Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Dani Pacheco

He REALLY loves us. There really is no justice in the world if he''s not at FCR come August.

https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/206331046814425089

https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/206345857853952001

Seems like a no-brainer. Pretty clear he''d love to come back, wouldn''t count towards the 25 man squad and would probably be available for peanuts. Looked sharp in the testimonial too. Great understudy for Wes.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He REALLY loves us. There really is no justice in the world if he''s not at FCR come August.

https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/206331046814425089

https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/206345857853952001[/quote]

For us non twitter ppl could u post what he says?

Unfortunately he is 21 now so would count towards the squad. He clearly loved it here and wants to come here. Whether PL wants him we will see, there seems to be suggestions we were after him to come back last summer. For whatever reason he didn''t have a great season in Spain, but I thought he showed a lot of potential in the games in the championship. If that pushes the cost down, even better, I imagine if PL does want him it will happen as Liverpool had already agreed to offload him. We got Ayala for less than a million apparently so I''ll be happy if we get Dani for similar as I think he could be a great player for the future.

I think the picture of him chilling on the beach in NCFC shorts says loads. Maybe I''m reading too much into it but I think he''s saying he wants to come here. See what you think, click here for the picture. (if my link works)

Absolutely agree. You wouldn''t wear NCFC shorts on your hols unless you wanted to send out a signal. We''d do it because we love the club and want to be associated with it. We''d even give certain parts of our anatomy if that we could have a playing career at NCFC. That''s what fans do. Pacheco is clearly saying something along these lines. I think he''d be here in a heart beat if something could be worked out. He''d be great back up for Wes and now that Liverpool will be having a clear out and the Spanish side don''t want him I hope Lambo puts a bid in for him. Could be a real bargain!

[quote user="Mahogany"]Seems like a no-brainer. Pretty clear he''d love to come back, wouldn''t count towards the 25 man squad and would probably be available for peanuts. Looked sharp in the testimonial too. Great understudy for Wes.[/quote]I thought he looked totally out of his depth in the Testimonial.  As he couldn''t get in the team when we were in the Championship I fail to see why we would sign him now.  He may want to play for Norwich, but so do I

You can''t judge Dani on the testimonial! He''s hardly played all season and played 45 minutes in a team full of former players and players who have been on the edges of the squad most of the season.

Judge him on this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nE14YqFwvY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He clearly has ability and bags of potential under the right manager, let''s not forget that Liverpool signed him from Barca so he''s clearly got something about him. Plus he clearly loves us and wants to come here.

Sign him up!

I love a good story like this - a player who actualy gives a toss!! Brilliant!!But unfortunately I have to agree with Dylanisabaddog :(

Said it before and still believe we should sign him up.I think he has everything to become a tidy premeirship player, his movement, quality on the ball is there to see. You can tell he has trained and learnt his trade at one of the finest youth systems in the world. Get him fit and you will have a great understudy to Hoolahan and I think would play alot next season in our midfield. I also think his value will increase massively and a bigger club would come a looking and we could get a lot of £££ back.Still think if he and Lansbury were here this year they would have grown and been stand-out players in our midfield. Two great young players that we have had the pleasure to play in the yellow and green and show real class. Hope something could happen. Imagine a midfield group of Howson, Johnson, Pacheco, Pilky, Snoddy and EB learning together... add two gritty midfield generals and then your midfield can be set for a few years.Be a great addition, his love for the yellow and green is amazing

[quote user="smooth"]Said it before and still believe we should sign him up.

I think he has everything to become a tidy premeirship player, his movement, quality on the ball is there to see. You can tell he has trained and learnt his trade at one of the finest youth systems in the world. Get him fit and you will have a great understudy to Hoolahan and I think would play alot next season in our midfield. I also think his value will increase massively and a bigger club would come a looking and we could get a lot of £££ back.

Still think if he and Lansbury were here this year they would have grown and been stand-out players in our midfield. Two great young players that we have had the pleasure to play in the yellow and green and show real class. Hope something could happen. Imagine a midfield group of Howson, Johnson, Pacheco, Pilky, Snoddy and EB learning together... add two gritty midfield generals and then your midfield can be set for a few years.

Be a great addition, his love for the yellow and green is amazing
[/quote]

I can''t stop thinking of what Dani''s goal celebration would be like playing for us against Liverpool, think he would go Ape in front of the Cop.Yes I would love to see him back here, a bit part is better non at all with the reds. 

It''s strange how people see things differently, I thought his movement and the space he made for him self against Celtic was amazing for a player who hasn''t played a lot of football this last year.

[quote user="Harry"]It''s strange how people see things differently, I thought his movement and the space he made for him self against Celtic was amazing for a player who hasn''t played a lot of football this last year.[/quote]Completely agree

i love him but he was off the pace and kept losing the ball, he did find space but in that game it was easy to find space celtic allowed far too much wouldn''t be like that in any old game.

Surely the only real debate here should be about price?He''s clearly got the talent, clearly wants to be here, so it must come down to how much Liverpool will want, and after a relatively disappointing loan spell in Spain and them not having the purchase offer taken up, it would surely put us in a strong bargaining position.Come on PL and DM - make it happen :)

I''d be shocked if we''d have to pay more than a million for him. The fact that Madrid had an option to buy shows that Liverpool don''t see a future for him at Anfield. How much did we pay for Ayala, about 800k? Can''t see them turning down a similar offer.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I''d be shocked if we''d have to pay more than a million for him. The fact that Madrid had an option to buy shows that Liverpool don''t see a future for him at Anfield. How much did we pay for Ayala, about 800k? Can''t see them turning down a similar offer.[/quote]

Agree. Liverpool clearly don''t want to keep him and have other things on their mind atm.

