Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Lambert sub forum

[quote user="morty"]Special rapport with the fans and he loves it here.[/quote]That''s him gone then. [;)]

[quote user="morty"]I think folks should just stop worrying.

[/quote]What are you on Morty?!  He basically just told us that he wants to go, he didn''t rule himself out at all.  LAMBERT OUT! [;)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"]I think folks should just stop worrying.

[/quote]What are you on Morty?!  He basically just told us that he wants to go, he didn''t rule himself out at all.  LAMBERT OUT! [;)][/quote]You''re right.[:(]*Goes off to slash wrists.

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Well that still leaves us none the wiser as to whether he''ll still be here for next season. Thought that was a bit ambiguous myself. If there''s one thing that might just convince him to stay though, it''s us fans![/quote][img]http://quicklol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sir-i-have-had-enough-of-your-shenanigans.jpg[/img]

I think the key point is him saying he''s happy.

Villa/Liverpool/West Brom/Chelsea/Barcelona have to ask permission to speak to Lambert.

McNally will obviously say no.

As PL is happy here, he''s not likely to kick up a fuss and quit/resign and go anyway.

Or perhaps theres more to the interview, and they are going to drip feed it to us?

Seriously they set up a new interview for him to say that. Lambert is going nowhere this summer. He realises how special things are here right now.

If a top six club come after him next summer or we were to get relegated he will go with my best wishes.

ILWT !

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Did you notice he was sitting side on? That''s so you didn''t see his black eye on the far side.[/quote][:D][Y]

I''m away from a Tv screen at the moment, is there a pen and a piece of paper with the words new contract laid on the desk for the next part that ssn are going to show us?

If anyone is waiting to actually witness Paul Lambert swearing on a holy bible that he pledges allegiance to us forever and ever, then they are going to be disappointed.He won''t take the Villa job, but if a better offer comes along he can''t make any promises, its that simple.He''s not going to come out and say "I''ll be here next season" and look stupid if a great offer comes in.

I don''t think this kind of preoccupation would happen at most other clubs I just think its the road that us fans have been on at City and the outposts that we''ve had to travel through on our way to reaching the top table of English football again that is causing it. Had we not been dumped out of the premiership in 95 and suffered to 2004 to get back before dropping 2 divisions again and bouncing back we are probably obsessing too much. We as supporters feel we''ve been wronged on occasions by decisions that have been made (even if they have been made in the best interests) and some people have an irrational fear that should Lambert go another monumental decision would have to be made in order for the status quo to continue.

I don''t see Lambert swearing on a bible either and wouldn''t expect him to, but I just hope he realises and understands why we are reacting in the way we are.

[quote user="morty"]If anyone is waiting to actually witness Paul Lambert swearing on a holy bible that he pledges allegiance to us forever and ever, then they are going to be disappointed.He won''t take the Villa job, but if a better offer comes along he can''t make any promises, its that simple.He''s not going to come out and say "I''ll be here next season" and look stupid if a great offer comes in.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, spot on.

Did he get linked with Burnley twice?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2010/01/09/paul-lambert-i-will-not-be-leaving-norwich-for-burnley-i-m-here-for-long-haul-86908-21953713/

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/paul_lambert_commits_to_norwich_city_1_769536

Reading especially the second it sounds rather similar to what he''s saying at the minute.

The difference? Villa haven''t approached us. Just speculation, nothing to comment on from Lambert''s POV.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I don''t think this kind of preoccupation would happen at most other clubs I just think its the road that us fans have been on at City and the outposts that we''ve had to travel through on our way to reaching the top table of English football again that is causing it. Had we not been dumped out of the premiership in 95 and suffered to 2004 to get back before dropping 2 divisions again and bouncing back we are probably obsessing too much. We as supporters feel we''ve been wronged on occasions by decisions that have been made (even if they have been made in the best interests) and some people have an irrational fear that should Lambert go another monumental decision would have to be made in order for the status quo to continue. I don''t see Lambert swearing on a bible either and wouldn''t expect him to, but I just hope he realises and understands why we are reacting in the way we are.[/quote]

Its an interesting point,  but its a bit like saying we are living in the past.    I can understand that people find it difficult to handle the success we have had in such a short space of time,  but if  anyone is obsessing about holding on to what we''ve got, they really need to re-assess their attitude and understand what is happening now.      Forget the past and  don''t worry about what you can''t control in terms of what may happen in the future. 

PL lives in the ''now'' - he''s said so on many occasions and this is the secret of his success as a manager.   Simply accept what is happening now and focus on the present moment.   At the present moment he is Norwich manager and he has said he is happy here.   Given how we know how he is, this should be enough for anyone.        We are not the same club as we were three years ago.  Accept the changes, understand how the manager thinks and enjoy watching us develop as a club.