Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Could you see Norwich having a black manager within the next 20 years?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Give peas a chance.

I cannot affect a) sadly, but i can answer a direct question, i wasn''t aware that i had missed anything?

I never said Norfolk is a hot bed for racist activity, i said that the outside view is of that nature. And to be fair, you''re not helping it by using that same view to paint me as a racist... You going to use the ''rural norfolk'' line against me too?

Oh.. wait... yes, i see you''ve agreed with Morty ''completely'', well done.. contradicted yourself there matey!

Nice spade by the way![/quote]

Thanks for the spade compliment, I''ll let you borrow it seeing as you seem to be taking that route rather than being sensible and retracting your original statement!

City1st, i''m asking the question! I don''t know! I don''t live in the city!

However, i''m pretty aware that it''s predominately white, with white middle class attitudes. I''m not implying that they are racist attitudes, it''s just different to how a black lad growing up in 1970''s South london would be.

And when the going gets tough, and crap is being said and written about you, i personally would like to be with people who i can fully relax and be myself. Going to the places that make me happy.

Shaker Maker no one goes to Norwich unless you got a reason to. All i see is white English people. imagine if these black gangs all decide to get the train up there, things would get nasty and a lot of racist remarks, but in a place like Manchester or Birmingham the people would accept them more. Because that is what you get up there.

*Pulls ''give peas a chance'' out his hole*

So come on then, i''m standing here waiting, what questions have i danced around?

If you want me to dig, chuck some mud my way and see if it sticks.

Morison''s Prozac - Do me a favour mate, it''s a question not a white movement.

If there was any apologising to do i would hold my hands up!

" i personally would like to be with people who i can fully relax and be myself"and that is determined solely by their skin colour /?

I think we all know where you are coming from and I suspect most will know what your motives are - the old dog whistle trickthe old ''probability'' cover story has now long gone and it''s simply a case of seeing how far you can stir the race question and what comments you can get posted up on a Norwich City forum - guilt by associationpossibly seen as some clever trick in the circles you move in, but it''s one that is almost as old as timebest move on and try it elsewhere as it''s fallen pretty flat here

Speaking from experience, I have relatives that are not white and none have ever suffered any racism at all in Norfolk.In my experience, in many other parts of the country people are far more judgemental.My group of friends include people that are wealthy and people that are quite poor. Some are black, some are white, and all colours in between. Not one person cares at all about colour of skin, how wealthy they are, which religion, where they shop, or whatever. All that matters is what they are like as a person.

Morty continually asked you what problems you could forsee with having a black manager in charge of NCFC...you continually danced around the subject....

Fantastic you eventually answered it, I don''t think you can be classed as a racist, I just think you have shown yourself up to be immature and completely naive about this subject.

You have tried to get out of it by saying that it wasn''t your opinion and you were trying to ascertain the people of Norwich''s views on the possible appointment of a black manager, maybe you were but I find your comments completely inappropriate and offensive.

I can''t believe you are so ignorant I have to explain this to you....you either are completely unaware of how contraversial your first post was or you are just trying to s**t stir....I don''t know what it is.

There would have been so many ways you could''ve wrote your OP....maybe I might have a go myself in a separate post and you can rate it? What do you say? I would hate to patronise you!

I live in the city and I see plenty of non white folks, are you sure you have been to Norwich London Canary?I''m flabbergasted that the OP can see no fault with the first post, in this day and age, yes Norfolk may be multiculturally lagging the rest of the country, but by 20 years? Lol, I don''t think so.

The issue for me Morty is Chris Powell or any other manager should be judged on their skills as a manager not the colour of their skin and the ''difficulties involved?!''

What has skin colour got to do with it and why has the OP bought it up in the first place?

So err, do you reckon we could get some kind of grant if we had a ''minority'' manager?  If there were rather tasty grants to be had, every club would have a ''minority''. Of course you''d have to have a scale of grant depending on your ''minority'' manager. A disabled imo would be worth more than a Afro Caribbean, but not as much as a gay. A disabled gay Afro Caribbean would be like hitting the jackpot. All that compared to a normal white man, you get f**k all for them, common as muck.  I reckon it''d be a good idea for social inclusion within professional football.

