Sign in to follow this  
Olano

Ole Gunnar Solskjær not going to Aston VIlla

He is holding a press confrans now.And he is staying in Norway. Lambert going to Villa now?

If OGS turned villa down, then maybe lambert would, assuming they were even interested. How tempting are villa, they have sold all there best players in the last few years, and whoever goes there is at best 2nd choice...

I am increasingly fearful that Lambert will go to Villa. It will be bad for us and i am by no means certain that it will be good for him but only time will tell. Part of me is angry but the other part grateful for a fantastic 3 years. Just as there are good hungry players out there there are also many good young managers desperate for a chance as indeed he was 3 years ago. Mc Nally holds the key and best he goes now with a summer to consolidate and bulid than part way through a season with transfer funds already committed. The bottom line it will be sad and a blow but we have had them before. What about Culverhouse would he want a chance, how good would Lambert be without him?

well they are wrong. Ole is talking to norwgan tv2 now, and he is not going.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/solskjaer-fortsetter-i-molde-3785513.htmllink but its in Norwgan.

Question:
If every manager wants to manage in the Premier League how come OGS has turned down a move from Villa when he manages in the Norwegian league which, no offence, is nowhere near the Premier League.
If OGS is turning down the opportunity to manage Villa when he''s in a comparatively poor league, why on earth would Lambert want to go? there''s something seriously wrong with Villa at the moment.  

Confirmed: OGS is staying at his club because the sponsors threatened to pull out after 20 years of investment in Molde.

I would imagine Lambert will have talks with them this week if he''s going to at any time.

Apparently what he actually said was

"in football, as with any other jobs or anything else in life for that

matter, you have no guarantees. Things show up and you have to deal with

situations as they arises. I cant say that we will keep all of our players just

because they are under contract. It depends on them, the club and the timing and

quality of the offer. I am an ambitious man, I have made it no secret that i

want to manage in england one day. That being said, I do want to stress that i

have not been out looking for a job. I have not contacted anyone, but rather

been contacted. i have already turned down a few premier league clubs and even

champion league clubs that wanted to talk to me. When Aston Villa contacted me

however, and offered me a private jet so that I would be ready for training the

lads the next day, I wanted to speak to them. I contacted the owner (of molde)

and was given the green light to do so. In that manner, the only thing I am

sorry about is all this hassle that came out of it. There has not been contract

negotiation. I have not been offered a job at Aston Villa. We have simply met to

get to know each other. They will also speak to other candidates and I do not

know whats going to happen from here. So as of today I have two years left on my

contract and I intend to stay."

Which sounds like a bit of a come & get me plea to me.

In addition to that a Norwegian footballer has tweeted that Solksjaer has told his players that tomorrows game will be his last

If I were you I''d get some 4/1 while you can...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="SWP"]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/19/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-aston-villa

Certainly doesnt sound like he has turned them down here, cannot believe the Chairman has thrown his toys out of the pram in such a manner though!  Unbelievable Jeff!!!!

[/quote]

I would guess that''s the Chairman of the sponsor, not the club (one would hope)?!
[/quote]

He''s the guy that bankrolls Molde,and,although irellevant,also lead to MK Franchise Dons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kjell_Inge_R%C3%B8kke

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="SWP"]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/19/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-aston-villa

Certainly doesnt sound like he has turned them down here, cannot believe the Chairman has thrown his toys out of the pram in such a manner though!  Unbelievable Jeff!!!!

[/quote]

I would guess that''s the Chairman of the sponsor, not the club (one would hope)?!
[/quote]

If it was the Chairman of the sponsor he could not just withdraw funding like that, unless contracts in Norway are a lot different than here?

Kjell Inge Røkke is the owner of the club. He will now go oute of the club. Sound like Solskjær is considering a move again.

The latest story from the Birmingham Mail on the subject:

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer is still the leading contender for Aston Villa’s managerial vacancy after leaving the door open for an offer from chairman Randy Lerner.

Contrary to media reports today, the Molde manager has not turned down the claret and blues or ruled himself out of the running to replace Alex McLeish.

In fact, in a diplomatic interview, respectful to both clubs, Solskjaer revealed he would give Villa his consideration if they decide to make him an offer.

Confusion reigned this afternoon when parts of Solskjaer’s press conference with the Norwegian media was seemingly lost in translation as it reached England.

Some outlets, including the Birmingham Mail website, carried a Press Association report erroneously suggesting the 39-year-old had rejected Villa’s advances.

However, after several checks with trusted Norwegian sources present throughout the press conference, it became clear Solskjaer had done no such thing.

Instead, the former Manchester United favourite, reportedly trod a fine line between being courteous to his current employers and his Villa suitors.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Confusion reigned this afternoon when parts of Solskjaer’s press conference with the Norwegian media was seemingly lost in translation as it reached England.

-----------

However, after several checks with trusted Norwegian sources present throughout the press conference, it became clear Solskjaer had done no such thing.

[/quote]hilarious !!Perhaps we should produce a "Glaswegian/English" phrasebook for Randy Lerner just in case Lambert does get approached for the job.I was thinking something in the vein of "The Hungarian phrasebook"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

The latest story from the Birmingham Mail on the subject:

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer is still the leading contender for Aston Villa’s managerial vacancy after leaving the door open for an offer from chairman Randy Lerner.

Contrary to media reports today, the Molde manager has not turned down the claret and blues or ruled himself out of the running to replace Alex McLeish.

In fact, in a diplomatic interview, respectful to both clubs, Solskjaer revealed he would give Villa his consideration if they decide to make him an offer.

Some outlets, including the Birmingham Mail website, carried a Press Association report erroneously suggesting the 39-year-old had rejected Villa’s advances.

Instead, the former Manchester United favourite, reportedly trod a fine line between being courteous to his current employers and his Villa suitors.

[/quote]

The Brimingham Mail, which has obviously got a bit of an inside track on this, both in Norway and at Villa Park, has now hardened up its story while slightly hedging its bets:

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer has taken a significant step closer to becoming Aston Villa’s next boss after telling Molde he is keen to manage the claret and blues.

Solskjaer has confirmed to his current club in Norway that he intends to leave them if he receives a firm offer from Villa chairman Randy Lerner.

The 39-year-old Norwegian surged to the top of Lerner’s wishlist after impressing the owner following a jet-setting job interview on Friday.

And although a deal is yet to be done and Villa are still considering other candidates it appears to be a major development in their search for a successor to Alex McLeish.

Former Manchester United favourite Solskjaer has told Molde bosses that he wants the chance to manage Villa in the Premier League.