Sign in to follow this  
PaddyMcCourt

From a Celtic supporter.

Would just like to say that you and your club did yourselves proud last night. First time I''ve been to Carrow Road, but it certainly won''t be the last.

Cheers for a great night, hopefully we''ll meet again some time soon. Good luck in the Premiership next season!

Thanks for making the long trip down, you guys made the night! Best support I''ve seen at Carrow Road.

Never had a ''2nd team'' before, but I have now!

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Would just like to say that you and your club did yourselves proud last night. First time I''ve been to Carrow Road, but it certainly won''t be the last.

Cheers for a great night, hopefully we''ll meet again some time soon. Good luck in the Premiership next season![/quote]I am feeling a LOT of love between Celtic and Norwich. I''d love to see it become a regular friendly fixture where we alternate home and away.Celtic fans were on another level last night!

It was made even more special by the invasion of the Celtic fans! It created an absolutely amazing atmosphere which Drury truly deserved. It also made me want to come up to Parkhead to experience the full Celtic roar! I know lot''s of Norwich fans want the game to be a regular Pre-Season event now! With the hosting alternating each year!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Thanks for making the long trip down, you guys made the night! Best support I''ve seen at Carrow Road.

Never had a ''2nd team'' before, but I have now!

[/quote]Seconded...amazing support. Good luck to ''em next season.

It''s certainly something I''d like to see, I''ve suggested it to the club and I''m sure a few others will too. Even a two legged affair or a friendly cup of some sort would go down a treat.

Once again though, very welcoming set of supporters and enjoyed myself before, during and after the game. Never been one for following other clubs, but I''m a certified Norwich supporter now!

Fantastic support from the Celtic fans! Full of infectious energy that the Norwich fans thrived on. Only club I''ve seen in recent memory that have made both the South stand and River end join in with the chanting. Some great, great chanting from both sets of fans and when the game ended and both Celtic fans and Norwich fans joined to sing You''ll Never Walk Alone was a memory that will remain with me for a very long time.
This could be the start of a beautiful friendship [H]

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]It''s certainly something I''d like to see, I''ve suggested it to the club and I''m sure a few others will too. Even a two legged affair or a friendly cup of some sort would go down a treat. Once again though, very welcoming set of supporters and enjoyed myself before, during and after the game. Never been one for following other clubs, but I''m a certified Norwich supporter now![/quote]

Have always had a soft spot for Celtic (something to do with the colour green I think and remembering watching the 1967 European Cup Final on TV as a youngster - not to forget the links with players and managers).  Would definitely be a good excuse for a trip to Glasgow if we were to meet pre-season some time.  Good luck on your season next year, particularly if you get Manure or Chelski in the Champions League!!!!

@PaddyYou and the other travelling Celtic fans were outstanding yesterday and very much helped make Drury''s night special and one to remember - and you''ll always have my appreciation for that. Quite how you managed such a wall of sound with the numbers you brought was incredible!Good luck to yourselves for the upcoming season, and more fixtures like that in the future would be great.PS, pass the message on to the rest of your fans, they rightly deserve some top credit for yesterday''s support :D

As I wasn''t at the game last night I have to watch via a stream from my Hotel room.But half the game I was wishing that the Celtic fans would stop singing for a minute so i could hear the Barclay, I was thinking that for the full 90 mins.What a fantastic support Celtic have, went to the last Norwich V Celtic game and so wish we can have another.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]something to do with the colour green I think and remembering watching the 1967 European Cup Final on TV as a youngster [/quote]I thought they were in black and white that day your lordship. [;)]

[quote user="Stretcharm"]I get the feeling Celtic fans don''t want to see Paddy McCourt being sold. Anybody else get that feeling?[/quote]

I didn''t catch the lyrics to that song. Anyone have them?

I wasn''t there but is it the "Fields of Athenry" which I heard them sing on my stream?

This is an old Irish rebel song and is sung at Croke Park before an RU  game.

Best version:  This is by a group called the Irish Famine and can be accessed on YouTube.

"The Wearing of the Green" is another, but I didn''t hear that one.

Those of us with Irish ancestry heard all these on our grandmother''s knee [:D]

I remember the last time the mighty Celtic hit Carrow Road and it was a noisy affair then too.

The thing I like about the Celtic fans is the banter, never abbussive, never threatening and full of humour. Never a dull moment when they are about for sure.

So another one for that thanks to you guys camp. I would pay more to watch ten of those every season. We seem to have a good link anyway with the players that we have signed and you guys have ended up signing. Sutton is a legend for both teams I should think - as well as Lambert ofcourse.

What a night and purely down to the Celtic fans - I don''t think there are many sets of fans that would have attended and given Drury such a cauldron of noise. Have to admit, it brought a tear to my eye that is for sure. It was a big night, Huckerby out again - it just seemed so right that for a real party atmoshpere that Lambert obviously pulled the strings and got you guys down.

Not just a great thing for us, but a great thing for football as a whole. It reminded me of when Scotland were doing better in football and invaded the countries they went to. Party, party, party all day.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lord Horn"]something to do with the colour green I think and remembering watching the 1967 European Cup Final on TV as a youngster [/quote]

I thought they were in black and white that day your lordship. [;)]
[/quote]

Haha..... very true laps!

Don''t sell McCourt. Paddy McCourt, I just don''t think you understand.

Cause if you sell McCourt, Paddy McCourt, you''ll have a riot on your hands!

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Don''t sell McCourt. Paddy McCourt, I just don''t think you understand.

Cause if you sell McCourt, Paddy McCourt, you''ll have a riot on your hands![/quote]Ahhhh, cheers.I had that song in my head all last night!

I can''t believe I just walked past the Compleat Angler and there are drunk Celtic fans sat outside, still singing!

[quote user="Stretcharm"]I get the feeling Celtic fans don''t want to see Paddy McCourt being sold. Anybody else get that feeling?[/quote]

We were after him a few years ago, as were others, but he chose Celtic.

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Don''t sell McCourt. Paddy McCourt, I just don''t think you understand. Cause if you sell McCourt, Paddy McCourt, you''ll have a riot on your hands![/quote]

To what tune????

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Don''t sell McCourt. Paddy McCourt, I just don''t think you understand. Cause if you sell McCourt, Paddy McCourt, you''ll have a riot on your hands![/quote]

To what tune????

[/quote]

Sang to the tune of ''Achy Breaky Heart'' by popular Country & Western crooner Billy Ray Cyrus.

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Don''t sell McCourt. Paddy McCourt, I just don''t think you understand.

Cause if you sell McCourt, Paddy McCourt, you''ll have a riot on your hands![/quote]Im surprised no-one adapted the lyrics for that to be about Grant Holt

Only a minority these days, I''m told. As lame and irrelevant as those 10 German bombers some saddos insist on churning out at Wembley

Gutted not to have been able to make it, Celtic being my ''Scottish team'' since forever, and Mr Drury being a proper NCFC stalwart and gent.

May the SPL championship ever rise to meet you!

[quote user="chicken"]

I remember the last time the mighty Celtic hit Carrow Road and it was a noisy affair then too.

The thing I like about the Celtic fans is the banter, never abbussive, never threatening and full of humour.[/quote]

wonder what Rangers fans might say to that....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="chicken"]

The thing I like about the Celtic fans is the banter, never abbussive, never threatening and full of humour.[/quote]

[/quote]Much the same that Ipswich fans would say about us.....?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]Much the same that Ipswich fans would say about us.....?[/quote]just minus the sectarianism, violence and deaths