I''d hazard a guess that the simple answer to the original question is "Yes" and i''d have also said "yes" if you''d asked me the same question twenty years ago. You ought to spellcheck more if you can''t differentiate between the words calibre and colour.

aha! Damn! I''ve been rumbled, i''m some trickster now who uses a Norwich forum to gather white members under the guise of a football supporter, incredible detective work there City1st!!

I made it clear that it''s not entirely defined by race, but is obviously a contributing factor, it''s the seed of your existence, who you are - and thats to be embraced, not dismissed!!

However, There are many differences between what a black lad growing up in south london would have installed into him and a white middle class lad in Norwich. I don''t know if you truly accept that or not?

I probably wont even get a straight reply either way, as you''ll be too busy looking for something that you can copy and paste out of context and jump on.

I''ve sent the above comment to:

www.kickitout.org

www.thejustincampaign.com

www.disabilityfootball.com

I''m sure they''ll be very interested in your compelling ''idea''

every time there is a chance for a negative debate which could turn into a positive one, a facking useless cretin (usually jewish cowboy) has to turn up and try and make a ''joke'' and bring us crashing back to the 1980s

Its not appropiate and its not funny...

skijumptoes, i''ve read your OP 3 times and I''m sorry I fail to see how you questioning whether it would be ''ok'' for us to have a black manager is being ''taken out of context''

Let me keep this very simple for you:

You ''pigeon-holed'' a manager because he was black

I don''t believe you''ve fully explained your comment ''i could understand the difficulties involved''

Another quote from you ''I can''t see it happening for a long time...if ever'' - what?

What is now? 6 pages long and you still don''t get it.....

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]aha! Damn! I''ve been rumbled, i''m some trickster now who uses a Norwich forum to gather white members under the guise of a football supporter, incredible detective work there City1st!!

I made it clear that it''s not entirely defined by race, but is obviously a contributing factor, it''s the seed of your existence, who you are - and thats to be embraced, not dismissed!!

However, There are many differences between what a black lad growing up in south london would have installed into him and a white middle class lad in Norwich. I don''t know if you truly accept that or not?

I probably wont even get a straight reply either way, as you''ll be too busy looking for something that you can copy and paste out of context and jump on.[/quote]There is nothing whatsoever "out of context" about your original post.You implied that racism is alive and kicking in rural Norfolk, and went onto imply that a manager wouldn''t be accepted here for a very long time, if he was black.And now you are desperately waffling, and trying to make light of it all. to try and wriggle out of the fact that what you posted was frankly racist.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I''ve sent the above comment to:

www.kickitout.org

every time there is a chance for a negative debate which could turn into a positive one, a facking useless cretin (usually jewish cowboy) has to turn up and try and make a ''joke'' and bring us crashing back to the 1980s

Its not appropiate and its not funny...[/quote]Why are you so rude? You are my friend are blatantly anti semitic and have reported your comment www.justiceforjewishcowboys.tv

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I''ve sent the above comment to:

www.kickitout.org

Its not appropiate and its not funny...[/quote]Why are you so rude? You are my friend are blatantly anti semitic and have reported your comment www.justiceforjewishcowboys.tv[/quote]

If you believe the majority of this board think your original comment was funny or normal then I retract calling you a facking useless cretin.

Otherwise please stop trying to turn it on me, you and I both know your original name on here was Jewish Cowboy before you lost another argument and changed it like the pussy you are.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I''ve sent the above comment to:

www.kickitout.org

Its not appropiate and its not funny...[/quote]Why are you so rude? You are my friend are blatantly anti semitic and have reported your comment www.justiceforjewishcowboys.tv[/quote]

If you believe the majority of this board think your original comment was funny or normal then I retract calling you a facking useless cretin.

Otherwise please stop trying to turn it on me, you and I both know your original name on here was Jewish Cowboy before you lost another argument and changed it like the pussy you are.[/quote]Behave Jez and stop over reacting. You never change. You bang your drum at the slightest whiff of perceived racism. Yet you''re always free and easy with childish name calling.

