Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Lambert

I have great respect for Lamberts decisions regarding the footballing issues at the club however I do find it a bit strange that he has chosen to have a rant about the speculation on the message board and in the media.  Surely Lambert is clever enough to know that if he comes out and says he is not going anywhere then the interest will move onto someone else?So by having a rant at the fans I find a bit strange as it''s a situation that he had full control over and could have knocked this on the head a couple of weeks ago.All we ask of Lambert is honesty and more openness.  I trust his integrity, now for the openness....

Thank you for starting a new topic to discuss this. The other 5 topics on the subject were getting too full of discussion. I could hardly keep up. [/Sarcasm]

What?

where has he had a rant at the fans? He had a rant at Stewart Jarrold asking about his and Holts futures when it was all about Drury''s Testimonial.

Its my opinion that Lambert is sick of the repeated questioning of his loyalty to Norwich, he shouldnt have to come out every week and say he loves Norwich and has no intention of leaving, or every time a managerial vacancy is in the spotlight.

This is all Media cooked up nonsense, i very much doubt Lambert spends his time on the Pinkun messageboard or listening to Canary Call either.

With regards to openness its none of yours, mine or Stewart Jarrolds business to be honest. Lambert is Norwich City manager, he''s never said he wants to leave and its his prerogative to hold his cards close to his chest whether its his Manager position, future ambitions or player acquisition. Its nobodys business but his and McNally.

Its ridiculous to expect him to come out every week and say i love Norwich, im not going anywhere and im not interested in the managers job at Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea, Burnley etc....

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]What?

where has he had a rant at the fans? He had a rant at Stewart Jarrold asking about his and Holts futures when it was all about Drury''s Testimonial.

Its my opinion that Lambert is sick of the repeated questioning of his loyalty to Norwich, he shouldnt have to come out every week and say he loves Norwich and has no intention of leaving, or every time a managerial vacancy is in the spotlight.

This is all Media cooked up nonsense, i very much doubt Lambert spends his time on the Pinkun messageboard or listening to Canary Call either.

With regards to openness its none of yours, mine or Stewart Jarrolds business to be honest. Lambert is Norwich City manager, he''s never said he wants to leave and its his prerogative to hold his cards close to his chest whether its his Manager position, future ambitions or player acquisition. Its nobodys business but his and McNally.

Its ridiculous to expect him to come out every week and say i love Norwich, im not going anywhere and im not interested in the managers job at Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea, Burnley etc....[/quote]

I was literally just about to say the EXACT same thing.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]All we ask of Lambert is honesty and more openness.  I trust his integrity, now for the openness....[/quote]He''s been completely open as far as we know.If there has been no official approach from Villa et al, then he''s not hiding anything.Let''s also be honest here, if PL came out and said something like "I''m committed to Norwich going forwards, but wouldn''t reject the chance to speak to a ''big'' club" - how many fans would be up in arms screaming about loyalty and commitment?The situation is incredibly simple, and it annoys me that some fans just can''t grasp the concept.Until a major club comes in with an offer that''s too good to refuse, Paul Lambert will remain our manager, and will be fully committed to the job in the process.That''s really as easy as it is. Any ambitious manager will keep their options open, but that doesn''t mean a lack of commitment in their current role.Now FFS can we drop the damn subject...

Why not have Lambert sign a 3-4 year contract, this would stop speculation year-on-year.

[quote user="Dibs"]Why not have Lambert sign a 3-4 year contract, this would stop speculation year-on-year.[/quote]I don''t think it would make much odds.  You''d still have people worrying that he''d just quit if he wanted to.

[quote user="Dibs"]Why not have Lambert sign a 3-4 year contract, this would stop speculation year-on-year.[/quote]Do you honestly think that would mean anything to clubs like Chelsea and Man City?The big clubs can afford big compensation, and the contract in relation to this simply dicates a level remuneration we''re likely to get rather than an assurance of staying...

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]What?

Its ridiculous to expect him to come out every week and say i love Norwich, im not going anywhere and im not interested in the managers job at Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea, Burnley etc....[/quote]I never said anything about having a rant at the fans I said he moaned about the chatter on messageboards.  This to me this is completely different as only a handful of people use message boards compared to Norwich''s overall fan base I would have thought.Lambert would not be so stupid to do a Roedent and critisise the fans.

He doesn''t say anything as it''s just speculation.

It''d come across very big headed to deny it, he''s a realist, a top, top man and truly very honest.

When the day comes that he leaves, it''ll be to either Spurs to replace Harry or Everton to replace Moyes is my gut feeling.

Not remotely worried about Villa, it''s just speculation, Lambert is planning for next season so let''s relax.