Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Jacob Butterfield

Very good young player but heavily linked with a number of other clubs including Newcastle and Villa to mention at least two.We also need to see how he''s recovered from his injury, but I''d expect a big price and strong competition for his signature if he decides to leave Barnsley.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"], but I''d expect a big price and strong competition for his signature if he decides to leave Barnsley.
[/quote]

Fairly sure he''s out of contract (or doesn''t have long left on it) so it might be a lower price than you''d expect.

[quote user="GJP"]Fairly sure he''s out of contract (or doesn''t have long left on it) so it might be a lower price than you''d expect.[/quote]Fair point, although with the likely competition involved, this is potentially going to push the price up further due to a possible bidding war.Chances are however that if a ''big'' club like Newcastle come in, he''s more likely to go for the big money move than come to us where he could potentially develop better for a stronger long term career.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="GJP"]Fairly sure he''s out of contract (or doesn''t have long left on it) so it might be a lower price than you''d expect.[/quote]
Fair point, although with the likely competition involved, this is potentially going to push the price up further due to a possible bidding war.

Chances are however that if a ''big'' club like Newcastle come in, he''s more likely to go for the big money move than come to us where he could potentially develop better for a stronger long term career.

[/quote]

Well then, if that were to be the case I guess we''d be better of without him.

If it''s one thing we''ll continue to need it''s heads on shoulders.

OTBC

I think this is still on the cards - but Jacob has not made a final decision on where he wants to be next season.

I heard this from a current player who said he did not see him personally but heard he was in the canteen after having a medical.

[quote user="jeagle"]

I think this is still on the cards - but Jacob has not made a final decision on where he wants to be next season.

I heard this from a current player who said he did not see him personally but heard he was in the canteen after having a medical.

[/quote]
Name please?

[quote user="jeagle"]

Could he be our first summer signing?

[/quote]he could...Ronaldo "Could" be our first summer signing.I "could" find £2million buried in the garden..we "Could" all find ourselves living in a matrix reality...what ever happens will happen... we can speculate til the cows come home.

The guys on here who know who I am will back me up that I know a couple of players - so I don''t need to name a source. I''d be foolish to get him in trouble for rumour mongering (and chances are I''d never be told things like this again).

And yes Jas, you could, but I think mine is more likely.

Have fun on your message board boys, thats my 2 posts for the next 2 or 3 months done. Always nice to feel welcome.

[quote user="jeagle"]

The guys on here who know who I am will back me up that I know a couple of players - so I don''t need to name a source. I''d be foolish to get him in trouble for rumour mongering (and chances are I''d never be told things like this again).

And yes Jas, you could, but I think mine is more likely.Have fun on your message board boys, thats my 2 posts for the next 2 or 3 months done. Always nice to feel welcome.

[/quote]
Typical. A completely unsubstantiated rumour, that when called for the simplest of facts is responded with ''lol guy I know someone''. 
If your going to post bullsh**t then you might as well get out. 

[quote user="jeagle"]

And yes Jas, you could, but I think mine is more likely.Have fun on your message board boys, thats my 2 posts for the next 2 or 3 months done. Always nice to feel welcome.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info jeagle but was this sighting recent or pre Lambert''s departure? If the latter then could it be possible the move is no longer on the cards as he was a Lambert target?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="jeagle"]

And yes Jas, you could, but I think mine is more likely.

Have fun on your message board boys, thats my 2 posts for the next 2 or 3 months done. Always nice to feel welcome.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info jeagle but was this sighting recent or pre Lambert''s departure? If the latter then could it be possible the move is no longer on the cards as he was a Lambert target?

[/quote]

First sighting when Lambert was still here but apprently in for a medical yesterday.

I don''t want to bite too much but good one Gareth. Maybe one day you will get a real friend too...bless.

[quote user="jeagle"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="jeagle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First sighting when Lambert was still here but apprently in for a medical yesterday.

I don''t want to bite too much but good one Gareth. Maybe one day you will get a real friend too...bless.

[/quote]
Look, if you name the player in a PM or something I''ll back off and apologise for my behaviour. You could be telling the truth, but I''m fed up of people posting rumours but not confirming their sources.

Someone has said the same thing on Twitter but with a different source - a friend who works at Colney. I''m not saying that because of this I believe it, but hopefully there is something in it.

I couldn''t give a s*** whether you tell us the name of the player or not. It''s probably better for the player and yourself to not name him to be honestIf it happens then well played and I''m sure everyone will be waiting for more info from you on other potential players coming in/going outIf you''re like BW however, then you will be correctly abused and hounded on the forum

Either way, I think it''s only fair to give you a chance and you sound decent enough so fingers crossed this comes off because the player certainly seems highly rated and a free transfer is always a bonus;) Cheers for sharing the info dude

If your fed up of rumours then why are you looking on message boards like this?? It''s only logical that there will be plenty flying around at this time of year. Jeagle is only saying what he had heard so give the guy a break.  

At the end of the day there are people out there that know players and their agents, a lad i worked with was best mates with an agent that represented half a dozen players in the North west, i never heard a Norwich related story but did get a few second hand amusing tales and transfer news before it happened.

