Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Holt to Man Utd

I was actually going to post this a few days ago, but didn''t bother in the end.

There was a Man Utd fan on 606 and he was saying that the two things Man Utd lack up front is the ability to hold the ball up and some nouse and experience (well I guess that''s 3 things but anyway). Man U fan then went to say that in his opinion Man U should "buy Grant Holt from Norwich."

Seeing as there are two main opinons on here as to why Holt should put in a transfer request, 1) that he wants a move back up North or 2) that he wants to be paid more, then a move to Man U would fit the bill on either count.

Also it''s not totally unknown for Fergie to go for an experienced older head, signing Van de Saar at the age of about 37, bringing back Scholes at the same age, signing Michael Owen and Laurent Blanc etc, so maybe the idea isn''t quite as lunatic as it sounds.

P.S. I don''t believe for one second that Holt will go to Man Utd, but since the world of Norwich City seems to have gone mad in the last five days, who''s to say it won''t happen?

A nice theory, rather flawed by thee transfer request which serves no purpose in relation to that theory

10 mil? Maybe we should ask BW how much Arsenal have had accepted and see if we can push Man Utd a bit higher!

He''s already signed to Villa, pending Lambert getting the job, which is dependent on solksjaer returning to Norway first

[quote user="Aggy"]10 mil? Maybe we should ask BW how much Arsenal have had accepted and see if we can push Man Utd a bit higher![/quote]Hmmmm, good point[Y]

Wow, think ur on to something there C1st!

(don''t think gh has already signed - just the intention)

Can''t see this happening. As much as I''d want great things for him if he should leave, this just seems too unrealistic. We all thought he''d make England and turns out he was miles off. Although thats down to Roy. Grrrrr

ManU have off-loaded Owen, and I believe Berbatov is to follow. They certainly need back-up to what they''ve got and he certainly fits the bill.

The other two clubs that really need a centre-forward are Sunderland and Spurs, but I expect a move back up north may be a deciding factor?

Man Utd certainly need some quality signings to push City further next year. City will be making signings, United need to do likewise.

They''ve obviously got rid of Owen (and possibly Berbatov) to reduce the wage bill a bit in order to make said big name quality signings. A cheeky 15 million bid for Holt, offering him the wages they saved combined on Owen and Berbatov, I''d say it''s almost a done deal!

Sunderland is a more realistic shout. Spurs I can''t see happening, especially if Bayern win this afternoon and they end up with Champions League football - surely they could attract better quality than Holt?

"Man Utd certainly need some quality signings to push City further next year"

I presume you mean Norwich City, Aggy?!

Holt is not irreplaceable, and Morison will surprise many of the doubters on this board next season.

O.T.B.C!