Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

LAMBERT SS NEWS NOW :):):):)

From carrow rd today,just said(calmly this time lol) .."Why would i want to leave? I love it here i love the club..I have a fantastic rapport with the fans,and the board..I cant stop speculation but i have never given any indication i wanted to leave"

:):):) Gonna sleep much better now...just a shame Holty cannot say/show the same love...

No more than we already know. Perhaps it will calm down the plethora of overreaction we''ve seen to date.

Top man.  I am a very happy and very relieved man now.  May crack open a cheeky Carling....

Still doesn''t confirm he''s staying... to answer his maybe rhetorical question "Villa will give you some more money to buy players with e.g. £24m for Darren Bent and you''ll get more money too. Plus you''ll have the undoubted potential of some of the underperforming Villa players to tap into and a larger fanbase to get the ''rapport'' with.

I do want him to stay, obviously, but it''s far from over.

[quote user="Phyxius"]No more than we already know. Perhaps it will calm down the plethora of overreaction we''ve seen to date.[/quote]

Exactly what he said in the Burnley statement after all that, there''s been no Villa approach so he can''t say more than he''s said.

Can''t comment on speculation, that''s all it is!

If you watch it you will see why he wants to stay!!! ...He said""i absolutely love it here,why would i want to leave? i have a fantastic rapport with the fans and i love it here"

Sorry to me thats someone who loves it here!!!

And was just now on talking about Holty saying he is sure holt will stay and it will be resolved.. what sort of glass empty glass smashed sort of person are you?  ;)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[/quote]For people like you, it never is over. You will whinge and whine whatever the case - all that happens is you latch onto another pants wetting imaginary scare until the next club sacks their manager and it will start all over again.

Some people get their highs from living on the edge.     The "will he won''t he"  idea is copulsive.   Those people will be disappointed either way, as it means they have to find something else to worry about.................or they''ll just learn to live in the present.  

[quote user="Dicky"]Top man.  I am a very happy and very relieved man now.  May crack open a cheeky Carling....[/quote]

I wouldn''t bother meself, Carling''s rank[+o(]

Just had a nice pint of San Miguel given the scorchio conditions out here in Shef - that''s a proper drink for the heat. 

As for Villa coming in with more funding to entice Lambo away - what planet are you guys on - Lerner has no money to splash - Villa are living on a similar budget to ourselves - nothing of interest to Lambo there.  Get over it!!!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Just had a nice pint of San Miguel given the scorchio conditions out here in Shef - that''s a proper drink for the heat. 

As for Villa coming in with more funding to entice Lambo away - what planet are you guys on - Lerner has no money to splash - Villa are living on a similar budget to ourselves - nothing of interest to Lambo there.  Get over it!!!

[/quote]

A  bit of San Miguel thinking there Sheffield.

Lerner maybe more aware of the purse strings than he once was as MON burnt his yankee doodle dandies big style. However, to suggest that Villa have the same budget as us is stretching it a bit. Lerner is one of the World''s richest after all. He would instantly offer Lambert more than he gets with us, of this I am sure; both wage-wise and budget-wise.

I do agree that there is nothing to interest PL at Villa though and forsee a personality clash between Lerner and Lambert sooner rather than later. I''ll bet the telephone waves between Martin O''N and Paul L. have been particularly active this last week too. 

Also, I can''t see PL happy to be a second (third?) choice for what must surely be a lousy job at this moment in time.

But, this has all been said so many times on this Board already. If think we maybe have a constant need to re-assure ourselves.

Our collective insecurity is almost neurotic. Have another San. M. I''ll have a Tiger.[B]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Still doesn''t confirm he''s staying... to answer his maybe rhetorical question "Villa will give you some more money to buy players with e.g. £24m for Darren Bent and you''ll get more money too. Plus you''ll have the undoubted potential of some of the underperforming Villa players to tap into and a larger fanbase to get the ''rapport'' with.

[/quote]

FFS! [:S]

Ok, this is my mea culpa moment, guilty as charged.

I put two and two together and got two. I said i was only guessing that Holt''s transfer request was linked to departure of Lambert but it does look like that was wide of the mark.

Maybe there was an element of "think the worst then you won''t be so disappointed". I hope this is the end of it.

ILWT (for another 12 months at least!)

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16426_7775918,00.html

this is the link to the video on skysports, it just covers the 30 odd seconds or so the OP mentions, no other q and a.

Lol, Paul Lambert on SSN again!Talking about next season, nothing startling.I guess this is part of operation "stop the pinkun forum soiling itself through worry"[:D]

It''s starting to sound better and better isn''t it? Still not taking anything for granted, but it looks as though all the worrying and panic may have been for nothing. Just hope the GH saga can be resolved if not already to put an end to all the speculation. Looking forward to seeing what gems he and Cully can come up with over the next 3 months.

''If I put targets on certain things the

fans will come here and expect, and if we are not in the top half they

will be calling for my head, so as long as we stay in the league that is

the most important thing,'' he told Sky Sports.

''The chairman has said if we finish

17th next season it will be an incredible achievement, but for me, I

don''t want to finish 17th. "My own target is different, but I know what

the club are meaning by that.

''I have my own targets and I want to finish as high up the league as I can.''

[quote user="Making Plans"]''If I put targets on certain things the fans will come here and expect, and if we are not in the top half they will be calling for my head, so as long as we stay in the league that is the most important thing,'' he told Sky Sports.

''The chairman has said if we finish 17th next season it will be an incredible achievement, but for me, I don''t want to finish 17th. "My own target is different, but I know what the club are meaning by that.

''I have my own targets and I want to finish as high up the league as I can.''

[/quote]

Bloody legend! He obviously doesn''t like to big himself up or work expectations up too high so people are more level-headed but unfortunately the media can take that the wrong way and make the fans c*ap themselves. I personally love the way he works and how he just gets on with it without too much fuss. Long may it continue. Looking forward to some surprise transfers now