Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Henri Lansbury 'sign him up'

Don''t you mean Crofts?? I agree, i have always liked him, just has a touch of quality about him, you can tell he has gone throw the Arsenal ranks. I think if we want him he''s ours if we are willing to stump up the cash, i think his contract is up though. Same with Pacheco, would fill out the squad with 3 quality signings as well

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I know it''s a friendly, but this guy is GOOD.

Please Mr Lambert, sign him up.[/quote]

Lansbury playing Ummmmmmmm I thought it was crofts LOL what plonkers the commentators were.

Taking into account the nature of the fixture, I though he played extremely well after coming on.Strong passing, smart movement and very much looked to get involved throughout. On that showing and if he could maintain that display regularly, then he and Bennett would be having a hell of a fight over the right hand side of midfield, which can only be good for the team as a whole.I also though Pacheco played well considering his relative lack of playing time this season, and for the right price would another a player to give Wes some competition.In both cases if the price is right I think they''d be good additions to the squad.

Took his goal well.

Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???

I think if we ever were going to sign him it''d have been last summer after his loan period with us.

I expect Arsenal see his future with them and as a result the price to take him would have been too high for Norwich.

[quote user="djc"]Took his goal well.

Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???[/quote]same mistake cost us pt away at leeds few years ago lol

Lansbury and Pacheco signing would still be brilliant, maybe we have more leverage to do so now we''re mid-table Premier League ;)

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="djc"]Took his goal well. Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???[/quote]

same mistake cost us pt away at leeds few years ago lol
[/quote]

Cost us 2 points didn''t it?

[quote user="priceyrice"]Don''t you mean Crofts?? I agree, i have always liked him, just has a touch of quality about him, you can tell he has gone throw the Arsenal ranks. I think if we want him he''s ours if we are willing to stump up the cash, i think his contract is up though. Same with Pacheco, would fill out the squad with 3 quality signings as well[/quote]Oh.. i was unaware of this, i watched the game at Carrow Road, and i can honestly say he looks NOTHING like Crofts! He even done his jig when he scored :)

[quote user="The Young One"]Thought Jackson played very well, wonder why he had Pacheco on the back of his shirt, strange that.

[/quote]

Given the discussion on the "other thread" over the past couple of days Jackson had obviously had a makeover to appeal more, allegedly, to the Norfolk folks who are less tolerant than many with a more cosmopolitan background. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="The Young One"]Thought Jackson played very well, wonder why he had Pacheco on the back of his shirt, strange that.

[/quote]

Given the discussion on the "other thread" over the past couple of days Jackson had obviously had a makeover to appeal more, allegedly, to the Norfolk folks who are less tolerant than many with a more cosmopolitan background. 

[/quote]pmsl

Very good yankee.. i will shake your hand on pulling that out of the bag.

Great night!!

Not read any praise on Vaughan so far though, thought he looked superb.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="djc"]Took his goal well. Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???[/quote]same mistake cost us pt away at leeds few years ago lol[/quote]

[/quote]No, we went from drawing to losing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="djc"]Took his goal well. Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???[/quote]

same mistake cost us pt away at leeds few years ago lol
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, we went from drawing to losing.

[/quote]

So cost us 3 points really then, Leeds gained 2 and we lost 1.  I passed my maths o''levels and \i know that 1 + 2 = 3

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="djc"]Took his goal well. Really poor clearance kick by the Celtic keeper though..... erm, what was his name again???[/quote]same mistake cost us pt away at leeds few years ago lol[/quote]

[/quote]No, we went from drawing to losing.[/quote]

So cost us 3 points really then, Leeds gained 2 and we lost 1.  I passed my maths o''levels and \i know that 1 + 2 = 3

[/quote]It was all a ploy so years later we could plunder Howson and then Snodgrass while giving them Andy Hughes.

Gunner be a clear-out: Arsenal trying to offload up to seven stars in bid to free up transfer cash

Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson,

Sebastien Squillaci and Johan Djourou could all face the axe to make

room for Junior Hoilett, Salomon Kalou, Yann M’Vila

and Steven N’Zonz.

