Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

How much more?.

How much more money will worthless Worthy waste?.

Helveg, Jonson, Safri, Charlton, Bently (Wage only) Docherty, this seasons signings, are only good enough to be stuck on the bench, or worse, not even deemed good enough for there.

How much longer will he pesit with his farcical obsession with Holt, Flem and Eddie forsaking all others?.

He says this season is about learning. Jeez!, most of us worked out the problem after the first 4 weeks!.

Palace, West Brom and Southampton, all have a chance to stay up, why?. Because their managers first, understand defence. Secondly, attack. And thirdly, how to blend a team.

Inept and confused Worthy, is not the best man for the job (sorry DD!) by November he''ll not be here anyway, thank God, I am very confident of that.

Last season he got lucky, well, now his luck''s run out. Its sad for City, that he has no natual ability to fall back on.

On a final note, his postmatch comments must be written by a comedian, trouble is, we ain''t laughing fool!.

Your spot on there wizard... time for a change, we finished head and shoulders above palace and WBA yet they managed to get a draw against the gunners and are above us in the table .. we dont need the signings he made if he persists on not playing them.

I don''t know why i bother replying but to say he got lucky last year is brilliant.  94 points of luck.

I am now immune to your slagging of Holt, Eddy and Fleming - but please be all inclusive and don''t leave Jonson and Stuart out. 

Don''t call him a fool either.  I thought you cried when personal insults hit this board.

A bit harsh Wiz.

Are you really saying that Worthy took us to Cardiff and got us promoted with ''no natural ability''?

And, as always, if he''s not the best man for the job, would you care to tell us who is? (And make sure that''s someone who is ready willing and able to come to Norwich).

However, I do agree that Safri, Helveg etc are better than Holt, Eddie etc. and I would make some changes for next week. BUT, they are only just coming back from injury so Worthy has to decide whether they can take a full 90 minutes, or even an hour. And even without any natural ability I still trust him to make that call better than me....

Hello wiz.... sir, try to relax... deep breaths...

it would be hard to say that no Canary isn''t sick of losing, and somewhat angry that we are looking deeply at relegation, but i think the problems go deeper than just worthy himself. I agree his team selection has been tedious but even throughout the season when changes have been made, they haven''t seemed to have helped much. Dogged by injury midway, that certainly didn''t help...

I''m sure King Worthy is feelin the pressure, but we wont be getting rid of him come the end of the season me thinks. He may not be well seasoned enough for Prem, but he proved himself Worthy last season to not be given the a*se for Champs! With all the players we''re looking at losing, with Worthy too, I think we''ll be looking at a long wait to return...

C''MON CITY!!

[quote]A bit harsh Wiz. Are you really saying that Worthy took us to Cardiff and got us promoted with ''no natural ability''? And, as always, if he''s not the best man for the job, would you care to tell us w...[/quote]

Whilst you make some tempting ideas in your argument Amarillo, I''m a bit perplexed as to why you STILL think he''s okay for the job.

I''ve said many times before that I don''t have much of a clue as to who''s available to replace him, like all supporters, I''m not privy to that list, like the board are.

But if we talking about types, then a Burly, Strachen, Rednap and Walker type spring to mind.

And I might add, we lost out at Cardiff, through bad defending

Although very boring to sit through, even Megson understood defence, and it hurt me to say that!.

Nobby: Until Worthy grasps the basic principles of defending and new signing''s, I''m sorry, but I''ll still refer to him as a ''fool'', 94 points or not, in a league not blessed with many quality strikers.

Right on wiz....What Worthington did last year, the year before or the play offs..is all history..over done with.. the same errors, tatics, favourites are still there....

whatever league we are in next season..looks like it''s the fizzy.... and auto promotion is no where near a forgone conclusion....give him 10 games and if nowt has changed show him the door...instead of near the end when it is too late.

Many of us had a laugh when Robson was appointed at the whorethorns, but he has instilled some of his fighting quailities..and they are working..13 points from the last 12 games while we have taken 6...and all we hear his talk talk...spin ..spin and more spin...

