Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Could you see Norwich having a black manager within the next 20 years?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good to see you posting Muddy[Y]

Now what do you people reckon about us getting a woman football manager? Shouldn''t be a problem should it? There are lineswomen so we will soon have lady refs. There are lady physios. According to some on here we are awash with lady fans. And of course we are owned by a "giggly cook".

I think our very own Joan Bond or Michelle Walker could be just around the corner...

[/quote]

Hi Nutty - things been hectic here and it was proving difficult to get my naps in on time.  Life just sometimes turns out to be hectic....and a bit sh*t.....for a while only I hope.

[quote user="London Canary"]How is he racist Morty? He is just asking whether it would be a problem.[/quote]Whether ''what'' would be a problem ?

[quote user="City1st"]" Everytime the PC brigade"

Yes, the PC obsessives are everywhere

Hedgehog flavoured cucumbers, winterful conker fights

you name it, there''s a media outlet to make it up for them

my uncle''s neighbour was prattling on last month about how ''that there political correctness'' had caused the hosepipe ban

one step up from having everything blamed on Eurasia or Oceana, I suppose - and less offensive than blaming Jews as done previously

[/quote]

Now now City 1st,  you know thats a load of cock! People who believe they are sticking up for the minorities by over complicating things and making mountains out of molehills are - unfortunately - very real and you know it.  Shame, I was just starting to agree with you on things.

''THIS'' problem, look at you all wetting yourself, i''ve not even said anything racist!

I''ve only asked the question and it''s kicked off comments about ''rural norfolk'' from fellow supporters within minutes!

My question is one of probability, not racism.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]''THIS'' problem, look at you all wetting yourself, i''ve not even said anything racist!

I''ve only asked the question and it''s kicked off comments about ''rural norfolk'' from fellow supporters within minutes!

My question is one of probability, not racism.[/quote]You have underlying racist values, you just don''t realise.Seriously thats like something your grandad would come out with, but you excuse it as he''s old and from a different era.So, why do YOU think we won''t have a black manager any time soon?

" making mountains out of molehills "exactlythere''s plenty of money to be made in pandering to societies need for a scapegoatit''s just that social conditions and expectations have thrown up another ''demon''one more suited to a victim based culture

I believe the gist of the outcry is regarding the fact that for many people the colour of the manager is incidental.  His aptitude is the only important thing.

Do I have underlying racist values by saying that I love Norwich city and its surrounding areas because everything about it is English, no foreign shops saying ''''24 hour continental food store'''' for example, and that you know what sort of people your going to get, just nice English people. When I go to Norwich it is just a breath of fresh air, a truly great English city. Its a shame that there aren''t many about, most cities have lost their identities nowadays. Might move there because you know what your going to get instead of some grimy little London borough.

[quote user="City1st"]" making mountains out of molehills "

exactly

there''s plenty of money to be made in pandering to societies need for a scapegoat

it''s just that social conditions and expectations have thrown up another ''demon''

one more suited to a victim based culture

[/quote]

Are you deliberately sitting on the fence?  That could be construed 2 ways.  Depending on which side of the fence you reside.  You are trying to say that people whinge about the PC brigade because they need a victim to demonise yes?  Now I don''t even think you believe that do you?  Really?  You agree with the removal of the word black from many objects or phrases, or do you deny that it''s happened?  Because you are wrong on both counts.

I would rather argue your obvious, simple retorts with arms tied. Let''s work on the pretence that i''m a raging racist shall we? Makes things easier for you now i''m pigeon holed.

So, to carry on, Why don''t i think we''ll have a black manager soon?

Simple.. The chances of it happening are very slim.

....And you?

[quote user="London Canary"]Do I have underlying racist values by saying that I love Norwich city and its surrounding areas because everything about it is English, no foreign shops saying ''''24 hour continental food store'''' for example, and that you know what sort of people your going to get, just nice English people. When I go to Norwich it is just a breath of fresh air, a truly great English city. Its a shame that there aren''t many about, most cities have lost their identities nowadays. Might move there because you know what your going to get instead of some grimy little London borough.[/quote]You obviously haven''t been down Magdalen Street any time recently.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]!

I''ve only asked the question and it''s kicked off comments about ''rural norfolk'' from fellow supporters within minutes! [/quote]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I don''t know what perception the club has outside of East Anglia - I

would imagine that we''re seen as a middle class bunch of racist imbreds?

Personally don''t have an issue with it... However, i could

understand the difficulties involved. So with that in mind i just can''t

see it happening for a LONG time... if ever!! 

Wondered what everyone elses thoughts are, especially those who live in the City. (I''m out in the sticks).