Todays news from the Mirror, i wonder if Lansbury is amongst the palyers???

Lansbury is a better Surman, simple. Creative, strong and full of energy for me he looks a premiership midfielder and one that could hold his position and like Howson etc. his value will shoot up. Yesterday he showed the glimpses of why he is such a good player. I think he and Pacheco would be two fantastic additions.

[quote user="smooth"]Lansbury is a better Surman, simple. Creative, strong and full of energy for me he looks a premiership midfielder and one that could hold his position and like Howson etc. his value will shoot up. Yesterday he showed the glimpses of why he is such a good player. I think he and Pacheco would be two fantastic additions.[/quote]
Bit harsh on Surman, IMO, Surman has looked very good at a premiership level this season whilst Lansbury has struggled to get into a West Ham side (admittedly with the style of football West Ham play any creative midfielder would stand no chance of getting into the team).
Would love to sign him though. Got the right blend of physical and technical attributes to be a success at this level. 

Yeah, I don''t think it''s fair or accurate to say Lansbury is a better Surman.

Surman is much better at keeping the ball and finding yellow shirts and is just generally tidier when in possession.

However, Lansbury does have a little bit more "omph" in his game whereas Surman is a bit more one paced.

I''d be happy to see Lansbury at Norwich again as I think he''d be a good addition to the squad but I don''t think he''d necessarily be someone to be a regular first choice starting player.

I  remember seeing a press conference with Wenger when he was saying that when all the loan players return to Arsenal they will have 37(!) players over the 21 year old threshold. Lansbury is now one of these players so his position in the squad is very much under threat - after another season of performances from the bench in the Championship it seems hard to believe Arsenal think he''ll be able to add much to a club pushing for another season in the Champions League.

I guess there are going to be a lot of players moved out from Arsenal this summer and Lansbury may well be one of them - but the main question for me is where would he fit in our squad and Arsenal are known to pay their young players very well - wages could be a stumling block as I suspect he is already on over £15k a week.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

....Arsenal are known to pay their young players very well - wages could be a stumling block as I suspect he is already on over £15k a week.

[/quote]

When you take the ''cost of living'' factor out there probably would not be that much difference.

Let''s look at this realistically and compare what they already have and the competition Lansbury will face:Central Mid:RosickyArtetaDiabySongRamseyWilshereFrimpongCoquelinOut of those, I''d suggest that he''d only be above Frimpong and Coquelin, both of whom are more defensive players, and there''s not a hope in hell that he''d displace the likes of Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Song or Ramsey.Wingers/Side MidfieldersGervinhoWalcottPark Chu-YoungOxlade-ChamberlainMiyaichiArshavinAgain I doubt he''d rate above anyone bar Miyaichi and possibly Park (Who Wenger seems to be struggling with), and again, there''s no chance he''d be in above Walcott, Ox or even Arshavin.I''d suggest that Wenger knows this, won''t want to take up squad places with a guy who''s unlikely to get a look in, and will instead be happy to move him on for a fair price - the question is how much?I honestly think that 2 mil would be the maximum, as a couple of loans to CCC clubs and virtually no top-flight experience aren''t going to help his case, and I''m sure they''d rather have the money towards paying RVP what he wants...

Surprised to see Denilson on that list, has never really been given a chance at Arsenal. That said, not sure I''d sign him though!

Lansbury, maybe a bit too similar to what we have already, but would definitely fit the bill if we could get him cheapish

If we''re talking about having Lansbury on the right id prefer Tom Ince personally. The thought of him in front of Naughton (would cost a lot a may not be possible) would be immense going forward! Ince has looked really classy on the ball when i''ve seen him, good close ball control with both pace and creativity. Would be great competition between him and Bennett but maybe there are other areas of the pitch (defence) that need looking at first

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]id have Djorou here... better than what we currently have at centre half.
[/quote]......yeah, maybe, but he is on a reported £50,000 p.w. so no chance.