I like the idea of Strachan- this club needs a bit of fire in its belly. Maybe its all got a bit too friendly such that underachievement is met by a  nice cup of tea and a "well, never mind" rather than a kick up the bum.

HERE WE GO AGAIN WE LOSE A GAME WE SLAG THE PLAYERS AND MANAGER OFF .IF YOUR NOT HAPPY STAY AWAY ,I BET YOU WIZARD WERE RIGHT AT THE FRONT AT THE CITY HALL CHEERING WORTHY AND THE TEAM.

Sorry but I have to agree with the criticism of Mr Worthington. He seems to have severe learning difficulties.

[quote]I like the idea of Strachan- this club needs a bit of fire in its belly. Maybe its all got a bit too friendly such that underachievement is met by a nice cup of tea and a "well, never mind" rathe...[/quote]

I absolutely agree.  He was on MOTD 2 last night and I thought then he has the drive and guts to do the job.

Yes, you can have the negative attitude, but you can also say that he''s made some great signings (in my opinion) on Drury, Francis, Ashton, Mckenzie, Edworthy, Huckerby.. the list goes on.. Yea hes made some mistakes this year, but c''mon lets be positive

I watched West Brom v Everton yesterday.  This game really made me realise how shocking we are at the moment.  Nobody expects anything out of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd etc, but I doubt we''ll even get points off Palace and Southampton at the moment.

West Brom looked great yesterday and always capable of scoring.  I''m not depressed yet as I was pretty sure we would get relegated this season anyway, no matter how well we played, but the last few months have been so poor!

On paper we have a fantastic chance of promotion again next season, even if Green & Francis go, but i''m sure Leicester, Leeds, Wolves, etc etc all thought the same..........

I think Worthy has about 10 games into next season to prove he has what it takes and if it''s not working, we really need to make a change.

I hope he makes it work though!

I have to reply to the King of Latvias comments that we lose a game and then everyone is critiscing the players. God it isn''t as though we have just lost a game we are losing every bl--dy game but it is the way we are losing games that is annoying supporters.

On Saturday we paid Arsenal so much respect that Henry was able to treat it like a training session and take the pee out of us. Our manager seems clueless over tactics and team selection Fleming was outjumped for the third goal and in no mans land for the fourth, marking for the first two wasn''t exactly good.

Worthington may have no experience in the Premiership but neither has Dowie and he took his team to Arsenal and got a draw.

At the beginning of the season I said to both my sons lets enjoy this season and if we have to go back down then so be it I didn''t expect to go down with such gutless negative displays as we have seen just recently. Surely we would have been better playing 4-5-1 and trying to dominate the midfield rather than being totally over run.  

[quote]HERE WE GO AGAIN WE LOSE A GAME WE SLAG THE PLAYERS AND MANAGER OFF .IF YOUR NOT HAPPY STAY AWAY ,I BET YOU WIZARD WERE RIGHT AT THE FRONT AT THE CITY HALL CHEERING WORTHY AND THE TEAM.[/quote]

Although Ridgeman picked up on this, Its not just one game we''re losing, is it King?.

Its every bloody week mate!.

[quote]Although Ridgeman picked up on this, Its not just one game we''re losing, is it King?. Its every bloody week mate!.[/quote]

Actually Wiz I think there''s a little more to it than just the losing.

I believe some of the Worthy detractors could take the losing if, I repeat IF, the team were playing anywhere near reasonably. They haven''t been. Too many of the losses of late have been capitulations - roll over and die type losses. That is what is getting the whingers back up more than anything. We can all take the losing to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U and so on, if the team has shown a little effort and guile. But to perform like a Sunday morning pub side is not what we''d expect.

In all honesty none of us truly believed this season was going to be easy (not even me BedsC) but I did expect a decent fight. 17th wasn''t beyond us - I honestly believe that. To get relegated wouldn''t have been seen as failure. However, if we get relegated bottom with a substantial gap to our promoted rivals I will be sorely disappointed. It''s not the relegation but rather the manner of relegation.

We''ll see how people feel if both Southampton and Crystal Palace give us a doing away from home.