Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Tonight and just a thought

Firstly just want to say congratulations to Ad for 11 years great service, and for what he has done for the club ,and what will be a great game tonight I''m sure!!

Secondly Was just wondering anyone thinking that there could be a announcement tonight regarding a certain mr holt.

New contract signed ??!

Not starting any false accusations just a thought on the matter ??

Otbc

I would like to see some kind of statement this afternoon.Adam''s night should not be overshadowed.

Funnily enough the same thought had crossed my mind, also be a good time to confirm Lambert staying.

Lambert will never be confirmed as staying, he has a rolling contract and is ours unless stated otherwise!

As regards to Holt, I agree, if it is announced at tonights testimonial match I will be rather annoyed!

Lol, I live near the train station and I can hear Scottish voices singing already!

[quote user="snakepit ric"]Firstly just want to say congratulations to Ad for 11 years great service, and for what he has done for the club ,and what will be a great game tonight I''m sure!!

Secondly Was just wondering anyone thinking that there could be a announcement tonight regarding a certain mr holt.

New contract signed ??!

Not starting any false accusations just a thought on the matter ??

Otbc[/quote]

This is Drurys ( and the bit he has given to Hucks ) night not Holts. I just pray that his night is not ruined.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I live near the train station and I can hear Scottish voices singing already!
[/quote]

Some of them were here as early as 8am, Morty, and most of them had tins of beer in their hands already. They seem to have dispersed away from the ground now, and somehow I don''t think they''ve gone to sample the delights of Chapelfield...

Gonna take a wander down the river in a bit and see how the land lies...

Its gonna be a fun day!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I live near the train station and I can hear Scottish voices singing already![/quote]

Some of them were here as early as 8am, Morty, and most of them had tins of beer in their hands already. They seem to have dispersed away from the ground now, and somehow I don''t think they''ve gone to sample the delights of Chapelfield...

Gonna take a wander down the river in a bit and see how the land lies...

Its gonna be a fun day!

[/quote]They were brilliant when they came for the last testemonial, I expect the same again!

On a slight aside, I am considering selecting a retro shirt to wear tonight (If it still fits me lol) and am struggling to remember which one we had when we signed Drury, any statto geeks help me out here?

With Holt and his representative only meeting McNally yesterday afternoon to get a new contract signed and sealed by tonights game would be an incredibly fast turnover. Not impossible of course, but can''t see negotiations going that soomthly.

I too was thinking this earlier, have to agree with Morty that a statement should be made prior to the game.

It has all gone a bit stale and quiet though hasn''t it, left in the lurch once again, very frustrating.

On a personal note and slightly OT I don''t think Holt should play tonight as there are bound to be some numbnuts that will boo him and make his mind up for him and it would also completely detract from what tonight is all about.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With Holt and his representative only meeting McNally yesterday afternoon to get a new contract signed and sealed by tonights game would be an incredibly fast turnover. Not impossible of course, but can''t see negotiations going that soomthly.[/quote]Whilst I agree, I would like to see a statement along the lines of"The matter has been resolved to both parties satisfaction, Grant Holt remains a Norwich City player and asks that people now focus on giving Adam Drury the night he deserves"

I would go so far as saying that if it is not announced before the match its not good news.

Obviously that is just my gut feeling.

The only other reason would be not to announce anything to let Drury have his night. Perhaps they don''t want people overly chanting Holt''s name even if he has signed a new contract etc.

But I can''t believe they wouldn''t announce it as it would release some of that tension. Which is why I think if progress or positive news isn''t released today I would take it as a bad omen, or at the very least the first round of talks have not been good.

[quote user="morty"]On a slight aside, I am considering selecting a retro shirt to wear tonight (If it still fits me lol) and am struggling to remember which one we had when we signed Drury, any statto geeks help me out here?[/quote]It was the Colman''s shirt, he signed in March 2001Would be great to have a game where everybody brought/wore all their old shirts, scarfs and ''retro'' stuff  -  though it might isolate a fair few who have no such ''medals''

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="morty"]On a slight aside, I am considering selecting a retro shirt to wear tonight (If it still fits me lol) and am struggling to remember which one we had when we signed Drury, any statto geeks help me out here?[/quote]It was the Colman''s shirt, he signed in March 2001Would be great to have a game where everybody brought/wore all their old shirts, scarfs and ''retro'' stuff  -  though it might isolate a fair few who have no such ''medals''

[/quote]Ta, will dig it out.[Y]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="morty"]On a slight aside, I am considering selecting a retro shirt to wear tonight (If it still fits me lol) and am struggling to remember which one we had when we signed Drury, any statto geeks help me out here?[/quote]It was the Colman''s shirt, he signed in March 2001Would be great to have a game where everybody brought/wore all their old shirts, scarfs and ''retro'' stuff  -  though it might isolate a fair few who have no such ''medals''

[/quote]

I would wear my Colman''s shirt but i was only 9... Not sure it''ll fit me now!!

Hard to believe Drury''s been here for nearly all the years i''ve been coming. Really deserves this night, don''t think we''ll see many more!

Tonight isn''t about Holt or PL so you''d hope not. Like someone else said, their will never be a statement saying PL is staying unless he has talks with another club and decides against it.

Holt will sign an improved contract at some point. They are trying to dress it up as not all being about money, but lets face it, it will all come down to money. If Holt is unhappy with certain aspects of club it''s nothing an extra few grand won''t fix.

[quote user="morty"]I would like to see some kind of statement this afternoon.Adam''s night should not be overshadowed.[/quote]Spot on there Morty [Y]Tonight should be about Adam Drury- and nobody else.

Lets have an announcement Holt is staying and will see out his contract, the club will not be held to ransom.

[/quote]I''m going to wear my 2003/04 home shirt tonight as my Colman''s shirt just doesnt fit me anymore [:$]

Agree with everyone points. I think it should be done before tonight but now being just gone 5 can''t see it happening.

It''s drury''s night so I don''t think they would over shadow it. But with Norwich you never know.

And please people no booing holt or lambert tonight , even if you think they have handled things wrong .