Sign in to follow this  
Eadienhucks

NIECE IN TEARS!! Thanks HOLT!

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

She is only just turned 8,and met Grant last year in sainsburys over thorpe,and has always idolised him..

[/quote]Lock her in the garden shed for a few hours.. that''ll sort her out.

ok its a bit dramatic but when you are idolised to the point that holt is there is always going to be a hysterical backlash...being a hero carries a lot of responsibility i wonder if holt realises how much he is loved here... we don''t just sing songs about him to make a noise there is genuine love for the bloke

Embarrassing post OP. No one cares how your niece has taken it

Poor, poor girl.

I have just watched a recording of ''Unreported World'' about kids with real, real life-style problems.

I could puke.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Poor, poor girl.

I have just watched a recording of ''Unreported World'' about kids with real, real life-style problems.

I could puke.

[/quote]

we all know of people worst of than ourselves but it doesn''t mean we don''t have the right to feel p1ssed off about things that matter to us...

I remeber when I was a young fan and Fleck went I thought that was it but in came Mark Robins... Lokk what he did... amazing player.It is just an age, thing this club has had phenomenal players who have ocme in and left.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]Lock her in the garden shed for a few hours.. that''ll sort her out.[/quote]I can confirm this works, a few hours in the shed and already I''ve stopped crying and I''m beginning to regret putting all my NCFC memoribilia, shirts and household furnishings on the bonfire last night in particular the wallpaper as I''m now going to be spending the next few weekends redecorating the kitchen, living room, toilet and bedrooms.

explain to her that in 12 months time we will have a new striker scoring the goals and being idolised like Holt was....she wont understand now but "Grant Who?" could be on everyones lips.

"we all know of people worst of than ourselves but it doesn''t mean we don''t have the right to feel p1ssed off about things that matter to us..."

Just as I have the right to puke when I feel the need to.

Cluck ~ "Lock her in the garden shed for a few hours.. that''ll sort her out." [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]morty ~ "I cried a little.I''m okay now though I think." [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

And anyway.... how could anyone be depressed with the Olympic torch carrying event going on at the moment?Rivetting viewing and I can''t wait to watch some over hyped local ''look at me'' do-gooder poncing down the road feeling incredibly self important because he/she''s got a lighted stick in his/her hand.Marvellous.

My youngest won two goldfish at the fair on Thursday evening and called them '' Holt and Ruddy '' ! I had to explain last night how Holt leapt out of his bowl and was eaten by our English Bull Terrier.

I call it '' Tough Love '' !

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]And anyway.... how could anyone be depressed with the Olympic torch carrying event going on at the moment?Rivetting viewing and I can''t wait to watch some over hyped local ''look at me'' do-gooder poncing down the road feeling incredibly self important because he/she''s got a lighted stick in his/her hand.Marvellous.[/quote]

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] What a bleedin'' circus [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]I wonder if any of those ''do-gooders'' poncing down the road realise that the tradition of carrying the flame along a preordained route from Greece to the seat of the current Games was a political ploy arranged the first time by Nazi Germany for the Berlin Games of 1936?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

"we all know of people worst of than ourselves but it doesn''t mean we don''t have the right to feel p1ssed off about things that matter to us..."

[/quote]Just as i have the right to know you are a emotionless armchair fan who has never felt yellow and green in your blood

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Just as i have the right to know you are a emotionless armchair fan who has never felt yellow and green in your blood[/quote]

How would you know?

How exactly do you feel yellow and green in the blood?

First world problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2p5svFJ9cQ

Davo

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Just as i have the right to know you are a emotionless armchair fan who has never felt yellow and green in your blood[/quote]

How would you know?

[/quote]As you have the right to puke,i have a right to form an opinion about your type of support,based on your comments...and my opinions are further enforced when you ask a question "How do you feel yellow and green in your blood"!!! If you have to ask,you will never know!!!

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How would you know?

[/quote]As you have the right to puke,i have a right to form an opinion about your type of support,based on your comments...and my opinions are further enforced when you ask a question "How do you feel yellow and green in your blood"!!! If you have to ask,you will never know!!![/quote]

Illogical to the point of being completely stupid.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How would you know?

[/quote]As you have the right to puke,i have a right to form an opinion about your type of support,based on your comments...and my opinions are further enforced when you ask a question "How do you feel yellow and green in your blood"!!! If you have to ask,you will never know!!![/quote]

Illogical to the point of being completely stupid.

[/quote]

Feelings don''t have to be logical. In fact the most illogical feelings are probably the best.

Quite NN, but he was talking about forming an opinion, not feelings.

The sprog questioned my loyalty to our Club (50 years of constant support) on the basis of a couple of lines on a football forum that he disagreed with, or more to the point, failed to totally comprehend.

I resented it.

This wasn''t far off my reaction to the Holt news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNkjv1z6Mg

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

... and a summer of infighting begins!

Come on Barclaybred - that was uncalled for. 

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

She is only just turned 8,and met Grant last year in sainsburys over thorpe,and has always idolised him..

[/quote]You might as well get it all out of the way now then, and tell her about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.