I would love us to get in there quickly with a cheeky offer.

Re: The player himself. I see him as a classy, hard-working little ball player in the Spanish mold who has a perfect attitude, especially towards our Club. He would be an asset IMO.

His career has stagnated because he seems to have been messed around of late by his parent club and then by Athletico. The double-loan bit must have been a bit of a kick in his pellets especially. Hardly the ideal way for a young player to develop his potential. He probably got a bit dispirited and this may have been the reason for his longing for the relatively good time he had at City, as brief a cameo as it was.

Once settled and happy, we should see the best of him and we could have a little gem on our hands. Come back to the nest little Dani, Paul and Co. will look after you.[:''(][:''(]

The boy is class. He did OK v Celtic and bear in mind it was a) a makeshift City team and b) he hadn''t played with any of them as team mates for a season. Someone said he arrived by train not long before the game so didn''t even get a kick around session.

We can easily afford the transfer fee I''m sure. Like Whitbread, it will be all about the wages his agent demands - but the signs look hopeful.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Mahogany"]I''d be shocked if we''d have to pay more than a million for him. The fact that Madrid had an option to buy shows that Liverpool don''t see a future for him at Anfield. How much did we pay for Ayala, about 800k? Can''t see them turning down a similar offer.[/quote]

Agree. Liverpool clearly don''t want to keep him and have other things on their mind atm.

Re: The player himself. I see him as a classy, hard-working little ball player in the Spanish mold who has a perfect attitude, especially towards our Club. He would be an asset IMO.

His career has stagnated because he seems to have been messed around of late by his parent club and then by Athletico. The double-loan bit must have been a bit of a kick in his pellets especially. Hardly the ideal way for a young player to develop his potential. He probably got a bit dispirited and this may have been the reason for his longing for the relatively good time he had at City, as brief a cameo as it was.

Once settled and happy, we should see the best of him and we could have a little gem on our hands. Come back to the nest little Dani, Paul and Co. will look after you.[:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Have to agree with you about the transfer fee and the fact that he has obviously been messed around more than he deserves.

Basically, he''s just been really unlucky- sent out to A. Madrid, after a regime change at Liverpool, with a view to a permanent, followed swiftly by a regime change at Madrid, which led to a further loan to Rayo, who in turn underwent a regime change. Out of all of that he was the one left holding the broken end of the bottle. Can''t be good for a young man.

At the best of times, I think he''s someone who requires more carrot than stick when it comes to motivation. Right now, what Lambert needs to do (if we sign him) is put an arm round him and tell him he''s still good.

However, I get the feeling that neither he, nor anyone else, knows exactly what sort of footballer he is or how best to play him. That''s his big problem.

He''s got bags of technical ability- on a par with his friend''s Thiego Alcantara and Oriol Romeu. However, I just get the feeling that he doesn''t know how best to utilise them.

Its something that I know- should he sign- would get sorted out by Lambert and co. But it will require patience from all concerned (including us).

I think hes a great player, that 1, we could get on the cheap 2, he will be happy on 10-15 k a week 3, after a couple of seasons he''ll be worth a lot more than what were likely to pay for him and thats even if he wanted to move clubs because from the impression you get he loves the club and would be quite happy to stay with us for the foreseeable future. I for one hope we do get him he already shows passion for the club and he won the golden boot so if we can get him back to that former level. What a player we will have on our hands. Also is he the player that Lamberts said hes looking abroad for?? we dont know but he was in Spain not that long ago wasnt he

[quote user="Binky"]The boy is class. He did OK v Celtic and bear in mind it was a) a makeshift City team and b) he hadn''t played with any of them as team mates for a season. Someone said he arrived by train not long before the game so didn''t even get a kick around session. We can easily afford the transfer fee I''m sure. Like Whitbread, it will be all about the wages his agent demands - but the signs look hopeful.[/quote] Is it really about the wages his agent demands. What if he said to his agent ''''I  really want to move there". Can his agent really stop him??? i dont know

[quote user="Militant Canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Have to agree with you about the transfer fee and the fact that he has obviously been messed around more than he deserves.

Basically, he''s just been really unlucky- sent out to A. Madrid, after a regime change at Liverpool, with a view to a permanent, followed swiftly by a regime change at Madrid, which led to a further loan to Rayo, who in turn underwent a regime change. Out of all of that he was the one left holding the broken end of the bottle. Can''t be good for a young man.

At the best of times, I think he''s someone who requires more carrot than stick when it comes to motivation. Right now, what Lambert needs to do (if we sign him) is put an arm round him and tell him he''s still good.

However, I get the feeling that neither he, nor anyone else, knows exactly what sort of footballer he is or how best to play him. That''s his big problem.

He''s got bags of technical ability- on a par with his friend''s Thiego Alcantara and Oriol Romeu. However, I just get the feeling that he doesn''t know how best to utilise them.

Its something that I know- should he sign- would get sorted out by Lambert and co. But it will require patience from all concerned (including us).[/quote]

Quality post

The below is taken from Liverpools web site on a page that reports how their loan signings did this season. Quite an interesting read. (Link is here: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-on-loan-during-2011-12)

Dani Pacheco

The Spanish forward spent the season on loan in La Liga with Rayo Vallecano.He was originally snapped up on loan from Atletico Madrid who instantly sent him to Vallecano for the campaign.He was mainly used as an impact player coming off the bench and he made 11 appearances in total for the Spanish capital club.

^Seems like he didn''t get to play much football. Which is a shame because I''ve always thought he was class.