him player of the year a coupl of days ago and to drury whos testimonial is in a couple of days also leaving drury alone to be bombarded with questions on radio norfolk tonight that he wont have answers too its just a total lack of respect from someone who said they were really happy a few days ago if this is nothing more than greed and nothing to do with lambert etc he wants to remeber what club made him and this club can brake him especially by sticking him in the reserves for next season so by the time he his free to leave he will be 32 and no prem team will want him 

[quote user="Canary101"]The interesting thing is the timing it lacks total disrepect to the fans who voted him player of the year a coupl of days ago and to drury whos testimonial is in a couple of days also leaving drury alone to be bombarded with questions on radio norfolk tonight that he wont have answers too its just a total lack of respect from someone who said they were really happy a few days ago if this is nothing more than greed and nothing to do with lambert etc he wants to remeber what club made him and this club can brake him especially by sticking him in the reserves for next season so by the time he his free to leave he will be 32 and no prem team will want him [/quote]

Please. That last sentiment is not on. He has done so much for this club and if he has one last chance to better himself then I will not begrudge him it.

We need to await the absolute facts before releasing such venom, if at all.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]No can''t say I saw this coming either lol.[/quote]

I''m surprised the BW character never saw it coming [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]No can''t say I saw this coming either lol.[/quote]

I''m surprised the BW character never saw it coming [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img][/quote]Good call, he claims to have an inside line on all the goss.[Y]

if it is down too just bettering himself it could have been done in more respectful way towards everyone involved particulary as i stated above to everyone involved not just hand in a transfer request after stating how much you love it here

FFS.

Nobody knows what has happened yet so just calm the fuck down and put the nails away[:@]

[quote user="Smokebomb"]He deserves better than all the crap thats kicking off on here. [/quote]Its times like this that I realise just how close to actual brain death some posters on here are.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smokebomb"]He deserves better than all the crap thats kicking off on here. [/quote]Its times like this that I realise just how close to actual brain death some posters on here are.[/quote]

All part of the joys of supporting NCFC MortyIt was ever thus.Years ago they used to say Ipswich play the football Norwich make the news. Its Still true, apart from the Ipswich bit.

it was not too long ago he was on the radio saying that he was a happy man, his kids were happy at school and he is happy..............sounds like a reaction to  something thats happened ... flight, lambert only holt knows.

So let me get this straight, star player may or may not have handed in a transfer request (no official source confirming this), if he did hand in a transfer request we have no knowledge as to why he handed in that transfer request. So even though we know nothing of the situation we should insult Holt''s character and demand punishment for a situation we know nothing about.
Logical? 

[quote user="Herman "]

FFS.

Nobody knows what has happened yet so just calm the fuck down and put the nails away[:@]

[/quote]Unbelievable isn''t it? Hero to zero before any facts are known about it.Welcome to the microscopic minds of Norwich supporters Grant.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="Herman "]

FFS.

[/quote]

Unbelievable isn''t it? Hero to zero before any facts are known about it.

Welcome to the microscopic minds of Norwich supporters Grant.
[/quote]

Didn''t think it would take the binners long to start point scoring....

All those of you who are turning on Holty obviously did the same when it was Iwan. Right?

IFLGH[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smokebomb"]He deserves better than all the crap thats kicking off on here. [/quote]Its times like this that I realise just how close to actual brain death some posters on here are.[/quote]

All part of the joys of supporting NCFC MortyIt was ever thus.Years ago they used to say Ipswich play the football Norwich make the news. Its Still true, apart from the Ipswich bit.[/quote]Ha! Wise words!I don''t think I have ever seen a knee jerk reaction as bad as this though. Fickle doesn''t even begin to cover this!

And furthermore, if you have an idea for a thread, and its hilarious in your head, perhaps run it by a grown up, just in case you''re really not as funny as you think you are.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"].

[/quote]

Par for the course from our dear friend to insult Norwch fans.[:@]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"].

[/quote]

Par for the course from our dear friend to insult Norwch * fans.[:@]

[/quote]

*Norwich [:$]