Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Jacob Butterfield

Despite what it might seem, I believe this guy more than most others. He isn''t someone who has a reputation for making up BS rumours just because he can so I believe him slightly more, I would believe him even more if he named his source, but I understand if he feels he could get involved in a legal issue if he reveals his source.
If I do come across as harsh, well sorry, I admit I didn''t mean to be that harsh with some statements I made, but I can''t change that now.

This one has got a good feeling about it, fingers crossed the medical (prepared to believe as it does sound creditable) has gone well.

Cruciate ligaments tend to be a 6-9 month recovery depending on the extent of the damage, pace of rehab etc. If the injury happened January we could start seeing him in team best case, start of the season, worst November ish. Young leader in centre midfield. Pop him next to Howson and we''re happy days!

On second thoughts recovery is more like 9-12 months. Shame it wasn''t his medial ligament :(

Oh well, we might not have been able to get him if he wasn''t injured and we may struck gold like Pilkington

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I wouldnt bother next time mate. Trust him I say. I do.[/quote]

Have you heard anything on this one?

On Football Manager in 2015 he was bought for 4.4 million by Derby, managed by........Paul Lambert!

It is true your damned if you do and damned if you don''t on some of these threads, i too heard from a Club contact that a medical was taking place and one can assume that if it get''s to the medical stage then terms are already agreed with the player. I wasn''t told the players name as my contact rightly wouldn''t want to be dropped in the shit so kept that info to themselves, but mentioned that is was a good player with great potential. As usual the club are very good at signing players without it being in the press days or weeks beforehand which can only be a good thing as we aim to get the best deal for our football club.

Best not be to replace Howson!! Cant play alongside, both a bit similar and neither over 6 foot. Would love him in the team though, really improves the squad and with Wes looking like he''s heading for the door i would be very happy if this is his replacement

Hoolahan on his way out? Have I missed something? And seriously not taking the p..s.

[quote user="jedi"]Hoolahan on his way out? Have I missed something? And seriously not taking the p..s.[/quote]maybe, maybe not jedi, to do with this house thing, another poster mentioned it the other day, it''s on another thread, forget the title, like 6 pages long, but i heard confirmation of it today, but as others have pointed out on another thread the source isn''t 100% reliable since it is a private estate agent.

Not overly sure why anyone is mentioning Hoolahan and on his way out in the same sentence??

Anyway, back to topic, I''ve seen this from several sources so I believe it, why not eh?! Here''s to hoping we can get our first signing soon, would cost a fee even though he is out of contract as only 22

But even if he did have a medical, doesn''t mean he will definitely sign, I know that Rhodes had a medical on deadline day in January at Carrow Rd

I love it when people demand to know someone''s source. Proper winds me up.

Divulging the name of your source on an Internet message board would not only probably end your friendship with your source but would guarantee you not being told anything ever again and more importantly could get your source I''m trouble.

Believe, or don''t believe, that''s your choice but don''t call someone a bullshitter just because they don''t want to risk someone''s job or their friendship just to please you, it only makes people who do have genuine information that they''d like to share with fellow supporters not bother.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I love it when people demand to know someone''s source. Proper winds me up.

Divulging the name of your source on an Internet message board would not only probably end your friendship with your source but would guarantee you not being told anything ever again and more importantly could get your source I''m trouble.

Believe, or don''t believe, that''s your choice but don''t call someone a bullshitter just because they don''t want to risk someone''s job or their friendship just to please you, it only makes people who do have genuine information that they''d like to share with fellow supporters not bother.[/quote]

Seconded - agree 100% Mr Brownstone

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I love it when people demand to know someone''s source. Proper winds me up.

Believe, or don''t believe, that''s your choice but don''t call someone a bullshitter just because they don''t want to risk someone''s job or their friendship just to please you, it only makes people who do have genuine information that they''d like to share with fellow supporters not bother.[/quote]
I didn''t demand anything, I asked for the name, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence. 

Hard not to agree with you there Mr Brownstone. Either we want people to divulge information or we don''t, and this place would be rather boring if no one bothered for fear of being slated. There isn''t really much point in having message boards if people don''t have things to discuss, so people do please keep it coming - otherwise we''ll just keep gong round the Delia/Chase and investment-or-not arguments even more frequently than we already do. No one wants that, surely.

