Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

FFP - Man City - Wages Exceeded Turnover by £21m!

Tough question really.Theoretically it should help as otherwise the ''big'' clubs will be banned from things like the CL and EL, which costs them a hell of a lot both in income, stature and marketing.That being said, it could provoke the ''big'' teams into really looking into this idea of a breakaway league and then things do get fun...I''d suggest for it to have maximum impact, it needs to be adopted by the relevant domestic leagues throughout Europe, although what this would do to teams who are already struggling financially (lower leagues etc), I wouldn''t like to say...

They have arrogantly ignored the incoming rules and will no doubt reap the deserved wrath of the authorities.

Won''t change a thing imo - Surely all the Abu Dhabi group has to do is announce they are sponsoring Man City for 500mill a season? that gives them free reign to spend what they like, just means the money has to go in as a sponsorship payment rather than a direct investment on whatever paperwork is necessary

[quote user="kick it off"]Won''t change a thing imo - Surely all the Abu Dhabi group has to do is announce they are sponsoring Man City for 500mill a season? that gives them free reign to spend what they like, just means the money has to go in as a sponsorship payment rather than a direct investment on whatever paperwork is necessary[/quote]Exactly, there is always ways around that rule. Also this rule will create an even bigger divide between clubs like Norwich and Manchester United, whilst at the moment we can always live in the hope that we will get taken over by a sugar daddy which will allow us to compete at the top. This rule will mean having a sugar daddy will be pointless as our turnover will be nothing compared to Liverpool, Man Uniteds and Arsenals global popularity, it will create a bigger divide than we have ever seen before in my opinion. I actually find it quite refreshing to have teams like Man City being able to compete at the top.

[quote user="kick it off"]Won''t change a thing imo - Surely all the Abu Dhabi group has to do is announce they are sponsoring Man City for 500mill a season? that gives them free reign to spend what they like, just means the money has to go in as a sponsorship payment rather than a direct investment on whatever paperwork is necessary[/quote]

The FFP rule state that any sponsorship above market rate (which will be determined by an independent body, probably Deloitte) will be discounted from the clubs income - thus stopping rich owners from pulling this trick.

[quote user="kick it off"]Won''t change a thing imo - Surely all the Abu Dhabi group has to do is announce they are sponsoring Man City for 500mill a season? that gives them free reign to spend what they like, just means the money has to go in as a sponsorship payment rather than a direct investment on whatever paperwork is necessary[/quote]

Apparently not. i asked this question before and somebody kindly pointed out something about that loop hole being closed and market rate. The big question for me still remains about the fact that 3rd part ownership of players being banned here but allowed in europe putting them at a hugh advantage to our teams who have to pay the full value of a player rather than a fraction of his worth.

the big teams wont be penalised in any way....there will be ways around this... "off shore accounts", "Sponsorship" etc...Man City will be signing whoever the hell they want and it will all get swept under the carpet... they are a big team and the big teams set the rules y''know!

When millions of pounds are at stake FFP will turn out to be BS, because no end of loopholes will be sniffed out to get around things.

Teams like Real Madrid make ridiculous losses year upon year. Are UEFA honestly going to turn around and kick them out of the Champions League?

Actually, Real Madrid has the highest revenue in world football and made a profit of 46 million euros in 2010/11 and have made around 200 million euros profit in the last 6 years. So no they wont be kicked out.

Man City should be, but I expect they aim to be in the super high earning category before any of the FPP rules are applied.