Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Could you see Norwich having a black manager within the next 20 years?

Perhaps skijumptoes can start talking about ''the difficulties involved'' with Hughton''s appointment?

[quote user="Jacko"]

In the next 20 years I want the best candidate available to get the managerial position at Norwich City whenever it becomes available. Everything else is completely irrelevant.

[/quote]

Just going to say again what I said right at the top of this thread. I believe that Chris Hughton is the outstanding candidate for this job. So I am delighted. Everything else is irrelevant.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Perhaps skijumptoes can start talking about ''the difficulties involved'' with Hughton''s appointment?[/quote]I look forward to this.[Y]Lol, could this be the biggest ever Pinkun forum foot in mouth moment, ever?

I think the 24 page nonsense started by our "French" troll could soon have some competition. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think the 24 page nonsense started by our "French" troll could soon have some competition. [:D][/quote]
Now might be a good time for morty to pop over to Morrison''s to stock up on popcorn and Doritos.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Perhaps skijumptoes can start talking about ''the difficulties involved'' with Hughton''s appointment?[/quote]I look forward to this.[Y]Lol, could this be the biggest ever Pinkun forum foot in mouth moment, ever?

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/275/129/e09.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think the 24 page nonsense started by our "French" troll could soon have some competition. [:D][/quote]
Now might be a good time for morty to pop over to Morrison''s to stock up on popcorn and Doritos.
[/quote]On my way[Y]

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Ive quickly browsed through the responses to this post so I apologise if this has been pointed out before but Chris Hughton is a ''Black guy'' ![/quote]He int.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Ive quickly browsed through the responses to this post so I apologise if this has been pointed out before but Chris Hughton is a ''Black guy'' ![/quote]He int.[/quote]e iz

If Chris Hughton ain''t a black guy please tell me what race you believe he is ?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/06/3152569/norwich-granted-permission-to-speak-to-birmingham-boss?

Shoes just how backwards some folk in Norfolk can be !

Never mind all this, what problems will crop up with a manager who was a member of the Workers Revolutionary Party.

Grab the pitch forks

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]If Chris Hughton ain''t a black guy please tell me what race you believe he is ? http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/06/3152569/norwich-granted-permission-to-speak-to-birmingham-boss? Shoes just how backwards some folk in Norfolk can be ![/quote]

Born in London, presumably with Irish parentage he is described as "mixed race".

Now get this thread dropped, before he sees it and changes his mind about coming.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Perhaps skijumptoes can start talking about ''the difficulties involved'' with Hughton''s appointment?[/quote]I look forward to this.[Y]Lol, could this be the biggest ever Pinkun forum foot in mouth moment, ever?[/quote]
Maybe something along the lines of this perhaps?
[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/racism-statement-031013-1093159.aspx[/url]
And yeah, massive foot in the mouth moment for all those implying that a race issue wouldn''t arise.  Perhaps people can start waking up now?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Perhaps skijumptoes can start talking about ''the difficulties involved'' with Hughton''s appointment?[/quote]I look forward to this.[Y]Lol, could this be the biggest ever Pinkun forum foot in mouth moment, ever?[/quote]
Maybe something along the lines of this perhaps?
[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/racism-statement-031013-1093159.aspx[/url]
And yeah, massive foot in the mouth moment for all those implying that a race issue wouldn''t arise.  Perhaps people can start waking up now?
[/quote]I still fail to see why this is "difficulty" involved with Hughton''s appointment. For 18 months nobody has even noticed or cared about his race. It just isn''t an issue in any way, shape or form. Now an Ipswich fan decides to post a bad-taste joke on social media and you are interpreting this as a "difficulty" associated with Hughton''s appointment?What are we supposed to be waking up to?

I''ve heard plenty of plenty of remarks from day one, be they tongue-in-cheek. But, it will probably turn out that i''m the only one honest enough to admit to hearing, what i''d refer to as casual racism i guess. i.e. there''s no devised venom behind it.

If things got to the point that they did with Worthington some tit, or possibly tits will tarnish our reputation out of anger, and that was my concern. But the original question was really based around our perception outside of the area and whether this perception exists, and if it does exist is it valid? On top of that the game is very unbalanced in terms of having a high percentage of black players, but very few black managers. I don''t know why that is, but that was what i referred to as difficulties.

But, Listen i don''t want to go into detail as it''s not fair on Hughton who i have utmost respect for.

I was uncomfortable replying to this thread today, however, after being grilled on here originally claiming that i was a racist for bringing the issue up BEFORE his appointment, i felt it worth flagging up again today with the current news.

