Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Ruddy, R Bennett, Howson and Holt - England's backbone

It''s been a long while since we''ve had a solid, reliable and consistent backbone but these four look to be the part.

The fact they''re all English and the majority of the squad is from the UK and Ireland is great to see but should they all be in the England squad as well?

Ruddy - 100% - After Joe Hart he has been the most consistent ''keeper playing in the top league and is worthy of a spot alongside Foster.

R.Bennett - 5% - It''s too early to be considered for the seniors but already involved heavily in the under-21 set up. As Ferdinand and Terry get older he represents the future.

J.Howson - 10% - Alot of competition in the centre of the park but a great season next year followed again by the likely retirements of Lampard/Gerrard/Parker in the future leaves space alongside Wilshere.

G.Holt - 90% - Now or never. Alongside Rooney, Defoe is the next likely due to sheer speed and finishing ability with Sturridge but is Welbeck/Crouch really a better option then Holt?

[quote user="Bovril"]It''s been a long while since we''ve had a solid, reliable and consistent backbone but these four look to be the part. The fact they''re all English and the majority of the squad is from the UK and Ireland is great to see but should they all be in the England squad as well? Ruddy - 100% - After Joe Hart he has been the most consistent ''keeper playing in the top league and is worthy of a spot alongside Foster. R.Bennett - 5% - It''s too early to be considered for the seniors but already involved heavily in the under-21 set up. As Ferdinand and Terry get older he represents the future. J.Howson - 10% - Alot of competition in the centre of the park but a great season next year followed again by the likely retirements of Lampard/Gerrard/Parker in the future leaves space alongside Wilshere. G.Holt - 90% - Now or never. Alongside Rooney, Defoe is the next likely due to sheer speed and finishing ability with Sturridge but is Welbeck/Crouch really a better option then Holt?[/quote].......i mostly agree, though i think bennett could be higher, after all smallings played for england after just a few games, mostly from the bench i think, for manure. i would be amazed, and disgusted, if ruddy is not in the next england squad.