Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Could you see Norwich having a black manager within the next 20 years?

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote the following post at 05/10/2013 2:14 AM:

Am I the only one who cannot see the slightest bit of relevance between the OP and the incident on facebook a few days ago?

The OP pretty much asks whether Norwich fans would accept a black manager (bizarre theme), the incident a few days ago saw an Ipswich fan make a racist comment.

So why was this bumped exactly?

No your not the only one New Boy, the OP is "bizarre" as you call it, at the very least, and certainly did not deserve to be bumped.

But there you go, unfortunately there are some amongst us

who whilst maybe well meaning are unable to see the irony.

It''s a bit of a dilemma Herman, but shall make no further comment.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But what if he shouts you lazy b@stard but only shouts it when the player is black. That will not be so readily jumped on by the people around him but is evidence of ingrained racism. [/quote]

What if that player is a lazy player who just happens to be black as well?

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But what if he shouts you lazy b@stard but only shouts it when the player is black. That will not be so readily jumped on by the people around him but is evidence of ingrained racism. [/quote]

[/quote]
He''ll shout it several times then.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I don''t know why you isolated those lines from the rest of my post or what point you are trying to make. If the guy ONLY shouts it when the player is black that surely means he''s either a racist or you think that only black players are lazy which would mean that yo...

Let''s not go there.

The kick it out coupled with fans policing of those around them has gone a long way to getting rid of racist insults. But in my opinion has not done nearly as much to eradicate the racism behind those insults.

Well well well

This thread was always likely to rear it''s ugly head again

And it appears that the OP is not the only person who doesn''t understand the issue at hand.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I don''t know why you isolated those lines from the rest of my post or what point you are trying to make. If the guy ONLY shouts it when the player is black that surely means he''s either a racist or you think that only black players are lazy which would mean that yo...

Let''s not go there.

The kick it out coupled with fans policing of those around them has gone a long way to getting rid of racist insults. But in my opinion has not done nearly as much to eradicate the racism behind those insults.

[/quote]

Nutty, these things you mentioned might have resulted in less racist incidents occurring at football matches. I don''t think they could ever stop the motive behind the incidents, as I think very few people change their minds about issues like this later in life, do they?

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Let''s not go there.

[/quote]

Nutty, these things you mentioned might have resulted in less racist incidents occurring at football matches. I don''t think they could ever stop the motive behind the incidents, as I think very few people change their minds about issues like this later in life, do they?[/quote]

Some people maybe not Mr Angry. But from my perspective the majority of older people are not the dinosaurs your post seems to imply. Also my experience is that racism isn''t just the property of a particular age group so the problem won''t go away after a particular generation dies out. A big step in the right direction would be a broader understanding that the insults, although wrong, are not the root of any racist incident.

I didn''t mean any age group in particular Nutty, I think that most people''s racism is instilled at an early age-probably by the age of 18-and it would take something extraordinary to change their viewpoint.