Sign in to follow this  
Big Duncs Bloody Shirt

Prepare for heartbreak ...

Good read Dunc'', I agree with you, but emotionally it''s so hard to take, I mean the guys are worshipped by the club''s supporters and they must have a good contract not? I must be getting old, cause when I started watching the canaries, there were still players and managers, loyal to their clubs.

Totally agree with your sentiment mate ... but at the end of the day these guys are looking to make as good a living as possible over a relatively short career. The fact that we worship them as demi-gods is probably the thing that is is unrealistic in the larger scheme of things.

OTBC

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Good read Dunc'', I agree with you, but emotionally it''s so hard to take, I mean the guys are worshipped by the club''s supporters and they must have a good contract not? I must be getting old, cause when I started watching the canaries, there were still players and managers, loyal to their clubs.[/quote]
I never think loyalty truly existed, now players (and managers) have much more freedom in regards to their contracts that they no longer have to pretend to be loyal. Look, in the past, players whos contracts ran out were still retained by the club, they couldn''t play and were payed a reduced salary, any club who wanted to purchase said player would have to contact their old club and negotiate with them, now players can leave on a free agency. Loyalty''s not dead, because in the majority of cases it never existed. 

A really well written and thought out piece, it tells us what most of us know deep down,still, it''s not so easy to keep the emotions in check when two of our most beloved Norwich City heroes give us ANY reason to doubt that the dream won''t continue for many more seasons. Top stuff!!