Sign in to follow this  
JF

Daily Star: Lambert to hold Villa talks.

www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252068/Aston-Villa-set-up-Paul-Lambert-talks/

What a load of rubbish. They''d have to ask permission to speak to him and the club would refuse and put a statement on the website, just as they did when Burnley tried to talk to the Mesiah. He''s going nowhere.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]What a load of rubbish. They''d have to ask permission to speak to him and the club would refuse and put a statement on the website, just as they did when Burnley tried to talk to the Mesiah. He''s going nowhere.[/quote]

And the media strike again, they are very good at stiring the crap, just wait for the Euros to start,

I''m not sure that refusing permission to talk would be a good idea: it could force Lambert out rather than prevent him from talking. Isn''t that what happened with Colchester?

[quote user=" Badger"]I''m not sure that refusing permission to talk would be a good idea: it could force Lambert out rather than prevent him from talking. Isn''t that what happened with Colchester?[/quote]Didn''t Colchester allow him to speak to us, but then we couldn''t agree compensation so they withdrew their permission and Lambert walked?

[quote user=" Badger"]I''m not sure that refusing permission to talk would be a good idea: it could force Lambert out rather than prevent him from talking. Isn''t that what happened with Colchester?

[/quote]

No. Colchester gave us permission to talk to Lambert. Their stipulation was that he couldn''t leave until compensation had been agreed.