Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Lambert - Some Key points

Firstly i have just got 3/1 on Lambert becoming the next Villa manager. Great value.

Lamberts last 2 words yesterday were "good luck". Why would he say that? To end a speech by saying that is extremely ominous.

A couple of weeks back PL went on record saying "im not sure how much further I can take the club on our budget. Im not sure if the talent is there in the lower leagues." (Or words to that effect....)

PL has been looking abroad but we just cannot afford the players we want.

Yesterdays post match question on his future was the perfect opportunity to set the record straight. He chose not too. Either the comments above are challenging the board to match his ambition or he is off.

Personally......its the latter. I hope I am wrong.

As to those saying "why Villa!?" You are extremely short sighted. They are a club in the "bracket" above us with Everton and Newcastle. It would be a step up and their fan base (something that PL values) is huge. He inherited JBA, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Nelson and Theoklitos...at Villa he will inherit Bent, Ireland, Given and Dunne.

Its scary to think what he could do with those players....

Go get the 3/1 to soften the blow.

Tin hat on.......

I think it''s still too early to say with any certainty what might or might not happen. I highly, highly doubt Villa have been in contact with Lambert or Norwich yet (they still had a manager last time I looked, but probably won''t by the time I finish this sentance) and there will be a period of them drawing up shortlists etc etc before an approach is made.

I imagine Lambert to be someone who has always kept his options open - he won''t say ''I''m not leaving'' unless he knows that as a fact and he doesn''t know what will happen over the summer. In someways the attitude everyone is frustrated with is just Lambert being honest - he doesn''t know his future as much as anyone of us don''t know ours. If something comes along he thinks is favourable he''ll go for it and I think that has been the case since he first came into the club.

No one here really knows the situation at Villa, they aren''t rolling in cash and paying of McLeish won''t be cheap. They may favour a currently unemployed manager to reduce costs or Lambert might look at the budget and the amount of restructuring needed and not fancy it.

I not sure I understand your comment about ''not being able to afford'' players from abroad when they are generally cheaper than domestic players - would certainly not cost £2.5m for 3rd tier German or French players like it did with Pilkington and E. Bennett.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Firstly i have just got 3/1 on Lambert becoming the next Villa manager. Great value.

Lamberts last 2 words yesterday were "good luck". Why would he say that? To end a speech by saying that is extremely ominous.

A couple of weeks back PL went on record saying "im not sure how much further I can take the club on our budget. Im not sure if the talent is there in the lower leagues." (Or words to that effect....)

PL has been looking abroad but we just cannot afford the players we want.

Yesterdays post match question on his future was the perfect opportunity to set the record straight. He chose not too. Either the comments above are challenging the board to match his ambition or he is off.

Personally......its the latter. I hope I am wrong.

As to those saying "why Villa!?" You are extremely short sighted. They are a club in the "bracket" above us with Everton and Newcastle. It would be a step up and their fan base (something that PL values) is huge. He inherited JBA, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Nelson and Theoklitos...at Villa he will inherit Bent, Ireland, Given and Dunne.

Its scary to think what he could do with those players....

Go get the 3/1 to soften the blow.

Tin hat on.......

[/quote]If you want to throw some more money away, you can drop it into my PayPal account.

Note you mention Villa''s 4 "best" players,You forget to mention Lambert also inherited Drury, Lappin, Hoolahan, Holt, Russell, Otsemobor, Mcveigh, Smith, Doherty, Cureton, Martin, Hughes. All players that had played at a higher level than League 1, a team which under the right guidance was more than capable of promotion. He was then given funds to add some decent players at that level.

I do agree people saying Villa aren''t a step up are deluded, but the people reading between the lines are just as deluded.

Lambert has shown time and time again you cannot take a every word he says literally. He''s reacted to all speculation about himself and players in the same manner. Yes it drives you crazy but that''s Lambert. Colchester did warn us.

Sitting at CR watching Colchesters 7th goal fly in, you wouldn''t of even dreamt what has happened. WE''VE JUST FINISHED 12th IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!