And it would seem you never change COMPLETELY avoiding the subject!

As I say if your original comment was deemed to be ''acceptable'' I will of course offer a full retraction of my insult to you...but to be completely honest I think it''s fair game considering your original comment.

You have blatantly not read my posts on this subject, skijumptoes is not a racist and I firmly believe he is either ignorant or a s**t stirrer.

Jewish Cowboy, I can assure you I''m not free to call people ''childish names'' but if you make an incredibly insulting immature (childish) joke, then expect something similar in response.

It would appear it is you that never changes....

Yes - in what other sense could it be taken? If it was supposed to be a joke then it was an epic fail my friend.

In answer to your question no, don''t take this as an insult but why hasn''t your carer turned your computer off yet?

Give Peas a Chance.

"In your opinion" i''m immature and completely naive, you mean.

You''re very assuming.

Let me tell you something, i watched the world at war documentary to the point that i was sick (I mean physically) and in tears.. But i watched all 26 as i felt so strongly about the atrocities that happened that i needed to get a full education from it. I could NEVER watch them again, and anyone who thinks being a Nazi is ''cool'' or is ''whats needed'' should educate themselves.

I''ve studied black history from getting into hip hop (nwa, public enemy etc.) when i was 12/13, and used to give to a black charity down in the old indoor market near toysrus (Soundclash used to be in there), it got to the point where people used to ask me why i wanted to be black and really took the pish.

I''ll go on, My biggest hero is Muhammad Ali, the guy is an absolute inspiration.

I also took a beating at College for standing up for an aborigine lad who was on my course, despite knowing the odds were well against me, i couldn''t turn my back.

I''m not quoting these points to claim i''m not a racist, as they''re just words and can''t be used to that effect. But it''s an attempt to show that YOUR assumption that i''m immature and naive are wide of the mark.

You, and a few others have ''presumed'' from the start that i''m a racist, and that i don''t want a black manager - Not one second have you really ascertained from which side of the fence i''m coming from because of your own naivety. And now i''m having to explain to YOU because you''re so bloody narrow minded sat atop your pedestal.

I Lack the experience of living in the city, however, and those views were what i was trying to achieve when making the post.

As i said in an early reply i was pleased that the initial reaction was to question why i saw him as a ''black manager'', and not just a ''manager'' - However, the sad fact is that many saw this ''black'' label that i gave as a negative, when it''s not.

With that in mind, i don''t know where it leaves us as i''m left shocked.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yes - in what other sense could it be taken? If it was supposed to be a joke then it was an epic fail my friend.

In answer to your question no, don''t take this as an insult but why hasn''t your carer turned your computer off yet?[/quote]If I said.''Pop next door to see how old Mrs Smith is''.What would your answer be?

unreal....I thought I''d seen it all on here!

I actually don''t believe your a racist skijumptoes but you just don''t understand why your OP COULD HAVE been perceived in that way, Thats where I''m at with the debate and that''s where I''m going to leave it because your just being silly now.

I struggle to see how I am being naive or narrow minded but hey ho, I think your most recent post backs up the theory your on the wind up so perhaps another good reason to leave it.

Yes Morty I have been there loads of times for games and to see family there,

I just don''t see what is wrong with the the first post. In what way is it racist? I jus''t don''t get it.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yes - in what other sense could it be taken? If it was supposed to be a joke then it was an epic fail my friend.

In answer to your question no, don''t take this as an insult but why hasn''t your carer turned your computer off yet?[/quote]If I said.''Pop next door to see how old Mrs Smith is''.What would your answer be?[/quote]

I would question your mental state

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yes - in what other sense could it be taken? If it was supposed to be a joke then it was an epic fail my friend.

In answer to your question no, don''t take this as an insult but why hasn''t your carer turned your computer off yet?[/quote]If I said.''Pop next door to see how old Mrs Smith is''.What would your answer be?[/quote]

I would question your mental state[/quote]Could be two answersA) 81B) very well

Moral of the story if somebody says something you may read it one way, but it actually means another.Good night.