Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

David McNally ignoring the situation ?

David McNally has tweeted . . .although it had nothing to do with the Holt situation. Something going on behind the scenes at the club still ? My guess is McNally, Holt and Lambert are probably all at the club trying  to sort this whole mess out.

Let''s hope it does get sorted. And soon

or he could be signing holts replacement....Lets look to the future.... Holty doesn''t want to be here... Hucks never did this as a Norwich player and showed blind loyalty to us.... i bet he''d have turned out in league 1 for us.

He tweeted about how people should by tickets for Drury''s testimonial, to show our appreciation for his loyalty. Interesting timing.

[quote user="alysha"]He tweeted about how people should by tickets for Drury''s testimonial, to show our appreciation for his loyalty. Interesting timing.[/quote]

Bingo.

Indeed.Something of the official site would be in order, calm the hysteria a bit.

[quote user="alysha"]He tweeted about how people should by tickets for Drury''s testimonial, to show our appreciation for his loyalty. Interesting timing.[/quote]Ah so McNally is taking snide shots at Holt, very interesting. Even if Holt leaves I''m still confident of Lambert staying.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="alysha"]He tweeted about how people should by tickets for Drury''s testimonial, to show our appreciation for his loyalty. Interesting timing.[/quote]

Bingo.

[/quote]Would he do it to sell more tickets for his mate? Surely not...

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]He''s been with Bowkett at the cricket today. The plot thickens...[/quote]Was just about to say I spotted him on Sky''s cricket coverage this morning on a crowd close-up after a Strauss boundary! Had to wind it back to check I wasn''t seeing things! He was on the phone looking rather serious. Didn''t see Bowkett though.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]He''s been with Bowkett at the cricket today. The plot thickens...[/quote]I hope nothing dreadful happened at the cricket unlike the tragic occurence when my dear friend, Detective Inspector Barnaby, went to watch at Fletcher''s Cross.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]

I hope nothing dreadful happened at the cricket unlike the tragic occurence when my dear friend, Detective Inspector Barnaby, went to watch at Fletcher''s Cross.
[/quote]

He isn''t Cluckson''s son in law by any chance is he ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]I hope nothing dreadful happened at the cricket unlike the tragic occurence when my dear friend, Detective Inspector Barnaby, went to watch at Fletcher''s Cross.[/quote]

He isn''t Cluckson''s son in law by any chance is he ?

[/quote]Not unless Caroline Graham created him

McNally is a sharp as a razor - very quick to get Lambert here. No way he is ignoring things, bet he working hard to sort things out. Although I think he will have a long term view for the Club- who ever is in it. He will have a plan for all eventuality I''m sure. I think Holt''s decision will be based on facts we do not know YET. Thing is, unlike Huckerby, he has not made lots of money yet. This could be his last chance to provide for his new families future. I want him to stay. NCFC legend forever for me- whatever. If he does want to go I would wish him well.

if Mcnally and bowkett were in london who did holt hand in his transfer request too Lambert? if so i bet that went down like a lead baloon

If it''s contractual (ie; Holt saying he wants more money which we weren''t willing to offer), then I expect any statement from the club will offer little enlightenment on the situation, as they won''t want to be seen as pushing Holt out. If it''s that Holt wants to move because of, for example, wanting to move back up north, then it won''t harm the club at all to come out and say so. The club refusing to comment earlier, whilst obviously this is only wild speculation on my part, would probably suggest that it''s about Holt wanting more money than we are willing to give him. We may have rejected the transfer request, but I dare say there''ll be a few more discussions over the next day or two before we hear anything other overly substantial.

Very astute Alysha, saw his tweet, but not in that context. Makes me think more that it''s posturing on Holt''s part for bigger contract

No ones saying anything as it is a contract dispute. McNally doesn''t want to say something he would regret, neither does Holt. If they ignore the situation when the dispute is eventually resolved they can pretend nothing happened.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]or he could be signing holts replacement....

Lets look to the future.... Holty doesn''t want to be here... Hucks never did this as a Norwich player and showed blind loyalty to us.... i bet he''d have turned out in league 1 for us.
[/quote]

get real Hucks (a legend) had earnt a fortune over the years in transger fees and wages at top clubs..there is no comparison

I never get the notion of loyalty in football. Let''s look at it this way. If GH was on 15k a week on say a 4yr contract, and we got promoted to the Prem yet he wasn''t up to it. Would Norwich be ''loyal'' and keep him in the reserves for 4 years on that money because of the goals he scored the two years before? Were we ''loyal'' to Iwan Roberts and Malky Mackay when they helped get us promoted from the Championship last time around? I''m gutted to see this news today, but maybe he''s come this far and wants to see how high he can play in his last couple of years? Maybe he feels he''s got one shot at playing for England and maybe his chances are enhanced if he''s playing at a ''bigger'' club. Who knows.

"I assume someone somewhere is working on an official statement of some kind?"It''s already been released -Grant Holt put in a transfer request, the club have refused it.

[quote user="All in Yellow"]I never get the notion of loyalty in football. Let''s look at it this way. If GH was on 15k a week on say a 4yr contract, and we got promoted to the Prem yet he wasn''t up to it. Would Norwich be ''loyal'' and keep him in the reserves for 4 years on that money because of the goals he scored the two years before? Were we ''loyal'' to Iwan Roberts and Malky Mackay when they helped get us promoted from the Championship last time around? I''m gutted to see this news today, but maybe he''s come this far and wants to see how high he can play in his last couple of years? Maybe he feels he''s got one shot at playing for England and maybe his chances are enhanced if he''s playing at a ''bigger'' club. Who knows.[/quote]

But, who or where ever Holt plays for he won''t play for Hodgson''s England, His remarks towards Holt were not very flattering at the slightest. so I actually think Everton made him an offer. 

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]He''s been with Bowkett at the cricket today. The plot thickens...[/quote]

Was just about to say I spotted him on Sky''s cricket coverage this morning on a crowd close-up after a Strauss boundary! Had to wind it back to check I wasn''t seeing things! He was on the phone looking rather serious. Didn''t see Bowkett though.
[/quote]

Yep just saw that on the Channel 5 highlights - think this is why no offical club response yet and suspect the initial response is a similar to other shors from the hip from McNally.

[quote user="City1st"]"I assume someone somewhere is working on an official statement of some kind?"

It''s already been released -

Grant Holt put in a transfer request, the club have refused it.

[/quote]

In fairness City 1st the originator of all this is Sky Sports News and a few other media outlets Pink Un included have jumped on board.

Nothing on the official site,nothing from McNally,nothing from Lambert,nothing from Holt or his agent,nothing from the media office and please remember Sky Sports have history with us over both JFH becoming our manager and Lambert was off to Burnley.

Personally i think until one of those connected with the Club or Holt himself breaks cover let''s just all calm down and chill.

Norwich Fan Simon Thomas the SSN Presenter is saying ''I can confirm it''s not an offer from another club''. Sounds like he is pretty certain about that. But on the other hand, even if he''s mates with Holty, he probably wouldn''t be in the loop if he is being tapped up.

Good comment about England, but we don''t know how Holt himself sees it I guess.

It was the Press Association running it that gave it a bit of credence, rather than Sky who simply churn out any old shite to attract visits to their siteThe point of my response was much on the lines that if it were true then the clubs suggested response was that, an official responseThey have no need or requirement to outline any further on the matter

McNally now responding to individual tweets but all seem to be along the same lines - "yes I know but please buy a ticket for Tuesday night - there''s plenty left."

It couldn''t be a wacky way of selling more tickets could it?  Mmmmm....