It annoyed me at the time how people read between the lines and labelled me a racist, when in fact it was a valid question which i wanted to know the answer to, i stopped discussing it when Chris was appointed as it no longer was a hypothetical question and revolved around an individual, i''m not into that.

Moving on... To me the incident looks a bit overcooked in the media, but then that''s the issue here isn''t it, i think we''re more likely to brush something like this off as someone acting an idiot, while elsewhere it would/could cause outrage.

I''m surrounded by ''casual'' racists, i''ll be honest, maybe other people aren''t, i don''t know, To me it seems normal to hear how such and such town, village, car boot, market, pub etc. has gone to pot since people from ethnicity x or y have ''taken it over'', or whatever words are expressed.

I don''t know maybe i''m too honest in talking publicly about these things, i''m not easily offended, and therefore can''t be the voice of someone who is. But i can ask the questions.

I understand your points 100%, skn. I brought up this very issue indirectly a few days ago when I asked on another thread why there was a paternalistic attitude towards Hughton by some fans who overstate how terrfic he is.

Maybe nobody got it, or wanted to admit it, or maybe I''m simply wrong but I have a feeling some refuse to criticize him when he deserves it because he is black (or half so) and want to give him more leeway lest they been seen as racially intolerant.

He''s made some horrible decisions this season. Our approach to too men games this and last season made for dull games.

It''s okay to question him. He''s a man. He can take it. And based on an article or comment here and there, he''s learned from it. Treat him like a man. Not a black man.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I understand your points 100%, skn. I brought up this very issue indirectly a few days ago when I asked on another thread why there was a paternalistic attitude towards Hughton by some fans who overstate how terrfic he is.

Maybe nobody got it, or wanted to admit it, or maybe I''m simply wrong but I have a feeling some refuse to criticize him when he deserves it because he is black (or half so) and want to give him more leeway lest they been seen as racially intolerant.

He''s made some horrible decisions this season. Our approach to too men games this and last season made for dull games.

It''s okay to question him. He''s a man. He can take it. And based on an article or comment here and there, he''s learned from it. Treat him like a man. Not a black man.[/quote]

Today''s lesson Houston is how to pronounce Russell Martins name. He is a defender ( they are the people that try to stop the other team scoring) his first name is pronounced like Russell as in Russell Crowe his surname is pronounced the same as Martin Luther King. Hope that helps

Houston, there are many people criticising CH on here, haven''t you noticed? However I think there are also lots of people who genuinely think he is doing a good job. That''s just their opinion and after all, there are still a few people here who thought Bryan Gunn was a good choice!

I think most Norwich fans seldom refer to Hughton as a non-white. It''s the sort of thing that someone thinks about if there''s a race-related football issue in the media or via Hughton''s support for initiatives in that area.Even when Hughton has got flak there doesn''t really seem to be a noticible racial issue, so if anything he''s being treated equally. I think the folk who are less inclined to be as critical probably would always be like that, whatever the racial origin. Overall I haven''t detected any significant differences in how Hughton is viewed that I could put down to his racial origin.An interesting aside is that the Head of Equality at the PFA is a half-black Norwich girl, so Norwich is at the forefront of these issues in more ways than one.

Houston, There are also many people on here who feel Hughton is doing a good job (myself included) who could just as easily slant what they perceive as unjustified criticism as racism.

Neither this nor your suggestion that people are holding back because of his colour are true - they are just honest viewpoints on how the guy is doing his job.

Having said that there are racists in this county, just like everywhere else and they will have their biased perception of Hughton based on other factors.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]For some reason this thread disturbs me a little or, am I reading between the lines when there is nothing to read.......[/quote]Somehow it''s run to 12 pages and counting but I''ll bet SPD''s keeping his beady eye on it.

Am I the only one on here who never thinks of Chris Hughton as black, half black or whatever.

Personally I could not care if he was white, black, yellow or green. I never think of it or about it.

If I discuss him it is about his role as football manager not about whether he is a fat, thin, tall, short, jewish, catholic, atheist, muslim football manager because, quite simply, I couldn''t give a sh*t.

[quote user="Schlong Connery"]Similar to what I said about gay footballers... 

What colour the management is  I COULDN''T GIVE A F*** As long as they give it their all.

[/quote]

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah![Y]

Waveney, hoe fo you pronounce"I hope Chelsea win" because that''s what you said on your dreading playing Chelsea thread?

I assume some of the overly harsh criticism of CH is race based.

I did nt say EVERYONE defending him is patronizing but those who bend over backwards to defend or excuse his worst decisions, when maybe they didn''t do the ssme for others, appear to maybe be doing so to shoe how tolerant they are. This too is latent racism. It''s condescending.