Sign in to follow this  
super canary

For one night only...........

Nope. Bayern for me. Glad to see one English club in the final (representing the prem - Real and Barca best teams in the world don''t you know?!), but now that they''re there, I''m firmly supporting the Bavarians!

Patriotism in support of all 2 Englishmen playing?!

Nope, I''ll be sitting back sipping an Augustiner Weissbier, and hoping a side that''s built around a core of young, domestic players whose success is based on a long history of being a massive club rather than a Russian billionaire can do one over Chelsea this evening. Not that I''m really all that fussed at all to be honest!

[quote user="Aggy"]Patriotism in support of all 2 Englishmen playing?!

Nope, I''ll be sitting back sipping an Augustiner Weissbier, and hoping a side that''s built around a core of young, domestic players whose success is based on a long history of being a massive club rather than a Russian billionaire can do one over Chelsea this evening. Not that I''m really all that fussed at all to be honest![/quote]

Cahill, Lampard, Bertrand, Cole, Sturridge.......thats at least 5!

[quote user="London Canary"]Hopefully Norwich will still hold the record for the only English team to beat Bayern at their ground.[/quote]oneI''ll be glad when that ''record'' is gonesmacks too much of little ole norwich

I support all English teams against foreign opposition, even Man. U.  The only exception would be if, and it''s a massive if, the binners got there again.

Tonight I might make an exception if I was a Spurs fan though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I support all English teams against foreign opposition, even Man. U.  The only exception would be if, and it''s a massive if, the binners got there again.

Tonight I might make an exception if I was a Spurs fan though.

[/quote]

Thankyou sir!

[quote user="City1st"]I''ll be glad when that ''record'' is gonesmacks too much of little ole norwich

[/quote]Got your tin hat on City 1st?For what it''s worth I agree.

4 Englishmen in the starting line up, 1 extra on the bench. Better than I was expecting to be fair, certainly better than anything Arsenal would have put out in a similar situation! Compared to Bayern with 8 Germans in the starting line up and another 2 on the bench though, it''s looking pretty slim.

Not to get too serious or off topic here, but when you look at Chelsea, who have Cole, Lampard (and normally Terry) all over 30 and Bertrand who has only made 7 league starts this season, you''re left with only two English players under the age of 30 getting experience of champions League football and regular premiership action.

Bayern on the other hand have got Schweinsteiger (27) and Lahm (28), but then they''ve got Neuer (26), Kroos (22), Gomez (26), Badstuber (23), Muller (22), Boateng (23) all playing regularly and in the champions league, not to mention Contento and Petersen (22 and 23) who are more bit-part players, and the likes of Butt and the other sub keeper there who are also all German.

And we wonder why our international team is pants!

[quote user="Aggy"]4 Englishmen in the starting line up, 1 extra on the bench. Better than I was expecting to be fair, certainly better than anything Arsenal would have put out in a similar situation! Compared to Bayern with 8 Germans in the starting line up and another 2 on the bench though, it''s looking pretty slim.

Not to get too serious or off topic here, but when you look at Chelsea, who have Cole, Lampard (and normally Terry) all over 30 and Bertrand who has only made 7 league starts this season, you''re left with only two English players under the age of 30 getting experience of champions League football and regular premiership action.

Bayern on the other hand have got Schweinsteiger (27) and Lahm (28), but then they''ve got Neuer (26), Kroos (22), Gomez (26), Badstuber (23), Muller (22), Boateng (23) all playing regularly and in the champions league, not to mention Contento and Petersen (22 and 23) who are more bit-part players, and the likes of Butt and the other sub keeper there who are also all German.

And we wonder why our international team is pants![/quote]

Are you a wee bit German? Because that''s OK!

Haha, I don''t think so. At least, my Grandma Gertrude and Grandad Fritz have never mentioned any German roots before. But then again, I can never understand what they''re saying anyway, they''ve got a very peculiar accent!

Chelsea? Do me a favour.

Horrendous football club, total bunch of nonentities who are only where they are because of a Russian crook who raped the wealth that should belong to his country. Supported by a fanbase which is 50% racist skinheads and 50% idiot nouveau football fans who have no idea who Kerry Dixon is.

I hope Bayern absolutely slaughter them.

So is it the fact that it''s Chelsea, or would it be the same lack of support if it was any other top 6 Premier League club? It baffles me as to why so many of you would abandon an English club in favor of a foreign one.

Ich will Bayern München zu gewinnen, danke.  John Terry ist ein rassistischen arschloch und Didier Drogba tauchgänge und betrug.

[quote user="super canary"]So is it the fact that it''s Chelsea, or would it be the same lack of support if it was any other top 6 Premier League club? It baffles me as to why so many of you would abandon an English club in favor of a foreign one.[/quote]Yeah, Chelsea, that English club.  John Terry, A Cole, Fat Frank, plus diving Didier, terrible Torres.... what a bunch of c*nts they are.

In fairness Super canary, I''ve got a fair few German friends who live in Munich and are all Bayern fans, and I have loved the city whenever I have visited them, so I suppose that''s got some bearing on it. Had it been Barca or Real, or pretty much anyone else, then I think I probably would have been going for Chelsea. As I say, it''s nice to see Chelsea representing the prem in the final and I certainly wanted them to beat Barca, but it''s Bayern for me tonight.

And also I would prefer to see Spurs in it next year than Chelsea, so that''s got some bearing on it as well.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="super canary"]So is it the fact that it''s Chelsea, or would it be the same lack of support if it was any other top 6 Premier League club? It baffles me as to why so many of you would abandon an English club in favor of a foreign one.[/quote]Yeah, Chelsea, that English club.  John Terry, A Cole, Fat Frank, plus diving Didier, terrible Torres.... what a bunch of c*nts they are.[/quote]

Chill out bitty!

In what sense is Chelsea an English football club? Owned by a Russian, staffed mostly by foreigners. Their two highest profile Englishmen, Lampard and Terry, are emblematic of England''s failures over the last decade.

Of this year''s top six, I might support Newcastle in Europe. Can''t imagine supporting ManC, ManU, Arsenal or Spurs.

But I''d support a Pol Pot XI before I supported Chelsea.

Come on Bayern.