Alas the nature of this board and the amount of idiots we have had like BW in the past, tends to tar everyone with the same brush , if this turns out to be true then a good signing i think but if it doesnt then if you hear anything again its probably best not to post it for the abuse you will receive....

Someone who works at Carra. (think he also posts on here too) "Anyone know why Delia, MWJ etc have turned up at Carrow Rd? Standard meeting or announcement imminent? If so, what? " Could this be our first signing?

[quote user="alysha"]Someone who works at Carra. (think he also posts on here too) "Anyone know why Delia, MWJ etc have turned up at Carrow Rd? Standard meeting or announcement imminent? If so, what? " Could this be our first signing?[/quote]

It should be clarified that the ''Someone who works at Carra'' does not work for the club and is purely a sighting of the aforementioned people... whoever that someone might be... ahem...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="alysha"]Someone who works at Carra. (think he also posts on here too) "Anyone know why Delia, MWJ etc have turned up at Carrow Rd? Standard meeting or announcement imminent? If so, what? " Could this be our first signing?[/quote]

It should be clarified that the ''Someone who works at Carra'' does not work for the club and is purely a sighting of the aforementioned people... whoever that someone might be... ahem...

[/quote]

Don''t think Delia and MWJ being at Carrow Road would be indicative of a player signing about to happen. They don''t usually attend players signings. Would think it would be dealt with by Hughton and McNally. Probably just a board meeting.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

Don''t think Delia and MWJ being at Carrow Road would be indicative of a player signing about to happen. They don''t usually attend players signings. Would think it would be dealt with by Hughton and McNally. Probably just a board meeting.

[/quote]

Quite probably, to be honest. Thinking about it I seem to remember Mr Fry tweeting about this time last month that he was on his way to Norwich for a board meeting (presumed NCFC)... I remember it because it was sod''s law that it was one of the few days I was away from the office!

The lack of noise from Archant staff suggests its not a presser, but it could be one of those photo ops they do with new signings, where Delia stands by as the new signing holds his new shirt aloft?

Just a thought...

If we are signing Butterfield then i would expect it to come out over the weekend/early next week because:

1. he has told the Barnsley Chronicle today that things should happen over the next couple of days and he will make his decision (saying he will only leave to go to a prem club); and

2. His Barnsley contract expires this weekend.

[quote user="hans moleman"]If your fed up of rumours then why are you looking on message boards like this?? It''s only logical that there will be plenty flying around at this time of year. Jeagle is only saying what he had heard so give the guy a break.  [/quote]
I''m not saying I''m fed up with rumours, or people who make suggestions as to who we could sign, but I am fed up with people who claim to have an inside source and then refuse to divulge any information about the source. If he can''t give me a name then why should I believe him?
I was a little harsh to him, and I apologise for that, but I''d rather someone name a source, or just give a clue, then say that ''other people'' (can the other people be named?) will know that he''s telling the truth. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="hans moleman"]If your fed up of rumours then why are you looking on message boards like this?? It''s only logical that there will be plenty flying around at this time of year. Jeagle is only saying what he had heard so give the guy a break.  [/quote]
I''m not saying I''m fed up with rumours, or people who make suggestions as to who we could sign, but I am fed up with people who claim to have an inside source and then refuse to divulge any information about the source. If he can''t give me a name then why should I believe him?
I was a little harsh to him, and I apologise for that, but I''d rather someone name a source, or just give a clue, then say that ''other people'' (can the other people be named?) will know that he''s telling the truth. 
[/quote]You don''t have to believe him mate. And he doesn''t have to name anyone - why should he? If he thinks it could get them in trouble then why the hell should he tell us? He''s said it''s a player and that will have to do I guess. It''s better than ''a friend who knows someone who works there'' or ''a news reporter I know''.

For now, there''s no real reason to believe or disbelieve him..just got to wait like we do with all the other people who say they know someone. It''s very plausible we''ve put in an offer as he''s highly regarded, young and his contract is imminently about to expire. Plus he plays for Barnsley so his current wages aren''t going to be sky high.

Fingers crossed it IS true

I understand what your saying Gareth, it is frustrating. However, for those rare 1/100 people who actually do have a source (that''s worth listening too), they could be letting down a friend/ getting them into s**t by giving a name. They come on here give a name because their excited by it but cant go the whole hog and give a source name.

As others have said it''s all the BS from random certain posters that ruins it for the odd genuine poster.

Anyway, with regards to the player, he''s clearly highly rated and expected to move (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17626554). So we could have a potentially very good signing on the way. It could be rubbish. It would be good to have some signing news though being inpatient as we all are in the close season!

Gareth, I understand it''s annoying and I know everyone with a rumour says ''I can''t say who told me'' etc.

Ultimately I don''t know if this guy is signing or not, all I have heard is that he was at Colney yesterday and having a medical. I was also told that my mate also met Chris Hughton yesterday and found him very polite and they chatted for a while about last season. It seemed they were both very positive for next season.

At the end of the day I am a fan/season ticket holder like many others on here.

Re: my credibility (not that I am seeking acceptance - just backing up my earlier comments), ask CUSDP or Larry David - both know me and who I know.