Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Do you think that NCFC will have a female manager within the next twenty years?

[quote user="Across_The_Pond_Yellow"]I thought ''trolling'' was meant to have some humor in it? the thread this is in response to is reasonable...[/quote]

I did request it be forgotten.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="morty"][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Exactly.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''ll bite with this one.....I don''t see it ever happening and if NCFC did ever appoint a female manager I wouldn''t set foot in the place until the fad had passed.

[/quote]Surely it all depends how hot she is, perhaps Chelsea''s physio could get her coaching badges

That was me first thought too Bethnall. Hire Hope Powell and we kill two birds with one stone.

Davo

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''ll bite with this one.....I don''t see it ever happening and if NCFC did ever appoint a female manager I wouldn''t set foot in the place until the fad had passed.

[/quote]

I could see it happening, not soon but maybe, just maybe in my lifetime we will see a female proffessional football manager in the top 4 divisions. No reason a woman cannot be a masterful tactician, infact, in my experience, women are born with a natural bloody flair for it! (joke!, just to equal it out men are lazy). Out of interest why would you not go any more GJL?

I could see it in the lower leagues in the near future.  By sheer coincidence
Female command first for Navy ship

–

3 hours ago 

A woman from Middlesex who is the first female commander of a major Royal Navy warship is taking up her post.

Commander Sarah West, 40, joins Type 23 frigate HMS Portland in Rosyth, Fife.

The

warship is undergoing a refit and, on completion, it will undergo a

series of trials before returning to its base port in Devonport before

the end of the year. It will then be prepared for its next operational

tasking.

Cmdr West said: "Taking command of HMS Portland is definitely the highlight of my 16 years in the RN (Royal Navy) so far.

"It is a challenge that I am fully trained for and ready to undertake.

"I

am very proud to be taking command of a Type 23 frigate, which is an

extremely flexible warship, and I''m looking forward to taking HMS

Portland on operations with a professional and focused team."

In

another milestone for the Royal Navy, Commander Sue Moore, 43, recently

became the first woman to command a squadron of minor war vessels, the

First Patrol Boat Squadron (1PBS), based in Portsmouth.

Cmdr Moore, from Bath, and Cmdr West have a combined 36 years of experience in the Navy.

Their achievements include deployments ranging from the Gulf to the Balkans to counter-narcotics patrols in the Caribbean.

The

pair have been described as being part of a "cohort of talented female

officers" who joined the Royal Navy to serve at sea and are now

undertaking or approaching key appointments in their naval careers.

Well I am pleased at least that some have taken the suggestion seriously, although the World of Football being what it is, it seems unlikely to happen even in the far distant  future. In fact, apart from our Delia and Karen Brady (nee) I cannot name another female in the highere echelons of the game. There must be one or two.

My posting was prompted as the need for a slight dig at the other post  about a black manager at NCFC. As with many others it seems, this post had made me feel slightly uncomfortable as I could not accept it as the superficial  question it was later made out to be, but instead saw racial undertones.

I did not consider this post a "troll," although I thought it an unecessary topic for discussion. Others seemed to as well.

My joke was intended to cast myself as the troll.

It fell flat because my link failed.

Not for the first time on this Board has a joke fallen flat, not my first time either.

Not for the first time have I had a problem with a link on this site.

Both my fault.

Not for the first

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Well I am pleased at least that some have taken the suggestion seriously, although the World of Football being what it is, it seems unlikely to happen even in the far distant  future. In fact, apart from our Delia and Karen Brady (nee) I cannot name another female in the highere echelons of the game. There must be one or two.

My posting was prompted as the need for a slight dig at the other post  about a black manager at NCFC. As with many others it seems, this post had made me feel slightly uncomfortable as I could not accept it as the superficial  question it was later made out to be, but instead saw racial undertones.

I did not consider this post a "troll," although I thought it an unecessary topic for discussion. Others seemed to as well.

Not for the first time on this Board has a joke fallen flat, not my first time either.

Both my fault.

Not for the first

[/quote]Its fine mate, I for one, understand your context and intentions!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Both my fault.

Not for the first

[/quote]

I wouldn''t go beating yourself up over it, Broadstairs.If the manager has the right credentials I couldn''t care less if they are male, female, Gay, black, red, yellow, white, wheelchair bound or from bleedin'' Jupiter. But no gingers thanks and especially not one from Uranus.

I reckon before my grandchildren pass away Norwich will have a crack addicted single parent black ladyboy as manager.What do you all reckon ?[:D]

So long as she can cook a good roast dinner and do the ironing too I don''t think we should discriminate...er....

I expect it will happen at some point, doubt I''ll still be alive when it does but why shouldn''t one one day?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I reckon before my grandchildren pass away Norwich will have a crack addicted single parent black ladyboy as manager.What do you all reckon ?[:D][/quote]Would that be pre-op ?

[quote user="The Pink Role Model"]I could see it in the lower leagues in the near future.  By sheer coincidence
Female command first for Navy ship

–

3 hours ago 

A woman from Middlesex who is the first female commander of a major Royal Navy warship is taking up her post.

Commander Sarah West, 40, joins Type 23 frigate HMS Portland in Rosyth, Fife.

The

warship is undergoing a refit and, on completion, it will undergo a

series of trials before returning to its base port in Devonport before

the end of the year. It will then be prepared for its next operational

tasking.

Cmdr West said: "Taking command of HMS Portland is definitely the highlight of my 16 years in the RN (Royal Navy) so far.

"It is a challenge that I am fully trained for and ready to undertake.

"I

am very proud to be taking command of a Type 23 frigate, which is an

extremely flexible warship, and I''m looking forward to taking HMS

Portland on operations with a professional and focused team."

In

another milestone for the Royal Navy, Commander Sue Moore, 43, recently

became the first woman to command a squadron of minor war vessels, the

First Patrol Boat Squadron (1PBS), based in Portsmouth.

Cmdr Moore, from Bath, and Cmdr West have a combined 36 years of experience in the Navy.

Their achievements include deployments ranging from the Gulf to the Balkans to counter-narcotics patrols in the Caribbean.

The

pair have been described as being part of a "cohort of talented female

officers" who joined the Royal Navy to serve at sea and are now

undertaking or approaching key appointments in their naval careers.

[/quote]

I suppose these warships are undergoing a refit so that the ladies have a place to stow their handbags on the bridge.

Nigel Adkins and Les Parry were both physios who became managers.

What about Chelsea''s Eva Canario doing that for us?

She''d be ideal for us with her surname.

Of course a woman could manage your football club. A woman has the ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it. You see it may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs. Any woman who understands the problems of running a kitchen will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a football team. I was always taught that if you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.

Just look at your wonderful owner. Delia Smith is a woman. And like me she will go on and on and on until she feels your club would be better served if she stood down. I am quite sure Delia won''t stand aside and allow your football club to be swamped by an alien culture.