The day he leaves is the the day i''ll worry.

Until then...

I would suggest that if you have money to waste, you would be better employed trying to find a suitable Charity. 

If Lambert wanted to go then why bother going out and getting Ryan Bennett and Howson ? I think people are reading far too much into it , what has actually happened apart from Villa getting rid of their manager ? Lambert is building something here and i for one think he will see it through .

A quote from Lambert dated Saturday 12 May:

Lambert himself expects no let up when the final whistle goes tomorrow with the planning already taking shape for next season.

The

City chief will step up his recruitment drive along with finalising the

club’s pre-season schedule - minus the usual summer training trip to

Germany.

“I’m not going to tell you at the minute (where we are

going),” he said. “Some of the games are already lined up. There is a

good possibility of that (continental opposition at home) and one or two

away. It will be the normal routine to get fitness and get people fit.

(Adam) Drury’s testimonial game puts things back because we have the

Celtic match and hopefully they bring their normal crowd coming down

here and probably take over the whole of Norwich for the night. That is

obviously a game he deserves to get so we’ll be back in July. I know

where we are going and what is happening. Everything is in place.”

Doesn''t sound like someone dashing to the door to me?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Bump....

Lapp/Tilly/Gazza/graham....remember where you heard it first.

Just hope you put the bet on.[/quote]What do you want a fu(king round of applause?I hate smug told you so twerps. Do one.

Who pissed on your cornflakes Andy.

It''s obviously been bumped for everyone that dismissed his advice. You didn''t so it doesn''t concern you so I suggest you "do one, you twerp"

CUSDP- as reliable as ever, just the Twerps that spoil this site.

[quote user="Albinozak"]Who pissed on your cornflakes Andy.

It''s obviously been bumped for everyone that dismissed his advice. You didn''t so it doesn''t concern you so I suggest you "do one, you twerp"

CUSDP- as reliable as ever, just the Twerps that spoil this site.[/quote]Oh I thought it was bumped to remind everyone where they heard it first... Whatever gave me that idea?......

Andy''s a bit upset. He and his ilk bury their head in the sand and then overact when the writing on the wall comes to be. Basic human failing in all sorts of areas:

Stage one: Fingers in ears....na na na..nothing bad will ever happen

It happens

Stage Two: Grr, stamp, I hate everybody, my faith in human nature is shattered

Lesson? Read the signs in a realistic way and plan for likely scenarios, which we may not like but...that''s life folks

Like you, CUSDP, I got 5/2 on PL for Villa, then last night I got in before it closed on skybet and put another chunk at 1/4, then it disappeared but now he is back to 1/10.

But I would still be more than happy to lose the bet. Unless he leaves us and goes nowhere!

I always like sa little risk and reward senario and if it turns out to be then good on you. But would this have been the case had OGS not turned down the job?

Can''t believe PL would go for a job where he was not 1st choice.

[quote user="dpit"]Andy''s a bit upset. He and his ilk bury their head in the sand and then overact when the writing on the wall comes to be. Basic human failing in all sorts of areas:

Stage one: Fingers in ears....na na na..nothing bad will ever happen

It happens

Stage Two: Grr, stamp, I hate everybody, my faith in human nature is shattered

Lesson? Read the signs in a realistic way and plan for likely scenarios, which we may not like but...that''s life folks[/quote]Hush you dweeb. You know absolutely nothing about me.

Humble dweeb, humbled by your comment. I suppose I could always follow the link to your site if I wanted to find out more about you but you''re quite right, I''m happy in my ignorance.

Love Hushed Dweeb

[quote user="can u sit down please"]He''s the no1 target.[/quote]I''d take him now. But wouldn''t be happy. But I think he''s our best choice. Him or Curbs.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Agree andy.

Im not too excited with the names being banded about tho.[/quote]I wish people would stop suggesting Steve Bruce and Malky... If they weren''t former players we''d not consider them so why are they considered more because they once played for the club? Surely we want to recruit on potential to do the job well, not sentimental value.Look at how well Gunn worked out.