Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Official Statement.

Curious as to why there''s not been an official statement from the Club about the Holt situation? Even if it''s just to say there has been an official transfer request from his party.

Even a statement from Lambert about what''s going on. It seems as though our Club is constantly surrounded by rumour and gossip regarding players/managers.

Clubs seem to dislike rumour and hear''say via social media and message boards yet never do anything to quash it. Just to stop the mad frenzy like that of this afternoon.

I presume they are just working hard in the background to try and resolve the situation, however that may be, and will release a statement once they know the plan of action.

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"]Curious as to why there''s not been an official statement from the Club about the Holt situation? Even if it''s just to say there has been an official transfer request from his party.

Even a statement from Lambert about what''s going on. It seems as though our Club is constantly surrounded by rumour and gossip regarding players/managers.

Clubs seem to dislike rumour and hear''say via social media and message boards yet never do anything to quash it. Just to stop the mad frenzy like that of this afternoon.[/quote]Welcome to the 2nd season in the EPL

"It seems as though our Club is constantly surrounded by rumour and gossip regarding players/managers."And where might that begin ?

I understand rumours are started by the media and fans which can, like today, spiral out of control. But when it concerns a Clubs talisman just some conformation would be nice!

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Official Statement

So you mean No Official Statement

Why is this message board Infested with attention seeking k n o b heads[/quote]Topic names are like paper headlines YG, you gotta draw the pinkun reader in!Got to say it caught me out, i was really hoping for some sort of statement, the club is taking its time

Chill YG, it was only pointing out the topic I was referring to! Official Statements in general. Sorry if I eluded you otherwise!

The press view - so it must be true - Holt to stay!!!

Charlie Wyett@CharlieWyett

Bit strange about Grant Holt transfer request - but I''m pretty sure he will be playing for Norwich at start of next season

I''ve done a bit of media and PR work myself and there is always a decision to be made in these situations. If you make an official statement on something you often only succeed in ''giving a story legs'' as the expression goes. For example if Norwich put out a statement confirming they''ve received a transfer request from Holt then tomorrow morning''s headline is "Canaries confirm Holt transfer request". The first paragraph of the story is the new thing that''s happened and the rest of the story is just a rehash of what happened today and so the thing goes on. Sometimes it''s better to say nothing and let the thing die down.