Sign in to follow this  
Danny Sweatman

Ryan Sweatman - Memorial Match Today @Carrow Road...

A huge thank you to everyone who was able to attend today''s Memorial Match for Ryan this afternoon. I am so very, very proud of what Ryan has achieved in his short life and these fundraising events will continue to highlight what an amazing person he was.

The day was captured by ITV Anglia News www.itv.com/news/anglia/2012-05-23/carrow-road-match-in-memory-of-norwich-city-fan/

It really highlights what we are so keen to achieve...raise awareness of meningitis and raise as much money as possible for The Meningitis Research Foundation to one day find a vaccination to eradicate this disease.

Although we are still counting, it looks like we have managed to raise more than £5000 from the day, which is a great achievement and I can only thank you all again for your support with this - family, friends, supporters and players.

I would also like to thank Norwich City Football Club, Phil Lythgoe, Darren Huckerby, Paul McVeigh, Shirley and the The Meningitis Research Foundation team, Sam Meyer who organised the PA system and to the staff at Aylsham High School for organising 200 students to attend today wearing the most incredible yellow rememberryan t-shirts.

One final thank you to my family who continue to be my rock and are the most amazing and strongest family I could have ever wish for.

Please keep the #rememberryan going whether it''s a single donation or your own fundraising event. Please let my family and I know what you are planning as it continues to give us strength. You can also add your own fundraising event to Ryan''s Remembrance Fund by ''Making a page for Ryan'' at www.justgiving.com/remember/3487/Ryan-Sweatman

The next big event for Ryan is my lovely sister''s Dance Show in Norwich...please visit www.facebook.com/events/217468351682422/

as the tickets are going quickly.

Thank you all again for your continued support...my family and I cannot thank you all enough xxx

Saw it on the local news Danny. Congratulations on organising such a successful event in honour of your brother''s memory. I''m sure he would have been very proud of you despite the fact you (did I hear this correct?) you put your penalty into the Barclay!

A fabulous turnout and great fundraising. Keep spreading the message about Meningitis.

OTBC