Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

GRANT HOLT?!?!?!? WTF?!??!!

If it is true, and I hope its not, before all the hysteria hits, can I just say,Its not the end of the world, or Norwich City as we know it.

It''s not much fun at the minute being a Norwich fan.

It''s just weird he''d do it now, thought he was good mates with Drury to be honest, didn''t think he''d do this before testimonial game.

[quote user="NWC"]If it is true, and I hope its not, before all the hysteria hits, can I just say,Its not the end of the world, or Norwich City as we know it.[/quote]

Too late - hysteria has landed - pink un message board in meltdown!!!

It must be a big club thats come in for him (Newcastle/Tottenham maybe?) and if so he isn''t getting any younger so it is understandable. It does worry me a little as he''s been such a talisman for us.

Of course it could be his leave/ holiday application and he just got the wrong form.

Somebody official at NCFC needs to come out and speak to the fans we now need some reassurance!!!

i am going for a beer ....

Have looked online but can''t find any more details and havn''t got sky news...can anyone expand on this?! Really didn''t see that one coming! It can only be one of two things if it''s true, either a big club have put an offer in or he know''s Lamberts leaving. Either way the club will go on - come on you yellows!!

..but all the Liverpoo fans are getting moist....

My money is on Spurs having turned his head - Flash ''arry is bound to covet him.

I can''t see him being tempted by many outside the top 5 - but you''d have to expect him to want to go if offered Champions League football.

if all this is not some joke "many hope" why keep a player at the club who no longer wants to play get a few mil for him and move on. he''s done magnificent since he''s been here but 2-4 mill for a 31 year can be useful 

Well he is the best value striker in the league after all. What about O''Neill at Sunderland? Wouldn''t surprise me at all if GH was his prime target up front as they only had Nicklas BENDER by himself up top a lot and on loan too so maybe they want target man with Sess up front?

True but 15 plus goals in the Prem is worth much more than £2-4mil. Closer to £45m I''d say.. You know what I mean though, it would be a massive loss either way and who could you get for that price to replace that many goals straight away and be on sensible wages?

Why so surprised?  He has one big contract in him and even clubs like Sunderland pay 3 times as much as us.  We''ve had our moneys worth so say thank you and let him go if we get good money.  Please don''t start bleating about loyalty - think back to what we did to Malky and Iwan in 2004. 

from holt the other day on ssn ??? strange or what

Norwich have already vowed to fight for their manager and Holt would like to think he will stay.

The striker said: "He has got an aura, something about him that makes you want to work for him, and that is why he is being touted for most jobs going.

Strong-willed

"Any job that comes up in the summer his name will get chucked in - only he knows what he wants to do."

Holt, who took his final Premier League tally to 15 goals with the opener against Aston Villa on Sunday, added: "Surely the club will do anything to keep him here.

"If he feels it is right to stay, he will stay; if he feels it is right to go, he will go. The manager is strong-willed.

"I am hoping he is here when I come back."

If we are seriously planning for the future then getting a decent price for a player his age will go a long way towards buying a younger version. Holty would be mad to turn down a big money offer at this late stage of his career. What he has done for this club will never be forgotten and fair play to him if he can get set up for life. We can all come out of this deal in a better place even though at first it seems unthinkable. Would love him to stay but it is not the end of the world. We could never keep our best players when we were an established top tier team so see no reason why we think anything would have changed.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Why so surprised?  He has one big contract in him and even clubs like Sunderland pay 3 times as much as us.  We''ve had our moneys worth so say thank you and let him go if we get good money.  Please don''t start bleating about loyalty - think back to what we did to Malky and Iwan in 2004.  [/quote]

We did nothing to Malky - he asked to leave - and Iwan was at the end of his contract.

Completely agree about Holt and wages - he will never be in a stronger position to finally secure his his familys fortune - I cant blame him for taking that last chance.

But as much as its his chance to earn his big bucks move the silver lining is we will never get more money for him. Do I trust lambert to buy a good replacement (assuming he is here of course - tee hee) of course.

Hmmm - if you can keep either lambert or holt who do you chose? PL for me...

If this is true then Holt is stupid. He might get a big pay deal but he''ll struggle to hold down a reqular place at a larger club. Then in 18 monts or so he will be linked to championship clubs on loan. If he stays here he prolong his career, and stand more chance of staying at the top for longer.

Not many people know this, but Steven Gerrard agreed a contract with Chelsea in 2004 (Think that was the year) - All he had to do was sign on the dotted line, he slept on it, and remembering how much he was loved in Liverpool he stayed.If I was offered double my wages to move company it would take a lot for me to turn it down. I am sure all the keyboard warriors on Twitter who I have no doubt are letting him know their thoughts will just drive him away and mean there is no chance of him changing his mind.Although, there could be more to the story...