[/quote]Whereas you made no comment about ''rural norfolk''or it''s difference to the City ? No comment about the area as a whole ? No associating possible racism with the colour of the manager''s skin ?Yours was merely a question of probability that just happened to include a whole heap of loaded statements and inferences.I don''t think you are as dumb as you try to come across as, nor do I suspect am I the only one who can see that - or guess at your motive.

Many people have called me racist for that, but I just see it as wanting to be around familiar people to where I was brought up around English people. That is what I love about Norwich as a club, Proper English club, proper English fans unlike a Arsenal or a Man United.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I would rather argue your obvious, simple retorts with arms tied. Let''s work on the pretence that i''m a raging racist shall we? Makes things easier for you now i''m pigeon holed.

So, to carry on, Why don''t i think we''ll have a black manager soon?

Simple.. The chances of it happening are very slim.

....And you?[/quote]Tell you what, show your post to a black friend, I assume you have a token one, and see what he thinks it smacks of.You implied the chances are slim because theres some kind of racism going on thats unique to our county.I could give a fig what colour our manager is. As said by others I would like to think he''d be picked on ability, not colour.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]''THIS'' problem, look at you all wetting yourself, i''ve not even said anything racist!

My question is one of probability, not racism.[/quote]

Apologies it sounded like you were saying that we would''nt appoint a black manager if they were the outstanding candidate for the job. In terms of probability I think there will be an increase in time throughout the game in England. The game in the 90s/00s is much more ethnically diverse than it was in the 70s and 80s.  Eventually players from the 90s/00s will retire, do their coaching badges and graduate into management meaning the amount of managers of different etnicities will increase.  

Morty - completely with you here mate

Our OP friend has made an incredibly racist post and:

a) the usual suspects have backed him up on it with the usual comments, ''PC Brigade'' etc etc

b) the OP dances around the questions asked without actually answering them

Now skijumptoes this can go one of two ways, you can apologise for your obvious racist remark or implementation that Norfolk is a hot bed for racist activity, say you didn''t understand the point and you have been very naive....or you can keep digging, I hear B&Q are doing a sale on shovels perhaps you should get down there!

Ignoring the ''token'' black friend comment...

The chances are slim because there''s very few black managers coming through the ranks...

On top of that, out of all the up and coming managers that are available, how attractive is the Norwich job were it to come up? I''m sure many would see our success being the managers doing and could be deemed a tough job that an experienced manager who can deal with existing squads would be more suited to.

With this in mind, and the onslaught that managers can receive when things go wrong, would a black manager be more likely to feel more comfortable in a more cosmopolitan city if the going got tough? I don''t know, which is why i was curious as to other people''s wider-eyed thoughts.

Like i say, the question is of probability, and was curious as to other people''s thoughts on the factors that could affect it. Wasn''t necessarily looking for a character assessment. But thanks all the same! xx

If Lambert does leave hughton is mcnastys first choice do yes we would...

Incidentally Robinson is 2nd choice.....

"would a black manager be more likely to feel more comfortable in a more cosmopolitan city if the going got tough?"

which supposes that this not so cosmopolitan city would see him as a ''black'' manager rather than as a manager(my advice to you at this stage would be to stop digging)

Give peas a chance.

I cannot affect a) sadly, but i can answer a direct question, i wasn''t aware that i had missed anything?

I never said Norfolk is a hot bed for racist activity, i said that the outside view is of that nature. And to be fair, you''re not helping it by using that same view to paint me as a racist... You going to use the ''rural norfolk'' line against me too?

Oh.. wait... yes, i see you''ve agreed with Morty ''completely'', well done.. contradicted yourself there matey!

Nice spade by the way!

[quote user="London Canary"]Norwich is racist more so than most places, its twenty years behind the rest of the country, in twenty years it will be just like every other multicultural city.[/quote]LOLThis should be interesting.... My Dad''s side of the family arent english and I''ve never had an issue.

[quote user="London Canary"]Norwich is racist more so than most places, its twenty years behind the rest of the country, in twenty years it will be just like every other multicultural city.[/quote]I don''t know when the last time you went to Norwich was but it is as racially diverse as nearly every other city in england, not the white dominant "paradise" you crave.And I think OP should give in and apologise now because this could get very ugly.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Give peas a chance.

I cannot affect a) sadly, but i can answer a direct question, i wasn''t aware that i had missed anything?

I never said Norfolk is a hot bed for racist activity, i said that the outside view is of that nature. And to be fair, you''re not helping it by using that same view to paint me as a racist... You going to use the ''rural norfolk'' line against me too?

Oh.. wait... yes, i see you''ve agreed with Morty ''completely'', well done.. contradicted yourself there matey!

Nice spade by the way![/quote]

Thanks for the spade compliment, I''ll let you borrow it seeing as you seem to be taking that route rather than being sensible and retracting your original statement!