Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

holt and lambert owe us nothing

Both have made as big a contribution to Norwich City FC than arguably anyone else in recent years. They know that, we know that.

And Lambert was being typically honest when asked after the Villa game when he left the door open to leave. We won''t be the last team he leaves. He knows how fickle football is, he knows how it works. That''s life. So I certainly expect him to move on just like O Neil has done. Leave when things are on the up. People in industry do this.

Occasionally you get some real gems....the Huckerbys of this world. But they are rare....they should be cherished too. Anyway Holt and Lambert are not from that mould....I expect Lambert to go....but will see what happens with Holt.

The last 3 years have been a fantastic journey .....its ending. But we fans are always here for the next chapter. Otbc.

If Lambert leaves for Villa I honestly think this time next year he will be out of a job. Fickle club and fans with expectations far higher than are realistic, It will take a lot of money and time to turn that shambles around and they wont give either. We will finish higher than them next season whatever happens.

Both are victims of their own success. If it was Korey Smith who put in a transfer request we would not bat an eye lid would we.

Leave the man alone and let him carve his own career. We''ve been lucky enough to have him on board, if he stays then great if he goes then best wishes and thanks.

And will the club be sending out letters to all the fans like me who chipped in to buy Holt, and telling us we have a great profit coming for our investment, Don''t hold your breath, nice thought  though .

[quote user="sonyc"]Both have made as big a contribution to Norwich City FC than arguably anyone else in recent years. They know that, we know that.

And Lambert was being typically honest when asked after the Villa game when he left the door open to leave. We won''t be the last team he leaves. He knows how fickle football is, he knows how it works. That''s life. So I certainly expect him to move on just like O Neil has done. Leave when things are on the up. People in industry do this.

Occasionally you get some real gems....the Huckerbys of this world. But they are rare....they should be cherished too. Anyway Holt and Lambert are not from that mould....I expect Lambert to go....but will see what happens with Holt.

The last 3 years have been a fantastic journey .....its ending. But we fans are always here for the next chapter. Otbc.[/quote]Can''t help agreeing with this except regarding Huckerby.Can''t argue that he''s a City legend and he loves the area too but it did help that he was a rich man when he arrived here. Had he started his career at Carrow Road he would have quickly moved on like they almost always do.......

I agree Holt and Lambert owe us nothing!

Personnally I think Lambert can keep on going up and up but I strongly suspect Holt apart from a fat signing on fee wouldn''t have it better than what he has had it ith us!

Huckerbys a different thing altogether than Holt cause he''d always made himself financially secure for life before coming here!