Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Paul McVeigh - A defence

Paul Mcveigh dropped again from the bench on saturday. I feel this is very sad and the fact in may leave in the summer even sadder.

For me anyway he played a massive role in turning the club''s around in Worthington first season, basically took us to Cardiff then next season scored a credible 14 or so goals, good when he played wide and was a marked man because opposition manager had twigged that all the goals we scored were either scored by him or setup by him!

Then Huckerby arrived and all of a sudden and he''s never been the same, it''s a real shame that Worthington hasn''t been able to play both in the same team effectively. As for this season i can''t believe he has been given a run in the team considering MacKenzie, Jonson, Bentley, Brennan and even now Stuart (the man who makes Mulryne look like an Olympic althete) have all been ineffective.

I say stick Hucks up front with Ashton and stick the little fella on the left. 

Sorry no defence from me!lazy little *** who when he has played has strolled about a la mulryne ,not enough commitment ....time to go to pastures new.

Agree with nolegs on this one. McVeigh has never threatened to be good enough for us in the Premiership - a bit tubby, a bit skilful, a bit lazy...... just too much of a temperamental luxury player for me. I think it would benefit both club and player if Mr McVeigh were to search for pastures new.

"Paul McVeigh in defence" would be a more apt post. After all he''s better than Fleming, Edworthy, ANother and Drury (on current form) put together.

I agree with the initial post. Paul is a great player, sparked the turn around in our club''s fortunes (on the pitch) and is too talented for Worthington to risk, just in case he does something creative that we don''t all expect.

We are a predictable, one dimensional team, and cannot do the basics well like pass and move. We are crying out for a small, Northern Irish maverick to get on the ball and make something happen. And since we''ve played Mullers already this season, it can''t be him I''m talking about.

Bye Paul (probably).

You''ll be missed, by me for sure.