Agreed. Its going to be an interesting week next week with the players returning to training and two new faces in the crowd.. :) A sign of things to come as the board and new manager get the NCFC wheels turning once again :) OTBC.

"Look, if you name the player in a PM or something I''ll back off and apologise for my behaviour. You could be telling the truth, but I''m fed up of people posting rumours but not confirming their sources."

Seems pretty demanding to me Gareth. As I said, why should he risk his source''s friendship or job for you?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"Look, if you name the player in a PM or something I''ll back off and apologise for my behaviour. You could be telling the truth, but I''m fed up of people posting rumours but not confirming their sources."

Seems pretty demanding to me Gareth. As I said, why should he risk his source''s friendship or job for you?[/quote]
Because I''m special [:P]
In all honesty? He shouldn''t, looking back at that it certainly wasn''t my finest hour. I think spending time on this message board has made me rather cynical about all transfer news (looking at you BW) and I lashed out at someone, who lets face it, doesn''t take part in the usual stirring.
So I''m really sorry for my actions and essentially calling him a liar, especially when he has done nothing to deserve it. I''m a big enough man to admit when I''m wrong and I was wrong. He has my apology, it''s up to him to accept it now, although he has no pressure to do so.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"Look, if you name the player in a PM or something I''ll back off and apologise for my behaviour. You could be telling the truth, but I''m fed up of people posting rumours but not confirming their sources."

Seems pretty demanding to me Gareth. As I said, why should he risk his source''s friendship or job for you?[/quote]
In all honesty? He shouldn''t, looking back at that it certainly wasn''t my finest hour. I think spending time on this message board has made me rather cynical about all transfer news (looking at you BW) and I lashed out at someone, who lets face it, doesn''t take part in the usual stirring.
So I''m really sorry for my actions and essentially calling him a liar, especially when he has done nothing to deserve it. I''m a big enough man to admit when I''m wrong and I was wrong. He has my apology, it''s up to him to accept it now, although he has no pressure to do so.
[/quote]Good man, could do with more posters who admit when they are in the wrong.i think this signing could very well be true, coming from a lot of different sources, would be a good player for the club, but like i have said already, i expect he is replacement for Wes (sorry to keep harping on)

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"Look, if you name the player in a PM or something I''ll back off and apologise for my behaviour. You could be telling the truth, but I''m fed up of people posting rumours but not confirming their sources."

[/quote]Good man, could do with more posters who admit when they are in the wrong.[/quote]
Very true - well done Gareth. You may well be proved right or wrong in time - but does it really matter? It''s good though to see someone with a little humility that isn''t afraid to back down when they feel they are in the wrong, rather than the usual petulant responses more often seen on here. [Y]

Would be a good signing. He is announcing on monday from his twitter where he will be going. Welcome aboard Eden

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Butterfield signed last night, it will be announced Monday.[/quote]

Amazed this seems to have been ignored so far given the rest of the threads content!  I hope you''re right Mr Carrow - as long as he stays fit will be good addition to the squad and at least Korey should be able to help him settle in.

The Barnsley forum seem to think it is definitely us he is coming to - some are holding out hope we will loan him back as a result of the good rapport beetween the clubs over Korey''s loan.  Can''t see this myself - well not immediately, but could happen later in the season if he is not getting a look in but if that is the case would be a waste of money.  As others have said any new players being bought now should be better than what we have - not squad players. 

an interesting signing if this comes off.again looking at those potantial players available on a free or at the end of their contracts. Good pieces of business. Leaving funds for key positions in our team that need to be filled.Roll on the rest of the transfer window, always so good

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Seems odd to announce Whittaker and not Butterfield[/quote]

Presumably because Butterfields Barnsley contract expires today?

Chris Hughton does have a reputation when it comes to signing free agents. Almost half his Birmingham team that went to the play offs were brought by him in the free agency, the more I think about it, the more likely this deal seems. I would like us to sign Butterfield, he''s exceedingly composed on the ball and could turn into one hell of a deep-lying playmaker in the right hands.  

Now Hughton has got the job I might get some dribs and drabs of information on potential signings, due to being a relative of one of his best mates from Newcastle who was a coach there. But due to the amount of trolls on this forum I wouldn''t actually disclose any information (if I had any, which I haven''t currently) because you just automatically get shot down, although to be fair there are so many wind ups on here claiming they have information that I can see why. Jacob Butterfield would be a quality signing if its true, with him and Howson in the squad we have two potential future England players in our line up.