Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Wilbrahimovic

GET IN THERE WILBRAHAMOVIC

He''ll be off to replace Gomez at Bayern now, Super Wilbraham wouldn''t have missed all those chances and then gone absent for an hour.

Why has this player suddenly become such a cult hero in this way?

He put in a few decent shifts towards the end of last season, but nothing he did was instrumental in our survival.

We all like a trier and good luck to him, but his only credential for me was that he was no where near as bad as I thought he was, from comments on this board.  If I thought he was to be in the squad for next season, however, I would worry about our prospects.

Keep going Wilbers, you owe us nothing, and vice versa.

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]Really glad to hear this he got no end of stick at times of some but showed passion and always tried his hardest, Infact i dont think people could mention a single game he played in that he wasnt running his socks off. Will be great for everyone to give him a proper send off[/quote]

I seem to remeber a certain Andy Hughes who also used to  "run his socks off " 

Wilbraham done the job he was brought into the club to do which was being a willing, hardworking squad player with a good atitiude!

Yes we know he wasn''t Premiership class and wouldn''t do much in the Championship either I suspect, but he certainly done more than what I thought he would and what I suspect most others thought he''d do as well!

Its a measure of how well Wilbrahamovic done that at some points later in the season he was better than Steve Morison a player with far more ability!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

He put in a few decent shifts towards the end of last season, but nothing he did was instrumental in our survival.

We all like a trier and good luck to him, but his only credential for me was that he was no where near as bad as I thought he was, from comments on this board.  If I thought he was to be in the squad for next season, however, I would worry about our prospects.

[/quote]What the heck does that mean?  A team player with a great attitude, I wish the game had more Aaron Wilbrahams.  I, for one am sorry to see him go.  He may not be as skilled as most in this league but he''s got one more goal in the Prem than either you or I.

Be good to see him and Whitbread get a chance for one final round of applause, both been good team players for the club if somewhat unspectacular at times.

[quote user="E.L.F."][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

What the heck does that mean?  A team player with a great attitude, I wish the game had more Aaron Wilbrahams.  I, for one am sorry to see him go.  He may not be as skilled as most in this league but he''s got one more goal in the Prem than either you or I.
[/quote]#

#

Vice Versa? It''s Latin, I did mentioned his attributes, but quite frankly if you want the likes of Wilbers at the Carra, then you don''t want Premiership football there. Nothing about his game, from his goal-scoring to his ball skills suggest Premiership level. His whole career thus far, to say nothing of his age now, suggest this to be the case.

God forbid that we enter into the next Premiership season loaded with over-aged triers with little pedigree to speak of. The word to be emphasised there is "Premiership."

Good luck Wilbers, you owe us nothing, we owe you nothing. Better?  

Come Come now roadstairs,

I bet Wilbers would not have dropped a bombshell like Holty this week !

"a certain Andy Hughes who also used to  "run his socks off " "surely you mean ''put in a decent shift''

(do keep up with the cats, Daddio)

[quote user="Firedawg"]Come Come now roadstairs, I bet Wilbers would not have dropped a bombshell like Holty this week ![/quote]

[:D][:D]

I now see the irony of my "over-aged triers with little pedigree" point. But Holty actually scored goals.